Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say a random raid/party member. It's from a "time anomaly" after all.
    That would be weird. I was thinking more along the lines of the mt. hyjal daily area for the flamewake or w/e it was. Where that one area each day it was a different random person helping you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lifdrain View Post
    What do u mean PH?? Ty^^
    Stands for placeholder...aka they're going to put something there eventually but they haven't yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Sets aren't final nor complete (or not even here, for instance Moonkins), so quite likely Fire set aren't finished and we'll know what they meant in some time

Also, turns out the tier set models I didn't like are PvP sets, so that's fine by me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still wanting a Arcane Mage, despite some of the changes.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Frost
    Mastery: Icicles is now 13% more effective.
    Brain Freeze now has a 15% increased chance to trigger on each multistrike (down from 25%).
    The lowest dps spec in the game (even below gladiator) on nearly every fight (always bottom 3 on every fight) for BRF level gear on up...and there is actual a nerf?

I'm getting to be really curious. On what game does play Frost Mage?

I'm not interested in seeing Frost Mages topping the charts, but could Blizz at least consider letting them get out of the basement on at least some of the fights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Current balance means very little going into a new tier, people like to complain a lot but Blizzard 'generally' does a pretty good job balancing things so I wouldn't worry about it too much until we're a lot closer to release (see the warlock forums).
    Looking at the parses for the 3 mage specs with the current tier with Fire doing well on some fights and Arcane doing well on some fights, and Frost doing garbage on all fights, I think you owe the Frost Mages an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Current balance means very little going into a new tier, people like to complain a lot but Blizzard 'generally' does a pretty good job balancing things so I wouldn't worry about it too much until we're a lot closer to release (see the warlock forums).
    So you want us to put BRF for Frost aside as an anomaly and believe that generally Blizzard will get it right for T18 by issuing an opening salvo that includes a nerf to spec that has no place in current raid tier. Heck Frost should own Hans and Frans, yet Fire destroys it on that fight.

Never have understood this KUMBAYA sentiment about Blizzard, plain and simple, they fucked up on Frost. They won't address core mechanics mid expansion, so only course they have is to adjust numbers of what exists. Agree they can do that and well, hell one only needs look at Fire to see it in action. So what the hell is their hardon about not doing the same for Frost?

Blizzard probably saw all the frost mage tears and were like "yeah we expect mages to be a bunch of winey babies. Let's continue the trend, see if they can fill an ocean before the next expansion"

Blizzard can't see the tears of the Frost Mages because they freeze, so they assume they need to punish them harder.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzard can't see the tears of the Frost Mages because they freeze, so they assume they need to punish them harder.
    ^ Correct answer.

thank god amps gone. 1 less thing I have to do in raids, and its not like boss damage wont be tuned around raid cooldowns being removed from raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing the length and CD of Amp double. 4min CD for 12sec of 10% increased healing. Otherwise it is just too short to be noticeable, and my guilds haven't even bothered applying it most of the time. More of a "sure why not" button than anything important.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing the length and CD of Amp double. 4min CD for 12sec of 10% increased healing. Otherwise it is just too short to be noticeable, and my guilds haven't even bothered applying it most of the time. More of a "sure why not" button than anything important.
    Wat. You pair it with tranq or HTT and it's a noticeable increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Wat. You pair it with tranq or HTT and it's a noticeable increase.
    It is, but it just personally feels too unused for my liking. And not a fan of 6 sec duration.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I am very curious as to why Frost's Brain Freeze/Multi stacking was nerfed. It's not like frost is in a good place

Maybe it's due to 60% chance every frostbolt (at 100% MS) is too ridiculous? Now it's 40%.

I understand the logic, as getting a brain freeze proc almost every frostbolt is a little extreme; however, you just totally undervalued frost's biggest secondary stat, you need to balance it out somehow. That small increase to mastery won't do it (or at least I dont think it will)

That being said, if they can make mastery the good stat for all 3 specs that would be kinda awesome.

They will have to do further adjustments to frost to keep it competitive though. Hopefully these changes are just the tip of the iceberg
    Last edited by Sw1tch; 2015-04-15 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    I am very curious as to why Frost's Brain Freeze/Multi stacking was nerfed. It's not like frost is in a good place

Maybe it's due to 60% chance every frostbolt (at 100% MS) is too ridiculous? Now it's 40%.

I understand the logic, as getting a brain freeze proc almost every frostbolt is a little extreme; however, you just totally undervalued frost's biggest secondary stat, you need to balance it out somehow. That small increase to mastery won't do it (or at least I dont think it will)

That being said, if they can make mastery the good stat for all 3 specs that would be kinda awesome.

They will have to do further adjustments to frost to keep it competitive though. Hopefully these changes are just the tip of the iceberg
    I do not understand Blizz philosophy. When fire and arcane were shit at the start of the expac, it was hotfixed within a few weeks.(admittedly, not just those two) and everyone thought it was normal to buff them.
    Frost is shit for almost a tier now without any fixes and everyone is like: "well respec, you have two good specs.
    What a shift in mentality.
    We should demand all three specs to be good, and not settle for just one or two.

Deleted
    No second inferno blast by default for fire..

I wonder if blizzard will get within the next 2 months of tweaking classes, that they either give us a glyph of inferno blast (for 2 inferno blasts) or nerf t17 2p fire heavily, otherwise players will play 2 t17 no matter what ilvl the new gear has.

The most likely scenario is, that 1 month into the next patch, blizzard realizes that fire mages wont change their T-Set, and will nerf T17. Would be a fluke, if blizzard learned something over the last 10 years and deal with things beforehand.

About Frost: How the fuck is frost shittier when its DPS Ranked #7? Its shittier compared to the other mage specs, however, it beats several DPS Classes (and not just one, but ALL of their specs). I dont feel frost is fun to play anyway, its very overloaded with spells compared to the other specs, and yet its playstyle is alot of spamming procs.

My personal opinion is, that fire is in the best place right now. Easy to play, very demanding to play on Top Level but also very rewarding and a lot of different mechanics, (Procs, Dots, Spreading). Arcane is stupidly boring, and frust is a bit overloaded and clunky.

Btw: The removal of AMP and FOX is most likely to buff melee's utility. Or in blizzards logic "Lets remove Range Utility to make Melees more important". Not just does the removal of fox nerf Hunters, but range classes in general. Honestly a change was needed, but not in this way. To remove the only raid utility is a really cheap fix to the melee/range disbalance.
    Last edited by mmoca167577e43; 2015-04-15 at 11:15 AM.

Blizzards going to have a couple of extra elements to balance around this patch, with those Archimonde spec-specific trinkets and whatever they plan to do with the legendary ring. Who knows, maybe even a pass at talents [/wave Unstable Magic]
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-15 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Blizzards going to have a couple of extra elements to balance around this patch, with those Archimonde spec-specific trinkets and whatever they plan to do with the legendary ring. Who knows, maybe even a pass at talents [/wave Unstable Magic]
    They can't balance specs according to trinkets from a boss that only like 10-15% of the playerbase has access to. Look at how few people have killed Blackhand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    More like because all the warlocks are crying.