Poll: What do you think is next?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Well, yeah, of course. That's what they've been saying since they announced WoD at Blizzcon, but people are still "speculating" for some reason... If this wasn't the last patch of the expansion I'd be very surprised, since they've put so much emphasis on it and said it many times.
    They've said many times that they hadn't decided yet now many raid tiers there will be in WoD. The only people who have 'confirmed' that there would be only two raid tiers were the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    We did, but none of those were story driven though a long elaborate quest chain. You think they are going to put Two legendary items into this quest chain? For what use would the next one be? There is nothing left to kill.
    Several legendary items were given through the Pandaria questchain. Granted, two of them were gem upgrades. But there's certainly room for them to add more content - they haven't flat out said this will be the final raid zone, and Archimonde as the expansion's final boss would be a little strange. If we get a tier beyond Hellfire, it's possible that we could get another questchain for another legendary item.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Several legendary items were given through the Pandaria questchain. Granted, two of them were gem upgrades. But there's certainly room for them to add more content - they haven't flat out said this will be the final raid zone, and Archimonde as the expansion's final boss would be a little strange. If we get a tier beyond Hellfire, it's possible that we could get another questchain for another legendary item.
    Again, what would we be killing? We are only here still because khadgar wants to destroy gul'dan before he gets out of hand. The hellfire citadel is under his control. He will obviously be a boss. So if the reason we are still here is killed, as well as the ones giving him orders, what is left?

I will give you that fact that they could add a gem or something, but that doesn't answer the question of whats left.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I hope new expansion, but Guldan and Grom are not in the raid. What could that mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Metzen said at Blizzcon that WoD is part 1 of a multi-part story arc. This expansion would not be a stand alone story like previous expansions. Grom and Gul'dan do not have to be resolved in 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I hope new expansion, but Guldan and Grom are not in the raid. What could that mean?
    Gul'dan is all over the raid, he just doesn't seem to be an actual boss you fight.

Deleted
    While we can't know for sure, I think most things point towards 6.2 being the final patch, Hellfire being the final raid, and the next expansion announcement being right around the corner. I'd say Gamescom for the announcement, or an event arranged around then by Blizzard.

They very clearly said that if things go well on the next expansion's development (back in August, when they also said they already had zones in production for it), then we wouldn't need multiple raid tiers. Since everything we've seen from 6.2 thus far points towards it concluding all the little plots and tying the knots together, it is very possible that things are indeed going well with the next expansion.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling it'll go a little like this:
    Gul'dan will escape from us, he'll end up making it to the Tomb of Sargeras. Which will then lead to the South Seas Expansion next and after that expansion we'll take the fight to Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, Blizzard hasn't really given me any evidence to suggest that they'll be getting their next expansion out in a hurry. Perhaps they're holding their cards close to their chest in order to keep us interested in the current expansion... but until they say otherwise my bet is that they won't have it out until sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    they haven't flat out said this will be the final raid zone, and Archimonde as the expansion's final boss would be a little strange. If we get a tier beyond Hellfire.

While true it would feel a little strange, but at the same time considering Archimonde is in the top 3 of power in the universe (Himself, KJ and Sargeras) I think anyone after him would feel a little underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Again, what would we be killing? We are only here still because khadgar wants to destroy gul'dan before he gets out of hand. The hellfire citadel is under his control. He will obviously be a boss. So if the reason we are still here is killed, as well as the ones giving him orders, what is left?

I will give you that fact that they could add a gem or something, but that doesn't answer the question of whats left.
    Unless Gul'dan is a hidden mythic-only boss, there's not really anything to suggest he's a boss in Hellfire Citadel, as we already have the complete list of 13 bosses. It's entirely possible him, Grommash, or anyone else could die in the hidden sound files, but neither of them appear to be bosses themselves.

That said, I still believe you're right. Neither of them have to die for the expansion to end, and I don't really see where we could possibly go from here in this expansion.

Deleted
    Of course 6.2 is not REALLY end of xpac.
    A 13-boss raid clearly needs 14 months to be properly appreciated.

Of course it'll be announced at Blizzcon, not a day sooner. Been this way for a few years anyway.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Of course it'll be announced at Blizzcon, not a day sooner. Been this way for a few years anyway.
    Yeah. The real question is what state will it be in at Blizzcon. Will it be the usual "still a year off" state, or will they blow our minds by announcing it and giving a "Beta in January" thing?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I doubt the expansion will be shorter than others. From Wotlk and forward the last patch has lasted about a year till the next expansion. So once we get the sinal patch just add a year and then should be about your next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Don't think there will be a third raid. They're gonna redeem Grom in this one, they're probably gonna mirror the warcraft 3 death scene and have him save Thrall from undead Mannoroth or even Archimonde himself. They'll leave Gul'dan as the tie-in to the next expansion.
    It'd be interesting if thrall was the one saving Grommash, would be an interesting mix-up.

Then again, I just really want thrall to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I think were getting a 3rd tier, unless Gul'dan escapes to Azeroth & Grom joins are side.
    Grom will be tortured in Hellfire. The legendary quest chain is also finished in 6.2. Would be strange to get a new content patch but no new upgrade for the legendary.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Expansion is never going to happen before winter holidays 2016, stop getting your hopes up...

10+ Year Old Account
    The next expac will be released on the same day the movie debuts, it's obvious...
    The next expac will take us to AU lordaeron on the second war with the same heroes portrayed in the movie, to get new players in....