Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down "WoW team has doubled"

Remember when Blizz said that last year? When will we see results from that? Or did they all get fired again?
    Last edited by geniebsmart; 2015-04-13 at 08:38 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they working on the next expansion already, i'm fairly sure WoD is a filler and will be the shortext expansion out of all
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new people are still being trained I think.

Noone knows what they have been doing all this time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Busy making assets for the next expansion I would strongly assume.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are they were so pressed to get the bare basics of WoD out the door they didn't have time to prepare patch content (which they normally do prior to release). I'm not sure more people would be any help when they're as far behind as they are, the best they can probably do at this point is make a fucked release schedule slightly less fucked.

That's my theory, at least. They're going to be playing catchup until the next expansion. It'd explain why they basically skipped 6.1 to work on 6.2. If there's no change by next expansion, then 'the team has doubled' line is probably bullshit.
    Last edited by Apology; 2015-04-13 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Most of them are probably marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I think they working on the next expansion already, i'm fairly sure WoD is a filler and will be the shortext expansion out of all
    They said that about mop too and we got 14months of diddly squat :S

Which expansion is filler and short?
    They are all 2 years apart.

In fact, next expansion doesn't get start early until last raid is done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They said that about mop too and we got 14months of diddly squat :S
    Well, remember in the PC Gamer interview Blizz said they were already "working" in the new zones of the next expansion.

I guess that their plan is as follows : if we can get the next expansion out in time we do a 2 tier expansion with WoD if not we'll just make it 3 tier.

This is what I think of what they're planning, also we don't know on what the people that got hired are working on. They could be in the expansion production team or the content production.

One does wonder, what is that enormous team of highly trained WoW professionals actually doing?

Deleted
    That's great but I paid $60 for this expansion and not the next. I think they intentionally made this statement to get more people buying WoD and it worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    The new people are still being trained I think.
    This is a picture of all the new members learning an important lesson on designing characters.

http://www.pequeapreschool.com/wp-co...8/PB260034.JPG
    Last edited by SeiferH; 2015-04-13 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I guess that their plan is as follows : if we can get the next expansion out in time we do a 2 tier expansion with WoD if not we'll just make it 3 tier.
    It actually seems that WoD will have 2 tiers AND take ~2 years like previous expansions did.

6 months in, we haven't even *heard* about 2nd tier. It's safe to bet that it will take at least 3-4 months just to arrive. Then perhaps 1-2 months just to open (witness how long they've been opening HM+BRF). Then another 6 months to play. And after that it's already 18 months, there's no room for 3rd tier, they will just do nothing for 3-4, maybe 6, more months and release next expansion so they can take money again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    In fact, next expansion doesn't get start early until last raid is done.
    Not true. It's Blizzard's MO, they start to work on the next expansion as soon as the previous expansion becomes gold.

Deleted
    They had to be brought up to speed at a "How Twitter can improve your business" seminar, next is a 4 day course of "Facebook in your MMO?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    One does wonder, what is that enormous team of highly trained WoW professionals actually doing?
    If I wanted to be optimistic my guess is they're doing 7.0 beta right now and that's how they truly plan to make this 2 tier thing work. 6.2 in July, and that tier won't last a year and might see a beta period that lasts 2-3 months or less. Probably in an ideal world they would have a long beta anymore that takes some of the surprise and freshness out of the initial experience. The beta model they had ran for the past couple xpacs just doesn't work and were basically testing content as soon as it was made, instead of going through a polishing process before the player sees it for a short time on beta so it isn't fully spoiled by the time it hits live. So in short, I think they're trying to build a legit buffer, but eh, that's definitely the optimistic answer. The other reason they'd bring in all these people would be to just rely less on the playerbase to test and polish their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Blizz said they were already "working" in the new zones of the next expansion
    That's what they say since BC. Every single time. But "working" can mean a lot of things, not just programing... like they already started to draw the first concept arts, or there was a meeting where they talked about for a 30 mins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Results are a selfie cam and probably some new store mount. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    That's what they say since BC. Every single time. But "working" can mean a lot of things, not just programing... like they already started to draw the first concept arts, or there was a meeting where they talked about for a 30 mins.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...in-development

from end of 2013.