Me either, I actually enjoy being forced into other specs all the time as it changes things up.

Destructions probably my favorite spec with demo being easily my least favorite, and I was happy to actually see lots of demo play this tier after having played a metric butt-ton of destro between siege farm and highmaul.

It was a nice change of pace, and now I'm ready to play something else.

Oh man, I hope the Demons people are summoning on PTR are not just bugs. How cool will it be to proc an old Raid boss as a servant? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Oh man, I hope the Demons people are summoning on PTR are not just bugs. How cool will it be to proc an old Raid boss as a servant? lol
    How cool for us, and how horrible for the melee pile.

I mean.. they already can't see anything, just gonna be even better with us throwing randomly sized demons in the pile.

Deleted
    I enjoy spec switching. I rarely play the same spec back to back on farm anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    How cool for us, and how horrible for the melee pile.

I mean.. they already can't see anything, just gonna be even better with us throwing randomly sized demons in the pile.
    Melee are second class citizens anyway. Ikr, can't wait to hear them complaining when they're in this nice spot and then suddenly a huge demons spawns over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Melee are second class citizens anyway. Ikr, can't wait to hear them complaining when they're in this nice spot and then suddenly a huge demons spawns over them.
    I can't wait to see who actually plays demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    I can't wait to see who actually plays demo.
    This. /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

I'll be playing demo every fight once they are on farm for my guild. Aff bores the hell out of me and destro is only interesting in certain cases. Only playing those specs for progression and a few rekills max.

I'm looking forward to playing Aff with the class trinket, managing those short DoT's on council/multi-target fights along with SB:Haunt should be fairly engaging

Since I'm not in a bleeding edge guild I'll pick demo back up with new 4pc + class trinket....even at bottom of the meters it should be fun having an army of imps and huge demons.

new ptr build and nothing changed... i guess the demo nerfs are here to stay ((

i guess its back to destro.. meh..
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    I'm looking forward to playing Aff with the class trinket, managing those short DoT's on council/multi-target fights along with SB:Haunt should be fairly engaging

Since I'm not in a bleeding edge guild I'll pick demo back up with new 4pc + class trinket....even at bottom of the meters it should be fun having an army of imps and huge demons.
    New Aff trinket + Council+ SB:haunt?

That sounds like a nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    New Aff trinket + Council+ SB:haunt?

That sounds like a nightmare
    Tried it on the 3 target dummies in Shattrath, good damage but holy shit you are recasting so much you almost never get to cast drain soul. Add another target and you will never cast anything but dots and sbhaunts.
    Kapelusz of Encore

I think we're not even going to use 4pc as affliction on ST. With the archimonde trinket pushing out drain soul, the offset pieces are pretty attractive. We'll probably use chest and gloves, they are mastery/haste. But there are +10ilevel pieces for head and shoulder, and the legs are crit/multi.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-05-14 at 07:50 PM.

The 2 and 4 set bonuses are fine with the trinket on single target, its when you add more targets is when they lose most of their value.
    Last edited by Kapelusz; 2015-05-14 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Words
    Kapelusz of Encore

The tier pieces are rather oddly itemized. Three mastery/haste pieces and two crit/multistrike pieces. The only class to not have at least three permutations of stats on their tier.

You'll use it single target. You will get enough uptime for haunt to only need to be casted once during each DS which will free up enough shards for 100% uptime on SB: Haunt. Council style fights I doubt though.

Deleted
    Someone tell them that Destro doesn't have drain life now! Or do they plan to give it back?

Anyone asked for or received a comment why demo gets nerf after nerf?

sometimes you hit the motherlode

edit - demo 2pc is annoying to keep up as it refreshes when soulfire hits the target rather than on cast. Also the buff indication for the 2pc on yourself is misleading, as it really is only useful for telling you when all buffs drop off. When new demons are summoned they start off with no stacks and then when you soulfire while they are out they start getting their stacks. Demo trinket is insane fury gen
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2015-05-15 at 02:24 AM.

Jet,
    Is the DF generation from the trinket enough to offset the 25-28% beatdown demo took or is it just too much? Since the rest of the spec got nerfed down to demonbolt is it reasonable to think a dbolt/syn build would be the new option if we had UVLS levels of DF to spend? Its the only way I can see the spec having a chance. Also with the specific nerfs to HoG's dot damage do we just chaoswave now? I can only imagne how fubar the APL would/will be for demo come 6.2.

I really hope they tinker with things for affliction between the archi trinket and the T18 set bonuses so they are more synergistic than working against one another. Since we are likely to be forced into a aff/dest setup its reasonable to think we would go for a full 4pc during progression when gear is tight. Sure you can build seprate sets later when farming but when it counts most you shouldn't need 2x gearsets to play competitively.

How did destro feel with the trinket and the stacking crit debuff? Yeah I saw the chaosbolt spam from amazing RNG but in a more practical sense is it even worth it since it doesn't impact chaosbolt (CR's biggest damage source by far). Non CR destro even an option? We back to sup/dserv destro if we use the archi trinket?