Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Your shadow priest is not even attacking the boss. He's LITERALLY spending the entire fight bursting down spears. You guys are losing like 10 million boss damage from him alone.

Shadow should be pretty much at the top of the 'useful' damage for this fight and especially in the last phase when boss dps is so important he should be shining. He should be maintaining swp ONLY on the spears for most of the fight, and pumping all of his mind blasts and devouring plagues and literally every other spell into the boss. Obviously you have to kill the spears when the encounter calls for it. But there is absolutely no reason for him to be killing spears in the early phases. And there's no reason for him to NOT be maintaining 50-60k+ single target damage on the boss in the last phase. Instead, when you guys hero, he spends like 30 seconds doing half-assed boss damage, and then goes back to doing ??
    Surge of darkness is also probably the worst talent choice here. You don't really have enough free globals to waste on mind spikes. Insanity and mindbender are both fine.

EDIT: On some pulls you have 2 shadows. They're both doing the same thing. I am confuse.

Both your shadow priests are padding spears like there's no tomorrow, and looking at your most recent logs Seraph continues to do nothing but pad spears and he/she is overall not playing very well. It's one thing putting SwP on the spears for orb generation, which you're supposed to do, however keeping VT running on most spears is a waste, not to mention dumping 50% of the Devouring Plagues on the spears - those should all go on Darmac or any mount that is up, possibly a spear if someone is pinned, but half of the DP's should never be on the spears, that's just poor play. The damage you need to kill this boss is going into the spears, and while the overall damage done by the priest looks good, it's everywhere except where you need it to be. Heck, I dare go as far as saying this is one of the reasons you're wiping, at least from a damage pov.

Uptime on SwP, VT and DP on Darmac and the mounts must improve. These are priority targets and should always have dots running on them, and should always be main targets for DP. Surge of Darkness is a bad talent for this fight as well, but assuming it was an okay choice, 55 out of 68 Mind Spike casts went to the spears, which is very poor play.

Tell him/her to go Insanity (or Mindbender if the pack beasts die quickly), keep SwP and VT on Darmac/mounts, SwP the spears, focus DP dumps on priority targets (Darmac, mounts, pinned people), SwD anything that's <20%, Cascade and Mind Sear: Insanity the pack beasts.

Last of all, on some tries there are over 25 orbs wasted, most coming from Auspicious Spirits. I recommend getting a weakaura to track incoming orbs from Spirits.

Edit: Same thing applies to both priests, they're both making the same mistakes. Fix this and you should have a kill.
    Last edited by Nacly; 2015-04-17 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Sure, if others are low, use them on others to get something out of Beacon. On Beastlord, outside of Rend and Tear, that's rarely going to be the case. The point is, the HS should be going on targets other than yourself most of the time given Paladin defensives, the only time otherwise is if you have Rend and Tear and even then if you have more than 1 stack you can just bubble it off.

If no one else is low, hitting the tanks with HS might get you a little less Beacon padding, but it will also put an IH shield on the tanks which you will be missing otherwise.

Considering the tanks are dying and not the other raid members, I'd say blindly thinking only "HPS loss" is in fact the "terrible advice" here. Rano's mentality is why the DPS are going all out on Pack Beasts also
    I guess you just completely ignored the part where I said "If everyone is topped off and tanks are the only one's taking damage, sure heal the tanks." Bubbling off Rend and Tear is terrible. It's EASILY healed through. Stop giving terrible advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Threetrees View Post
    Except that in this case, the longer Faultline is alive, the more damage he is going to do, and Darmac as well once he dismounts (because gains the damage increase ability from Faultline). He can absolutely crush your raid with a stacked up Tantrum, especially when you factor in Rend and Tear, Fire all over the place, adds hitting your tanks, etc.
    3 tank and 5 healers is not bad like you think it is... we only had 4 people die at the end on our first kill. Here's the video of when we first killed it with that strat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmeWnNEw0
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2015-04-17 at 07:29 PM.
    Life is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    3 tank and 5 healers is not bad like you think it is... we only had 4 people die at the end on our first kill. Here's the video of when we first killed it with that strat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmeWnNEw0
    Well we kill him with 19ppl should they also go 19 ppl to get the kill ???.You do not need 3 tanks at this time since ppl should be well geared if not overgeared for this encounter
    The boss is simple and what you put in your efforts to kill him depends how ppl survive to burn phase.Ppl should not be afraid to use their flat CDs in trample when boss is bellow 10-15% because that is the most big reason who can cause wipes on like 1-2%
    And like other ppl here say this fight is Boss>Mount and only cleave mutidot the rest
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-04-17 at 07:48 PM.

If you are using more than 2 tanks or 4-5 healers someone is getting carried.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am totally getting carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    Bubbling off Rend and Tear is terrible. It's EASILY healed through. Stop giving terrible advice.
    What else do you want to keep bubble for though ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    I guess you just completely ignored the part where I said "If everyone is topped off and tanks are the only one's taking damage, sure heal the tanks." Bubbling off Rend and Tear is terrible. It's EASILY healed through. Stop giving terrible advice.
    You are correct, preventing about 500k dmg per GCD IS pretty terrible.

/sarcasm off

Take your own advice bro.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    What else do you want to keep bubble for though ?
    Clearly for the times when you absolutely just HAVE to stand in an Inferno Breath for long enough to get 3-4 stacks. Tsk, it's like you don't even play the game, Piwielle

I talked to one of our Shadow Priests and I think we've got our DPS issues figured out for tonight since that seemed to be the only big DPS problem remaining. Anything else tank or healer related? Our tank kiting during the Faultline phase hasn't been ideal I know that...

Deleted
    3 players killing spears
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es=1&target=93

Rest padding pack beasts
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es=1&target=94

And the top DPS on spears is a windwalker monk? I mean really? All the ranged except the spriests are nowhere to be found

Deleted
    Quick question : should the spears on the final phase be focused down after the 4th mount died ? Or burst dps the boss and the adds and ignore those spears ? Assuming we enter the last phase with all spears cleaned.

Thx

Deleted
    Your WW monk and priests do low dmg on boss itself and much on spears/pack beasts. Think if you really need so much aoe on Pack beasts. Much like Blast furnace (hc), consider using some single target/2 target talents instead of aoe. Also it is completely normal that melee dps take absolutely no damage from rend and tear in the whole fight, just tell them to not stand near the tank when wolf/beastlord jumps. Standing close to boss when he mounts Rylak/after it dies makes it easier to dodge the breath/shrapnel. Very good thing is that in last phase, have ranged/healers standing on 90 degree area on the other side of the boss. All melee stand on the opposite side so Beastlord is between melee and ranged. If you get lucky he shrapnells the melee and ranged take 0 dmg and they don't have to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Quick question : should the spears on the final phase be focused down after the 4th mount died ? Or burst dps the boss and the adds and ignore those spears ? Assuming we enter the last phase with all spears cleaned.

Thx
    You should try to enter the final phase without any spears up (i.e. Start to focus down the spears once the Dreadwing mount dies and throughout Faultline.) After that everyone should focus the boss - even if someone gets pinned in my opinion.

It's been said, but your shadow priests are astoundingly incompetent. They should be near the top for single target boss damage, and they're near the bottom. Even using the "raid leader incentivizes meter padding" excuse, they should STILL be that high on single target because their dots ticking on spears gives them orbs and they should be spending all of their orbs on the boss. Both of them are doing about 10k less DPS than they should be.

Also, their names are fucking stupid because they have those special characters in them.

We've already resolved the issues reg. the WW Monk and the pack AOE padding(see the post I made about Thursday's logs). The Shadow Priests will approach tonight differently(I talked to one of them and relayed everything that was said here). Just wondering if there is anything else(mainly healing or tanking wise).

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY we got him. Thank you everyone for your help. Killed him in just 8:51 since we swapped to 2 tank method and fixed our Shadow Priest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    We've already resolved the issues reg. the WW Monk and the pack AOE padding(see the post I made about Thursday's logs). The Shadow Priests will approach tonight differently(I talked to one of them and relayed everything that was said here). Just wondering if there is anything else(mainly healing or tanking wise).

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY we got him. Thank you everyone for your help. Killed him in just 8:51 since we swapped to 2 tank method and fixed our Shadow Priest problem.
    Damn, that's quick for a first kill. Grats.

Your biggest Problem ist your Raidleader, stating the DPS thing works on fight like Gruul or Butcher but wont work for Beastlord.

Damage on Bosses
    Last edited by Redanqt; 2015-04-20 at 10:37 AM.

Hey there.
    We too aren't able to kill this boss after around 45 tries and I can't figure out what the problem is.
    Link to logs from yesterday: warcraftlogs(dot)com/ reports/x2HX7TfV1zhAPbCm

Can anyone help me and tell me what we are doing wrong? Our best attempt was a 3-4% wipe last monday.