Thread: Timewalking!!!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is awesome and I hope they feel rewarding. I was waiting for this for a long time since FF14 has implemented a similar thing but I hope its more than WoTLK and includes older stuff too.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to this a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It's not even out yet and you're saying it has to be the way you say or it's a failure. Cool.
    He has a point.If it is just scaling peoples levels / ilevels down, why bother running those dungeons? If we get nothing out of them, there is no reason to do them other then maybe helping a friend who is just starting out.

They cant even get people to go back to current dungeons. How would they get them to go back to old ones? I will be interested in seeing how they solve this question.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    He has a point.If it is just scaling peoples levels / ilevels down, why bother running those dungeons? If we get nothing out of them, there is no reason to do them other then maybe helping a friend who is just starting out.
    We already know it's not "just that" because new timewalker gear types have been datamined as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You don't think they're going to redesign all of the dungeons do you?
    Is it too much to expect some new content (mechanics, rewards, etc) and not just different numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Anyone what raided lvl 100 Molten Core know that this thing will never work. MC what was pretty much test for timewalking was nothing then huge cluster ***** what had absolulty nothing to do with old MC. We would need original lvl 60 character desing to be these dungons same as they were.
    If Blizzard did it right, it would work.

Right now at max level, we have a choice of 8 dungeons to queue for.

If Timewalking is done right, we could sit in a queue of 83 different dungeons.

Molten Core was dumb because only Ragnaros dropped anything. It made it so that there was very little replay value. Blizzard would have to make it so that anyone and everyone will want to queue for old instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

They cant even get people to go back to current dungeons. How would they get them to go back to old ones? I will be interested in seeing how they solve this question.
    Nostalgia, they will likely give incentives, playing with a friend without making a new character, breaking the routine of sitting in my garrison waiting for a raid, fun.

Perfect reward system:

Bosses drop tokens that when right-clicked create a level-appropriate item. Can bonus roll to an epic a few extra ilevels higher.
    End of dungeon gives a satchel (similiar to as your leveling up) and it has more chances at items, maybe Timewalker-specific epics ~700 ilevel and some mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Is it too much to expect some new content (mechanics, rewards, etc) and not just different numbers?
    Do you know how many old dungeons there are? A lot. To go back and change mechanics in them would be incredibly hard. I guarantee that there will be a reward for this. It may be an xmog system

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This would be amazing. Running the same 8 for 2 years (the whole life of the expansion) is REALLY shitty.

83 dungeons? Maybe a few downvote options = awesome.

Will be cool if peoples who reroll don't have to wait 30 min / X hours before being able to get in a dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    For six or seven dozen dungeons? Yeah, it is. Perhaps it will be just some of them and something like that will be done. Perhaps not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Cool, something new people can whine about.
    Well aside from it not being new you managed to whine about whining that hasn't even happened yet. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You don't think they're going to redesign all of the dungeons do you?
    Well if they don't then this is pretty unappealing and just giving more fodder to the whole "Warlords of Recycling". Personally I fail to see the appeal of running old dungeons on a lower level, I do that aplenty when leveling already.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Nostalgia, they will likely give incentives, playing with a friend without making a new character, breaking the routine of sitting in my garrison waiting for a raid, fun.
    Incentives and playing with a friend will be two biggest reasons someone might do it. If I want to do an older dungeon, I do it on a low level
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    The last patch of an expansion usually adds a huge feature to wow LFD, LFR, Flex. I think this will be ...huge.

They could make the drops scale to your level. It doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.
    Last edited by mmocb8305427e9; 2015-04-14 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see I suppose. Better to wait and see what Blizzard really has in mind for this. Since I don't level a lot of alts I don't mind going back and seeing some places I haven't seen in a while. I'm sure it's all going to be optional so those who are already writhing in agony over its appearance won't have to bother with it. That will be good for everyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to get my hopes up. WoD has been terrible so far. But this and mythic dungeons has finally gotten me interested.

Doesn't matter how much content they make, or how good it is. The classes are still the first priority and right now they are the worst they have ever been.

Its like making an amazing race track then giving you a 1 wheeled tractor to race in. It is pointless, they are completely off the point and I can't see them getting back to it this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Right now at max level, we have a choice of 8 dungeons to queue for.

Love you for knowing how many dungeons there are. This new option sounds amazing.

I think some of the old dungeons could be nifty. It won't be molten core 2.0. I would think that these timewalking dungeons would be designed as casual content. Yes, even the BC and cata dungeons will be fairly easy with a good tank.