Thread: 6.2 PTR notes

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    i have survived all of those mechanics too on mythic but the problem persists that our am didnt work on most of those mechanics and we reliad on externals to survive , and that isnt fun when you see monks and dks taking 0 dmg on all those mechanics.

Added to that i think our high flat dmg reduction pales in comparison to what they can heal.
    1) I beg to differ between "didn´t work" and "is too weak". Shieldbarrier works on default on all types of damage. I agree, that it should scale slightly better with resolve or get a flat buff but it is far from "not working" or even "utterly useless". I am currently running around 480k health (flask + hp buff). With an average amount of resolve, my 60 rage Barriers will yield me a 60k-80k shield. That equals to ~ 13-16% of my max hp. I find that potent enough to justify its use.

2) Design intent is, that tanks need to rely more on externals, last time I checked. That some classes do not need to do so is not a design flaw within the warrior class but with other classes.

3) I agree that the two classes mentioned are currently stronger/not working as intended and therefore I enjoy seeing them being adjusted with 6.2. Stagger is significantly weakened, both in amount and mechanic (cannot stagger armor ignoring abilities anymore) and with the removal of the glyph, DKs will no longer be able to spam Sindragosa´s Breath.

4) Damage reduction and Absorption is superior to healing, since healing fixes something that already has gone wrong and reduction/absorb tackles the problem before it occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I froze for a month now, and to be honest approached these patchnotes with a good amount of curiosity and why not: expectations.
    I knew and still know that a mid expansion overhaul is completely unrealistic (and in this matter I'd like Archie to say if he knows for sure there really won't be any or if it's just a safe assumption), but stilll I had and still have my hopes up.

I mean, in my view possibilities vary from getting back Overpower yada yada given that Rend is back aswell since 6.0, or simply giving back to both Fury and Arms Heroic Strike and finetune everything from there, giving the devs tools to solve the problem of an Execute-centric rotation.

And what do I see?
    I see old core mechanics of Arms given back. As trinkets and sets.
    Now, everything has already been said about how this is the epitome of bad design. Because it is and it's undeniable.

The really really astonishing thing is that there's a clear will to exclude a chunk of the playerbase from playing the class properly, and it's not even a matter of having X trinket to compete, because the Archimonde tank trinket is icing on the cake no matter how much it improves Warriors' tanking capability against magic damage: getting back the old Sudden Death via a tierset is a slap in the face to anybody who doesn't like a certain kind of PvE content, and basically forces the userbase to tackle a certain content to unlock the full functionality of the class.

If that was to happen with a PvP related content gated by rating, you'd see people explode until the cows came home.
    It basically says that if you want to play a full shaped version of the class, you have to get into this type of stuff or be stuck with World of Warcraft: Helicopters.

And I'm not even entering into the stupidity of resetting MS with Rend.
    It could have been maybe a proper single target filler, a six seconds cooldown one, or five, or maybe a reactive ability that gets a controllable internal cooldown with the Rend ticks. Do I need to wink any further?
    No. It's Mortal Strike. So that there's the case of clipping, given that we are getting more haste I guess.
    But I guess it's hard to operate when the rotation has nothing to work on.

And I guess I need to state that Archimtiros is right once more, if anything nerfs are on the way, and until some power won't be shifted away from Execute and Mastery keeps on getting in, nerfs will always follow.

i am gonna go out on a limb and say the OP is a warrior?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horidin View Post
    What gave it away, the fact that it was posted in the Warrior forum?

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post

And what do I see?
    I see old core mechanics of Arms given back. As trinkets and sets.
    Now, everything has already been said about how this is the epitome of bad design. Because it is and it's undeniable.
    I believe that they are just trying things that could potentially be part or arms and furys kit next expansion. If you look at other classes, mage, hunter etc they get mostly summons to boost damage or increases to cd durations and less that counter direct problems with their rotations because they are already well rounded.

Fury's stacking haste trinket is an excellent way to dull the blow of bloodthirst not procing, bringing it's cd close to 3 seconds. Can't say much for the Fury T18 lets hope that gets buffed but they obviously see that recklessness is quite underpowered if they let us shave 20 seconds off with each wildstrike. Honestly I'd like them to just tack on a recklessness also increase damage by 10%. I'm ok with the 2p since it at least makes bloodsurge procs feel nice, they could always do more damage also.

For Arms I really like the idea of things resetting on rend tick since more targets equals more fun, so I think they are on the right track with that. Auto attack resets help with single target boredom but I do think there still needs to be changes made beyond just those two things but at least they are moving in a direction of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Horidin View Post
    Woah check out Sherlock over here...

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    Woah check out Sherlock over here...
    A lot of people just see 6.2 PTR notes in the latest threads and assume it is an all in one thread. You get it with the transmog threads too. Warrior one and people linking their hunter or some shit

I cannot wait for this patch, its going to be intense!

How's everyone finding warriors dps in 6.2 atm? Not doing too well on my single target tests, struggling to sit at 40k dps for fury and easily keeping up 50k on my BM hunter, a little concerning unless I'm doing something very wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    How's everyone finding warriors dps in 6.2 atm? Not doing too well on my single target tests, struggling to sit at 40k dps for fury and easily keeping up 50k on my BM hunter, a little concerning unless I'm doing something very wrong.
    Dummy testing has never been anything more than a way to refine your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Dummy testing has never been anything more than a way to refine your rotation.
    yeah i was sitting thinking about this for a bit haha, considering how big the spike of execute phase is for us plus the pretty nice bladestorm conditions of hellfire I've turned my frown upside down for the most part, still a little disappointed in fury's t18 bonuses.

Deleted
    They haven't finished balancing yet so I don't see too much point in worrying about it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    They haven't finished balancing yet so I don't see too much point in worrying about it right now.
    If the PTR notes so far have been any indication, highly doubt warriors will get a huge, if any, tuning/balancing come 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuji View Post
    If the PTR notes so far have been any indication, highly doubt warriors will get a huge, if any, tuning/balancing come 6.2.
    they've been doing numbers tuning up and down the whole time

Whats happening to this game...

Why do they nerf MS by 10% and buffing Mastery by 5%? Because Arms is SOOOO stong at the moment? Lol...just execute more :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Why do they nerf MS by 10% and buffing Mastery by 5%? Because Arms is SOOOO stong at the moment? Lol...just execute more :-(
    Well, I haven't read the wording but if they've nerfed it from 220% weapon damage to 210% (ass numbers) but buffed our mastery then it's not really a nerf - or if it is, then it's a really small one.

overall it will be a small buff. Ups, you are rigth sorry, I was sure the nerf to MS was from 230 to 210, my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The MS Nerfs kicks in below ~70% mastery, ~832 rating.
    Must likely they did this nerf bc of the 2p bonus rend ticks give a 60% chance to refresh the CD of MS and rend ticks do dmg 50% more often. That means you're going to be spamming MS if you have the rage and thus its blizz balancing around a 2/4 pc bonus and it shouldnt be that way.