Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kael'thas's ridiculous aoe potential

Here is a build I made after looking over his talents for a good while.

http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...RbRUReRIPiRyAA

So the focus of this build is really living bomb, and from playing a mage so much in wow I can easily see where they copy and pasted fire's mechanics (some of them, which is good, it's keeping it similar to a real fire mage, which is the goal).

So let's say for a team fight, it's 5v5. What do you do with this build?

First you flamestrike, does aoe dmg and applies living bomb to everyone.
    Secondly you verdant sphere into a free living bomb and it removes the CD
    Third you re-apply living bomb, which makes the targets LB explode, re-applying it to that target and all the heroes around them.
    Fourthly, this is where it gets confusing, because with these talents when LB explodes it re-applies LB, if it's a chain reaction will it continously re-apply LB to every hero? And when the explosion re-applies LB does it then make the LB explode? Because this is where it can get tricky. You would potentially have LB's constantly exploding.

So let's assume they all re-apply at the same time and the explosions don't keep on going off, you've effectively provided 3 LB explosions which is an aoe on 5 targets, so 15 total explosions, and a flamestrike.

I'll definitely need to test this stuff out once he's available, but I see the potential of him being EXTREMELY strong in huge team fights. His aoe potential could be absolutely crazy.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2015-05-11 at 08:09 PM.

I really don't think you can get away with not taking Bolt on him @ 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Oh the 20 talent was kind of an afterthought, I should change that. However it was the living bomb talents that really shine in this build.

Could probably change the first row, and honestly pyroblast might work better for a team fight build.

Bolt's great but it isn't mandatory, you just have to play more conservatively, watch you don't overextend, pay careful attention to the map etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Bolt's great but it isn't mandatory, you just have to play more conservatively, watch you don't overextend, pay careful attention to the map etc.
    In other words, you need to get it over the ult upgrades.

Yeah the damage potential on him looks insane, which is the main reason i'm pulling an allnighter tonight so i can play him right when the servers come back up.

Perhaps if Abathur was babysitting, and gave you the movement speed increase from the top hat... otherwise Kael needs Bolt since he'd be a sitting duck.

Thing is, he seems likely to be a Kill or be Killed type of character. More positional than Jaina too, since she can Sprint if she chooses it.

In other words, you need to get it over the ult upgrades.
    I play Raynor without any kind of escape all the time. If it was really that essential you'd be dead meat until level 20 anyway.

But I feel like we've had this argument 100 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I never take bolt on any of my heroes. I don't find it that useful tbh.

Homophobia is so gay.

I play Raynor without any kind of escape all the time. If it was really that essential you'd be dead meat until level 20 anyway.

Raynor has an escape, though... with his double knockback+stun. And he's really tanky for an assassin.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I look forward to all our, "Kael is OP" discussions down the road, just like our Sylv ones.

lol, this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I look forward to all our, "Kael is OP" discussions down the road, just like our Sylv ones.
    Mormolyce and lesane, the masters of balance discussion.

The fact is that getting an escape on a hero that normally doesn't have one is a way bigger powerspike than the other 20 talents could possibly be. Hell, even on a lot of heroes that do have an escape it's still big enough of a deal to take it in the majority of cases.

Ya, both Kael and the Crusader seem NUTS.
    Sylvanis is crazy, but her kit and build didn't look as nuts on paper as these two do to me.
    Hope to see them this week.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's not a powerspike if in the end you don't need it. There are not enough gapcloser in my opinion to make bolt mandatory.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It's not a powerspike if in the end you don't need it. There are not enough gapcloser in my opinion to make bolt mandatory.
    By that logic you don't "need" any talent as you were able to play without until the level that you unlocked it. Bolt makes you infinitely harder to kill and can be used offensively as well. What are you gonna take instead? That Pyroblast reset talent? I doubt you're gonna be allowed to chain cast 5 man Pyro's. Phoenix is going to be one of those things that people will run away from anyway, so it lasting twice as long does nothing aside from zoning longer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya, both Kael and the Crusader seem NUTS.
    Sylvanis is crazy, but her kit and build didn't look as nuts on paper as these two do to me.
    Hope to see them this week.
    Sylvanas seemed way more OP than Kael did tbh. Kael might have crazy damage and AoE, but he has no escape unlike Sylvanas. If Sylvanas didn't have her E no one would've imagined her ever becoming OP either.

Well Lesane you can't stay things like "Sylvanas seemed way more OP" when she was never OP. It just does not make sense. A hero is OP or he is not. It can't "seem OP". That's just bad to think like that.

And about Bolt, i was not talking about Kael Thas in particular. I'm talking about the talent in general. I find it really really situational. But it's just my opinion. I'm not saying I am 100% right and everybody else is wrong.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well Lesane you can't stay things like "Sylvanas seemed way more OP" when she was never OP. It just does not make sense. A hero is OP or he is not. It can't "seem OP". That's just bad to think like that.
    We were talking about heroes on paper. Read the quote.

We were talking about heroes on paper. Read the quote.
    Still... even on paper you can't say it "looks OP". What does that mean ? It does not mean anything at all... It brings nothing to the table.... I don't see why people would ever talk about something "on paper". ????

Homophobia is so gay.

I wouldn't say bolt will be mandatory on Kael, but it will most likely end up being the best choice most of the time. By the looks of it, he will have play style similar to Jaina. Btw, did you notice that he has highest base hp out of all ranged assassins? His mana shield talent also seems to be very strong (300% mana as shield), maybe he won't be as squishy as it seems and he won't need that escape button as much (but to be honest I would still take bolt 9/10 times in ranked).