Thread: Fishing 600-700

10+ Year Old Account

Fishing 600-700

Hey there,

How does fishing work again,
    Can i fish anywhere to get it to 700? or do i need to fish in draenor?
    A bit fogy atm what to do.

Regards,
    Gimlix
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can fish anywhere.

You can fish anywhere, but I'd recommend the garrison. With frostdeep minnows (or lunarfall carp if you're alliance) you can get a +100 pole and +100 hat, although they're temporary, but you'll also get a lifetime supply of +200 bait as well as a chance at TWO mounts, the regular fishing turtle as well as the TCG riding turtle. Not only that, but in the garrison, you can fish up any type of fish with bait. You'll also be getting coins for nat pagle.

Edit: you'll probably have to do the draenor angler achievement first though... maybe do that.

Yeah, just go about getting all the 100 enormous fish achievements to unlock the level 3 shack. You'll get to 700 long before you finish that. If you don't care about the (level 3) shack, do the daily for +15 skill-ups. The quest items for it come from filleting fish, doesn't matter where it comes from (fishing, AH or trading post).

Can i do all the fish 100 of x fish achievements in garrison? I need bait for that right? How do i get these baits the best way?

You can't get the 100 fish achievements in the garrison, at least not the first time you do the individual achievements. You need to catch the enormous variant of the fish for the achievement, which will only be fishable in your garrison when you have the fishing shack at level 3, which requires the meta-achievement to unlock the pattern for it, which requires you to catch 100 enormous of each fish.

It goes a lot faster than you would think, if you dedicate a couple hours to it you'll have it done.

Deleted
    You can do it all in your Garrison if you wanted, you fish up the baits for the different kinds you wanna fish when you reach lvl 3 fishing hut you can fish the enormous right from your garrison

Deleted
    In WoD leveling your fishing skill is easy, but reaching 700 is only the beginning of the real deal - as mentioned above, getting the level 3 fishing shack in your garrison requires you to fish up literally hundreds of enormous fishes of various kind. So take leveling as a first step with much more to come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kundriczanden View Post
    In WoD leveling your fishing skill is easy, but reaching 700 is only the beginning of the real deal - as mentioned above, getting the level 3 fishing shack in your garrison requires you to fish up literally hundreds of enormous fishes of various kind. So take leveling as a first step with much more to come after that.
    and even then, fishing those hundreds of fish is a tiny part of getting nat pagle's mount and pets. I've fished up over a fifty thousand enormous fish by now. Managed to get the sea turtle, riding turtle and the crimson waterstrider as well as tons of gold from selling the fish though, so I'm happy. It really is a huge time sink if you want all the rewards, even more than what most people think.

The daily gives +15. Just do that a few times.