Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    No more almost naked wrathguard! /sad

Otherwise they look cool I suppose, nothing too exciting.

Where's my new succubus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Where's my new succubus?
    There will be no succubus.

Where's my new succubus?
    i wish, but there's apparently not going to be one in this patch v.v

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    THE FEL DOG ISN'T THE SAME SPECIES, IT'S NOT A FEL HUNTER

just trying to get that out there. it's a fel stalker, a new species of demonic hound that hunts in packs.

Oh come on, don't be ridiculous. Anyone can see that they share the same basic conceptual leaning. They don't look like Felhunters coincidentally. They're probably some subspecies. They're certainly not that far removed just because they don't have those four tentacles and the spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh come on, don't be ridiculous. Anyone can see that they share the same basic conceptual leaning. They don't look like Felhunters coincidentally. They're probably some subspecies. They're certainly not that far removed just because they don't have those four tentacles and the spikes.
    muffinus said they're different species. idk if they're related in any way, fel corruption seems to manifest in pretty much the same way across all creatures, so it's possible they're 100% completely different species and just look similar due to fel corruption.

Where's my new succubus?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    muffinus said they're different species. idk if they're related in any way, fel corruption seems to manifest in pretty much the same way across all creatures, so it's possible they're 100% completely different species and just look similar due to fel corruption.
    Yeah, I know what Muffinus said. It's different from a felhunter, yes. But at worst, it can be a subspecies. Oh well.

I'm pretty happy to have multiple kinds of evil demonic dog. The idea of an HD version of the existing model makes me happy, hopefully they could put in a glyph to use this one too but I wouldn't count on it.
    (To be honest I'd be happy if they replaced the Observer with the Felstalker, never made sense to me that the Felhound turned into a ball of eyes, but it's too late for that now).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They look about as similar to the fel-skeleton demon dogs we've had running around for a while as they do to felhunters. Can't see a problem with having more demon variants, maybe one day they'll actually just let us pick what pet model we want like hunters - people who want the old fel hunter design can have it, people who want the new hound thing can have it, people who like the observer could use that etc.

Seems kind of dumb that they would rather create a new "subspecies" of the felhunter as opposed to simply updating the felhunter. The felhunter is a signature demon of the Burning Legion and a Warlock pet. Seems like that should have been one of their priorities to update.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Seems kind of dumb that they would rather create a new "subspecies" of the felhunter as opposed to simply updating the felhunter. The felhunter is a signature demon of the Burning Legion and a Warlock pet. Seems like that should have been one of their priorities to update.
    This model is based on an existing skeleton and model, and thus easier to create than a new felhunter. The actual felhunter is complex and has a few more moving parts than this one.
    People would be upset (and already were in this topic) if the felhunter was upgraded but several of its characteristic features were changed completely, and there's room for more than one kind of magical dog in the Burning Legion.

As long as they do eventually make an updated Felhunter and Succubus I can't really see how there's anything wrong here. More models is always a win/win.

This model is based on an existing skeleton and model, and thus easier to create than a new felhunter.
    Well, all the "new demons" appear to be made from existing skeletons/models. They look like they're just texture updates as opposed to being brand new models. So that doesn't explain why they would opt to create a new subspecies as opposed to updating one of the more signature demons in the game that has been around since Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Well, all the "new demons" appear to be made from existing skeletons/models. They look like they're just texture updates as opposed to being brand new models. So that doesn't explain why they would opt to create a new subspecies as opposed to updating one of the more signature demons in the game that has been around since Warcraft 3.
    Because while the felguard and voidwalker are relatively good with the animations, the felhounds animations are really bad and stiff. They'd probably prefer to re-do it from scratch if they ever do the short one with the tentacles.

Deleted
    Should edit the voidwalker and voidlord with the effects the add at 4:34 has in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Should edit the voidwalker and voidlord with the effects the add at 4:34 has in the video.
    [video=youtube;YL25UYSyYrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL25UYSyYrM
    they updated the voidlord to that exact model, actually. not the void walker though.

i think next expac, one of the max level talents should allow us to summon a fel-infused void creature like xhul'horac. have it attack the enemy for like 10 seconds and then explode with chaos damage. since we're not the ultimate warlock, have it not last too long.

I think if we are ever going to get the Xhul'horac model it could be if we get a final upgrade our demons. I think a void revenant is more reasonable than a void god :P

I do love the improved Voidwalker textures used in the shadowmoon area, makes them look so much better even though the model is exactly the same.
    Never been a fan of the Voidlord's voice or personality though.

10+ Year Old Account
    they keep saying voidlord... but I have yet to see an updated model for it o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    they keep saying voidlord... but I have yet to see an updated model for it o.o
    Well, it's there on the ptr. Someone posted a vid of one of the HFC fights - it looks like one of the adds in one of the fights. Just a few posts up from yours here actually
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.