Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archimonde Trinkets - Spec Specific

Archimonde is dropping items which all have unique effects for each specialization in the game. Here's ours:

Affliction: Reduces the duration and period of Agony, Unstable Affliction, and Corruption by 20%.

Demonology: Hand of Gul'dan has a 40% chance to also summon 3 Wild Imps.

Destruction: Incinerate increases the critical strike chance of your spells against that target by 4% for 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurray for rotating Incinerates around bosses during council fights I guess... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea of having special trinkets that do crazy stuff. This is far more what I would expect a trinket to do then the stat sticks we've also been seeing.

I'm wondering about the Affliction one though "Reduces the duration and period", so they mean the period between ticks, okay understandable, but then duration as well? meaning I'll have to cast my dots more often? That seems rather counter productive and uncool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Love the idea of having special trinkets that do crazy stuff. This is far more what I would expect a trinket to do then the stat sticks we've also been seeing.

I'm wondering about the Affliction one though "Reduces the duration and period", so they mean the period between ticks, okay understandable, but then duration as well? meaning I'll have to cast my dots more often? That seems rather counter productive and uncool.
    sure it sounds counter productive but doesn't it mean more damage in a smaller time frame?

No Tusk Club.

One one hand yes Xsharma I agree with you however this will speed Affliction up a little (aka give me something to do than spam Drain Soul yet again) and yes increase dps. More DoT renewals=less mana used on Drain Soul=less life tapping. Perhaps it could also be slightly more mobile as well I think as more instant casts (2 dot renewals) than channeling? Though if my other point is correct then also very slightly less mobile thorugh the loss of lifetapping. I am curious.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-14 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    sure it sounds counter productive but doesn't it mean more damage in a smaller time frame?
    Yeah that must be it ... for example if the dot does (example numbers for easy math) 1k damage total with 10 ticks over 10 seconds, now it's 1k damage total with 10 ticks over 8 seconds.

Between that and the set bonuses, shard management shouldn't be all that bad for Afflic in t18
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the affliction one. The DoTs are short enough as is and now on multitarget it's going to be an even bigger pain to keep them up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    I don't like the affliction one. The DoTs are short enough as is and now on multitarget it's going to be an even bigger pain to keep them up.
    It's also antisynergic with the datamined T18 bonus which rewards high Drain soul uptime.
    The destro one seems insane, 40% crit with 100% uptime am i reading it wrong? Or I guess the numbers probably aren't final.
    Last edited by mmoca4fdc6f268; 2015-04-14 at 11:58 AM.

I think people are forgetting that faster Corruption ticks will mean more Nightfall procs. Coupled with the set bonus we'll have a significant amount more shards to work with. There'll be room to sb: soul swap dots onto targets rather than hard casting all three. At least somewhat more often, anyway.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

This is probably why classes got nerf sticks coming, nerfing specs based on dps potentials of someone who manages to get a trinket and 3/4 pc tier doesn't sit well with me. My luck has been fairly crappy in the past when it came to getting that 1 item that will make you shine, like a sha-touched weapon and Lei-shens trinket for demo. In fact I only got them after the tier was over. Bad rng is bad rng afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Demonology: Hand of Gul'dan has a 40% chance to also summon 3 Wild Imps.
    This sounds very underwhelming on its own. Fury generation hasn't been an issue all tier, and wild imps don't do dmg anymore.

Sounds like this trinket will require the synergy of the T18 2p and 4p, but fits well once you have the gear...

And the game takes another step towards Diablo style gear sets. Bleh.

This looks cool I think, and gives more meaning to the class tuning we've seen so far. Not saying a flat 25% nerf is defensible, but when taking into account the T18 set bonuses, it starts to resemble a clear aim.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Im seeing a bit of a difference here to what Wowhead shows.

Epidemic: Reduces the duration and period of Agony, Unstable Affliction, and Corruption by 7%.
    Swarm of Gul'dan: Hand of Gul'dan has a 13% chance to also summon 3 Wild Imps.
    Flamelicked: Incinerate increases the critical strike chance of your spells against that target by 1% for 10 sec, stacking up to 5 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    those trinkets sound like they will be either op or stright up garbage, with no middle grounds... also cant imagine playing demo without 3 hands of gd now, those t18 set bonses are pathetic ;[

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This is probably why classes got nerf sticks coming, nerfing specs based on dps potentials of someone who manages to get a trinket and 3/4 pc tier doesn't sit well with me. My luck has been fairly crappy in the past when it came to getting that 1 item that will make you shine, like a sha-touched weapon and Lei-shens trinket for demo. In fact I only got them after the tier was over. Bad rng is bad rng afterall.
    Bad RNG?? LOL i still dont have my 4pc!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    those trinkets sound like they will be either op or stright up garbage, with no middle grounds... also cant imagine playing demo without 3 hands of gd now, those t18 set bonses are pathetic ;[
    The destro trinket proc sounds down right godly to me. 40% more cb damage on a target with 10 stacks.... or am I overlooking something?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    And the game takes another step towards Diablo style gear sets. Bleh.
    gear in any version of diablo is infinitely more fun than gear in wow, so i'd say it would finally be the step in the right direction

I'll have to disagree with that. I dislike being unable to work with certain talents unless I have the gear that enables it to be viable.

Diablo is nothing more then a gear grind. WoW is so much more.

If I liked that progression style I'd play Diablo. I don't think it suits WoW, nor do I trust the devs to be able to balance such O.P. spec defining trinkets and set bonus.

In Mop they gutted Demo because of one O.P. trinket.
    Rather then learning from that, toning down gear and focusing on players ability to play within a defined play style/talent system, we see Demo gutted again to accommodate O.P. trinkets and set bonus.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2015-04-14 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    The destro trinket proc sounds down right godly to me. 40% more cb damage on a target with 10 stacks.... or am I overlooking something?
    1) 5%, not 40%. http://www.wowhead.com/news=247153/6...class-trinkets
    2) It won't effect chaos bolt damage. Chaos bolt scales with your character's critical strike rating. The trinket will apply a debuff to the target, leaving your rating unchanged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    1) 5%, not 40%. http://www.wowhead.com/news=247153/6...class-trinkets
    2) It won't effect chaos bolt damage. Chaos bolt scales with your character's critical strike rating. The trinket will apply a debuff to the target, leaving your rating unchanged.
    While I am fairly certain that it wont be 40%, 5% is way too low.. especially as you mention with that as a debuff on the target hence not augmenting CB.
    Its like having a trinket with static: 550 crit rating, but not affecting CB.

I know it's actually pretty pointless to discuss this since numbers will change.. but just want to point it out.

Deleted
    t17 4pc with the demo trinket? tons and tons of imp spam. i hope it's 40% chance per target hit by HoG, then the 25% nerf seems more reasonable