Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Your reaction to his post which previously I wouldn't have even bothered remembering suddenly makes him seem a lot more logical and credible. Good job. Especially since you went off on some unrelated rant with the first letter you posted.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it's not about men versus women, but people have come to care a lot less about anyone but themselves and with people becoming less and less sensitive especially since more and more stuff is "fine" to be done in public and many rather avoid getting involved in things that are "none of their business" he's not completely wrong.

There's a lot of situations in which we don't know for certain what is going on and thus often decide to rather stay out of it. Imagine trying to interfere in something that was actually consensual and suddenly having both sides turn on you. Most people simply aren't willing to risk such things especially since we're conditioned to "mind our own business" and "look away".
    See? This is a much more reasonible attitude. "Dont get involved", is so much better than saying "Its a woman, someone who'd blame me for rape in a second, so id rather do nothing"

For the record, I am pissy today for a multitude of reasons. Mainly a fight I am having with a multi billion dollar corporation over $500.

From someone who lives close by, this happens during spring break and it's often times consensual. I haven't seen the video and I'm not sure if it's actually public anywhere but bystanders who didn't see it clearly might have just assumed the chick was consenting. Clearly having sex with an unconscious woman is rape and I'm not condoning behavior like this (or even just having sex in public during spring break) but it's silly to assume that hundreds of people just let it happen. You can find people publicly having sex all over the place during spring break, on the beach, in the clubs, on the streets, everywhere. There was a similar video where a girl was naked and dancing in a circle of guys. They tracked her down because they feared for her safety to find out she wanted to do that and was completely coherent the entire time. Those guys, though, deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    From someone who lives close by, this happens during spring break and it's often times consensual. I haven't seen the video and I'm not sure if it's actually public anywhere but bystanders who didn't see it clearly might have just assumed the chick was consenting. Clearly having sex with an unconscious woman is rape and I'm not condoning behavior like this (or even just having sex in public during spring break) but it's silly to assume that hundreds of people just let it happen
    It's not silly, it actually happened and people let it happen. The girl was visibly trying to resist and they stopped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's not silly, it actually happened and people let it happen. The girl was visibly trying to resist and they stopped her.
    Care to link the video that undeniably shows she was resisting and that they were raping her and that it was completely obvious to the hundreds of people watching? I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, but if you've been to Panama City during spring break scenes that could look like that that are entirely consensual are all over the place. I'm saying it's entirely possible that many of the people in proximity just thought they were having public sex and weren't paying attention as that kind of stuff happens a lot during spring break. Everything I've read indicates that her attackers found her incapacitated/unconscious in a chair and mentions absolutely nothing about her resisting, yelling for help, etc. I saw the video of the police chief frothing at the mouth raging about the hundreds of people around the incident and how he was sickened by their inaction. I've actually seen no proof whatsoever that hundreds of people saw a rape happening, realized it was actually rape, and chose to do nothing. Obviously there were the 3 guys that raped her that were aware of her condition and I don't doubt that some people saw it. I just don't buy the hype that hundreds of people knew what was actually going down and they just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Care to link the video that undeniably shows she was resisting and that they were raping her and that it was completely obvious to the hundreds of people watching?
    Do you really want to watch a rape video? Do you really expect that to be made public?

The video shows suspects pushing the victim's hand aside and holding her legs down, Corley said. "You can see in the video there are people two feet away. They were assaulting her, and we believe the people around her knew she was being assaulted."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/us/flo...a-city-arrest/

Though with how big the crowd was, that likely wasn't obvious to most of the witnesses. However, some witnesses have made sworn statements that claim an assault did happen.

These black men are innocent until proven guilty! To state other wise is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Like 90% of the people down there were white, and these 2 people are "animals" or "savages".
    Why do we constantly feel the need to degrade black people to sub-human? Never hear adjectives like this when it's white criminals.
    /just saying
    /from a white guy
    If the guys were white they would also be subhuman pieces of trash.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Do you really want to watch a rape video? Do you really expect that to be made public?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/us/flo...a-city-arrest/

Though with how big the crowd was, that likely wasn't obvious to most of the witnesses. However, some witnesses have made sworn statements that claim an assault did happen.
    My request was for proof that the hundreds of people around were unquestionably aware that the woman was being raped, not to watch a rape video. I absolutely expect that if someone is going to make the claim that hundreds of people were in proximity, completely aware of the heinous crime that was happening and they did nothing that the person making such a claim is going to back it up with something other than repeating the words of a raging police chief who has been struggling to get funding or laws changed to disallow alcohol on the beach for a long time. While I understand his position and his angst, he's fighting a political war with the city council and he uses every opportunity to try to publicly humiliate them into action. My position was not that the crime went unseen, just that the melodramatic repetition that hundreds of people knew what was happening and didn't bother to even call the police or intervene was not remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Okay. No one said it was. You want to tell me the sky is blue next? I was correcting you on the article. Now stand there corrected
    You contributed nothing to the discussion by "correcting" something that didn't need correction. The part you quoted doesn't even mention her being shitfaced.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    These black men are innocent until proven guilty! To state other wise is wrong.
    That's only in the court of law, public opinion is another thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You contributed nothing to the discussion by "correcting" something that didn't need correction. The part you quoted doesn't even mention her being shitfaced.

Bravo.
    Oh...You are serious right now? You know you can go back and re-read the thread right? As in, I can post what you actually said.

Let's not talk about another example, because the example we need is right in this story. It's rather stupid to blame her drunkenness for her rape. The reason why she was raped is because two people found it acceptable to rape her.
    Look familiar?

She was not drunk. She thinks she was drugged.

If you don't understand how your statement was wrong then you need more help than anyone else in this thread. You are arguing about getting drunk and taken advantage of. Fine by itself. But you said you don't need to talk about another example because this story has the example of that. You were wrong., this is an example of being drugged. Not over drinking. The two are not even close. Someone can drug a glass a water and rape you. Sure, both cases involved rape, but someone getting blackout drunk and someone being drugged are far from being comparable.

Now stand there corrected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I feel like we're way way off-topic now. :O
    After all, it´s the off-topic forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    See? This is a much more reasonible attitude. "Dont get involved", is so much better than saying "Its a woman, someone who'd blame me for rape in a second, so id rather do nothing"
    People treat others how they themselves are treated.

Few people care about men's problems. Think it can't happen to women? All that preferential treatment is going to vanish now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    People treat others how they themselves are treated.
    Could you please not generalize. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Oh...You are serious right now? You know you can go back and re-read the thread right? As in, I can post what you actually said.

Look familiar?

She was not drunk. She thinks she was drugged.

If you don't understand how your statement was wrong then you need more help than anyone else in this thread. You are arguing about getting drunk and taken advantage of. Fine by itself. But you said you don't need to talk about another example because this story has the example of that. You were wrong., this is an example of being drugged. Not over drinking. The two are not even close. Someone can drug a glass a water and rape you. Sure, both cases involved rape, but someone getting blackout drunk and someone being drugged are far from being comparable.

Now stand there corrected.
    She didn't say she wasn't drunk. She's out partying. The only thing she states is that she took a drink from a CamelBak and doesn't remember anything after that. So once again she didn't say she wasn't drunk. That's an assumption you're making because you feel like "correcting" someone is something you have the credibility to do, when in order to do so it requires a bit more thought than you seem capable of at this time.

Now as far as another example, if you werent so focused on "correcting" people you would have recognized the fact that I'm the one who pointed out she thinks she was drugged. Me stating to ellie that another example isn't warranted was because ellie was declaring her drunkenness was a factor and attempting to equate it to not locking your door.

The problem with "correcting" people is you actually have to have a working knowledge of the discussion. You don't.

Now go get your fuckin shinebox.