Thread: Resto 6.2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alex2395 View Post
    You guys need to get your head out of the gutter and realize that lifebloom is one of our most efficient spells.It heals for more than a rejuvenation and costs less so it is in no way a waste of a gcd.The blooming effect however doesn't seem to be affected by mastery which is quite a bummer although I wonder how this 2pc is going to work with the glyph of blooming.Anyway Lifebloom is a super strong spell so the 4set is definitely strong.
    As to the fox discussion I think resto druids will be affected way less than other healers since we are by far the most mobile.If you're using a fox just to get a tranq out then you're definitely doing it wrong, fox was primarily a dps cd.

PS:I dont think tranq ever did 30% of my healing (not even for flamebender) so you're doing something wrong there
    Hey, can we see your armory and clogs where your most efficient heal does less than 50% overheal?
    At blackhand tranq+fox doesn't do anything and is stupid. OK.
    Hey, also, I bet all top resto druids run with bloomglyph BECAUSE IT IS BEST EVAH

goaway,k?

Quote Originally Posted by flooressence View Post
    Bloom heal is quite significant. A lot of people will just think this is for tanks. You could throw the extra bloom on a raid member and it seems like it'd likely be a very powerful hot (it'd bloom multiple times over its duration) and very cheap in mana. Also if one bloom drops off you still have the other, so I think overall there will be a higher lb uptime and more omens.

Also this brings a whole new element to haste vs mastery. Mastery will buff the bloom heal, but haste will increase the ticks and therefore more blooms. If I'm not mistaken.

Yes it is, but, ON A TANK. You don't sit there and say: Oh yea, in 10 seconds this dps will get 50k dmg, must put bloom now so it will proc. btw, instead you'll get it proc faster and it will go to overheal, because RNG.
    and I can just have my 97% kinda static uptime on that spell. Instead of what mostly be wasted mana and 50% overheal, tho with 2 blooms around it will be more overheal.
    Last edited by DiNett; 2015-04-14 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNett View Post
    Hey, can we see your armory and clogs where your most efficient heal does less than 50% overheal?
    At blackhand tranq+fox doesn't do anything and is stupid. OK.
    Hey, also, I bet all top resto druids run with bloomglyph BECAUSE IT IS BEST EVAH

goaway,k?
    woah no need to get so upset.
    First of all noone said that the glyph is any good I just said it might be good with the 2 set.
    Second of all lifebloom amounts to a considerable amount of our total healing (overhealing set aside) and now that amount will be doubled so I don't see a negative side to that.
    And last of all I'm sure you can manage without fox on blackhand.Besides you can just blink ahead and start tranqing till the group catches up or something like that .You need to stop being so dramatic it doesn't affect us that much

Quote Originally Posted by DiNett View Post

Yes it is, but, ON A TANK. You don't sit there and say: Oh yea, in 10 seconds this dps will get 50k dmg, must put bloom now so it will proc. btw, instead you'll get it proc faster and it will go to overheal, because RNG.
    and I can just have my 97% kinda static uptime on that spell. Instead of what mostly be wasted mana and 50% overheal, tho with 2 blooms around it will be more overheal.
    You won't need to put it on 10 seconds in advance. With the 2 piece it will be stronger than a rejuv. You can essentially put 1 on the tank and 1 on anybody else, especially if they have a certain role and will be taking a lot of damage.

Also obviously its not the most powerful heal currently when sitting on a tank, its more that it's efficient and gives omen procs. The 2 set will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    and for example tq on hans without fox is unusable and you really don't need it for dps.
    Really? You are wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Also, I'm really worried about us healers being forced to switch to dps rings to improve the proc for all the caster dps in the raid. Seems...lame. With the removal of aspect of the fox and amplify, we would really benefit nicely from using our cds, if lucky, with the raidwide healer ring proc.
    If I understood right you don't gain any buff from having multiple dps rings. Extra ring lowers uptime per person but gives higher damage. Net value being negative since you (as a healer) don't benefit from the proc. For very skilled groups they could want this and pop cds when ring proc is up but you can't expect that from average team.

5 rings = 20% uptime with 50% increased damage
    4 rings = 25% uptime with 40% increased damage
    The added damage stays the same.

Its possible I didnt notice something but IMO you dont gain anything useful for wearing DPS ring as a healer.

2 piece - It's going to depend on whether by "bloom" they mean the spell is going to actually fully bloom and have to be recast, or they just mean that it has that random chance to do the same healing as a bloom would do on that target but not actually consume the remaining ticks of the HoT. I can't imagine they would be dumb enough to make it consume the HoT, but I also didn't think they'd be dumb enough to let our current 4 piece bonus stay live as long as it has. If it's just the extra healing proc, a Lifebloom bloom is about 4x as strong as a regular Lifebloom tick, so a 30% chance of every LB tick to proc that would increase the healing of LB by about 120% - more if it's allowed to interact with Glyph of Blooming. If LB is ~5% of your healing now, the 2 piece is a ~6.3% throughput buff, which is very strong for a 2 piece.

4 piece - For one thing, I am pretty sure that it will not proc extra OOC procs from having a second LB proc. That is something they already removed during one of the beta builds (back before they made Incarnation buff Rejuv instead of allowing you to spam LB on unlimited targets). Even if it does, I don't think it would make MoC mandatory, because I think you would end up with ~50% MoC uptime and have way more mana than you could ever use. As for the set bonus itself, having 2 Lifeblooms up is very powerful, but also adds another annoying maintenance task/costs more GCDs. It is an awful lot of extra tank healing in a 2 tank situation. When you factor in the 2 piece buff to Lifebloom as well, you are looking at a 10% - 12% throughput buff from this 4 piece - at the expense of probably one extra GCD every 15 seconds. It's a very strong set bonus.

As far as Aspect of the Fox/Amp Magic - it hits Resto Druids harder than any other spec and we should insist on being compensated for this. We have been able to cast Tranq while moving since 4.0 (Symbiosis before Fox was added), and it was never "overpowered". It still has a disadvantage compared to Revival/HTT in that even if you can cast it while moving, you still need to channel it. I don't think it would be unreasonable to just make both Divine Hymn and Tranq castable while moving as part of the baseline spell. If they insist on not doing this, then we need to insist that Tranq actually do significantly more healing than HTT and Revival in all situations. It is already supposed to be doing this, but it really hasn't been the case - especially with HTT scaling with haste and Tranq not scaling with haste. Tranq/DH should destroy all other raid cooldowns in throughput when they are usable if they need to maintain the 8 second channel with no way of making them usable on several mechanics (think the entirety of Hans and Frans, P1 of Mythic Blackhand, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    2 piece - It's going to depend on whether by "bloom" they mean the spell is going to actually fully bloom and have to be recast, or they just mean that it has that random chance to do the same healing as a bloom would do on that target but not actually consume the remaining ticks of the HoT. I can't imagine they would be dumb enough to make it consume the HoT
    I think it would be completely absurd if it would have to be recast. With some very bad luck, you cast lifebloom, it instantly blooms, you have to recast, you have to cast a second one, it blooms and you have to recast. Would be a total nightmare

And last of all I'm sure you can manage without fox on blackhand.Besides you can just blink ahead and start tranqing till the group catches up or something like that .You need to stop being so dramatic it doesn't affect us that much
    You obviously haven't done Mythic Blackhand, because doing this WILL cause repeated raid wipes. If you blink ahead of the group's path and the Massive Demolition targets you, you will drop it right into the path people are running into, causing deaths. You also risk placing debris piles in bad spots (that will also cause deaths) if you do this. If you try standing still for 6-8 seconds to get a Tranq off, you will (probably) get raped by demolition.

You absolutely need either a Fox or a BoP to consistently get a Tranq off during P1 Mythic Blackhand without risking dying or wiping the raid. Luckily BoP is an option on this fight, because it is physical damage, but is not an option on most fights because most raid damage is magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorani View Post
    If I understood right you don't gain any buff from having multiple dps rings. Extra ring lowers uptime per person but gives higher damage. Net value being negative since you (as a healer) don't benefit from the proc. For very skilled groups they could want this and pop cds when ring proc is up but you can't expect that from average team.

5 rings = 20% uptime with 50% increased damage
    4 rings = 25% uptime with 40% increased damage
    The added damage stays the same.

Its possible I didnt notice something but IMO you dont gain anything useful for wearing DPS ring as a healer.
    So am i correct in assuming the proc has no internal cooldown?
    Also it's possible that it will bounce from player 1 to player 2 then back to player 1 right?

You obviously haven't done Mythic Blackhand, because doing this WILL cause repeated raid wipes. If you blink ahead of the group's path and the Massive Demolition targets you, you will drop it right into the path people are running into, causing deaths. You also risk placing debris piles in bad spots (that will also cause deaths) if you do this. If you try standing still for 6-8 seconds to get a Tranq off, you will (probably) get raped by demolition.

You absolutely need either a Fox or a BoP to consistently get a Tranq off during P1 Mythic Blackhand without risking dying or wiping the raid. Luckily BoP is an option on this fight, because it is physical damage, but is not an option on most fights because most raid damage is magic.
    You're right I haven't but I'm sure you can manage without it I mean I've managed 8 fights without using a fox for my tranqs and if really blackhand is such a gamebreaker I dont know....I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get a tranq out come on
    Last edited by mmoc22f57cc574; 2015-04-14 at 10:50 AM.

We also get the following proc on our Archimonde Trinket (procchance scales with level, so it's actually 5% at 695):
    Your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Genesis ticks have a 2% chance to also heal other allies within 8 yds
    Big question is, what "heal other allies" actually mean? Usually it's "heals x targets" or "all targets" or "split evenly among all targets".

10+ Year Old Account
    Also it's possible that it will bounce from player 1 to player 2 then back to player 1 right?

You're right I haven't but I'm sure you can manage without it I mean I've managed 8 fights without using a fox for my tranqs and if really blackhand is such a gamebreaker I dont know....I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get a tranq out come on
    Sorry for a minor off topic
    How do you manage your tranq on hanz and franz Mythic? When our hunters were dead, I really struggled with it. Granted, we outgear it by now so it isn't needed but if you would give a few tips, for me as a casual gamer, it would be useful in the future for fights where the heaviest damage comes during the highest movement phases^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obergurgl View Post
    Really? You are wrong.
    great first post. if you don't care enough to answer properly then just don't at all

Deleted
    Sorry for a minor off topic
    How do you manage your tranq on hanz and franz Mythic? When our hunters were dead, I really struggled with it. Granted, we outgear it by now so it isn't needed but if you would give a few tips, for me as a casual gamer, it would be useful in the future for fights where the heaviest damage comes during the highest movement phases^^
    With bl at start I tranq during the smart stompers (3rd plate to be specific)
    I make sure to be one of the first to move, you should have 5 seconds before you have to move again
    2nd tranq can be tricky without fox though so I'll agree there

10+ Year Old Account
    With bl at start I tranq during the smart stompers (3rd plate to be specific)
    I make sure to be one of the first to move, you should have 5 seconds before you have to move again
    2nd tranq can be tricky without fox though so I'll agree there
    Thanks for the reply, I guess we might have to lose a tick then in the new raid :/ A bit sad. Or maybe on some fights we can ask for a bop, like on demolitions on Blackhand. We have many paladins so I get a bop during one and can cast freely.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2015-04-14 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply, I guess we might have to lose a tick then in the new raid :/ A bit sad. Or maybe on some fights we can ask for a bop, like on demolitons on Blackhand. We have many paladins so I get a bop during one and can cast freely.
    I'm sure people can play around this.Sure it will be an inconvinience but you just have to analyze the fight and find a good spot for your tranq
    Honestly I would be very happy if they made tranq castable while moving but I just don't see it happening

No, you really can't manage it without a Fox or BoP unless you consider about a 30% chance of wiping the raid or causing multiple deaths (by placing a massive demo or debris pile poorly) or a 50/50 chance of dying yourself trying to stand still and getting it off acceptable. You also have to use it on Demolition in P1; there is nothing worth using it on in P2. HoTW needs to be back up for P3, and you need to use every raid CD you have to get through P1 on that fight.

You really shouldn't comment on fights you haven't even pulled with absolute statements that are flat out wrong.

If they don't want to allow Tranq to be cast while moving, it needs to be buffed significantly. It should blow away Revival and HTT when it can be used if it's going to have that restriction attached to it, not just be comparable to it. Otherwise, Druids will not be viable vs other throughput healers on fights where the big damage abilities require that the raid be moving when they are going off.

Deleted
    No, you really can't manage it without a Fox or BoP unless you consider about a 30% chance of wiping the raid or causing multiple deaths (by placing a massive demo or debris pile poorly) or a 50/50 chance of dying yourself trying to stand still and getting it off acceptable. You also have to use it on Demolition in P1; there is nothing worth using it on in P2. HoTW needs to be back up for P3, and you need to use every raid CD you have to get through P1 on that fight.

You really shouldn't comment on fights you haven't even pulled with absolute statements that are flat out wrong.

If they don't want to allow Tranq to be cast while moving, it needs to be buffed significantly. It should blow away Revival and HTT when it can be used if it's going to have that restriction attached to it, not just be comparable to it. Otherwise, Druids will not be viable vs other throughput healers on fights where the big damage abilities require that the raid be moving when they are going off.

I dont think they'll do such a thing just for blackhand
    You just need to deal with it

Deleted
    So I guess that means to nerf htt and revival or how are you gonna make tq even more powerful? The only way is to make it castable while moving.

I dont think they'll do such a thing just for blackhand
    You just need to deal with it
    It isn't just Blackhand; it's several other fights where the usage of the cooldown becomes unreasonably restricted (even if you can "find" a way to use it) with that limitation. Unless it heals for significantly more than HTT and Revival to compensate for this restriction, it's not reasonable. Throughput healer raid spots are already limited enough by the overtuning of absorb healers; do you really want to deal with Resto Druids being considered non-viable on multiple fights because of limitations on our raid cooldown?

You also really need to actually pull the fight and have experience on it before you start telling people to "just deal with it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    So I guess that means to nerf htt and revival or how are you gonna make tq even more powerful? The only way is to make it castable while moving.
    Yes, adding casting while moving to Tranq and DH is by far the most reasonable solution. Even with that added, they still have the disadvantage (compared to HTT and Revival) of needing an 8 second base channel. We have had the ability to move while Tranquing since 4.0, and it's hardly been "OMFG OP"; while I understand the class balance need to remove Fox (hunters are way too stacked/optimal in BRF), there is no reason to hit Resto Druids in the cross fire without compensation.

Already made a 6.2 PTR forums post about it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16953116081

Deleted
    Direct quote from item: Equip: The Arcane powers of the ring empowers one Spirit Band wearer in your group, transferring to a new wearer every 12 sec. When empowered, you gain 10% increased healing, absorbs, and damage, per Spirit Band in your group.

I understand it the same way you do. Once 1st persons proc wears out 2nd one gets it and then 1st etc. Proc having 100% uptime in raid.
    If you have only 1 ring (for example tank) does he have 100% uptime? I don't know...