10+ Year Old Account

Echoes of Madness Video Trailer

With more than a passing nod to the original Waves of Madness trailer, here's the video for Rift Update 3.2 - Echoes of Madness

Deleted
    holy shit could this be more ripped off from JRR Tolkien ? zero % fucking imagination in these f2p mmo's lol

Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    holy shit could this be more ripped off from JRR Tolkien ? zero % fucking imagination in these f2p mmo's lol
    Dwarves are a pretty common fantasy trope. Even paid MMOs have dwarves.

Wait... they are rehashing hammerknell... again? Isn't this the 4th time? Yeesh.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wait... they are rehashing hammerknell... again? Isn't this the 4th time? Yeesh.
    Second? I think they used part of it for chronicles (so not really rehashing as just re-using), and I think they used a few bosses in SL.

Not 100% on that though, as I don't raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Second? I think they used part of it for chronicles (so not really rehashing as just re-using), and I think they used a few bosses in SL.

Not 100% on that though, as I don't raid.
    Dam you missed out, Hammerknell was a pretty darn good raid minus the major bugs & overtuned gating that made it look hard.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-04-20 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Dam you missed out, Hammerknell was a pretty darn good raid minus the major bugs & overtuned gating that made it look hard.
    I've been a terrible raider since I played WoW, haven't found a guild to do raids with for the most part and the few I have found don't have raid times I can make with any reliability : (

Trust me when I say I miss raiding, because I fucking do -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really miss raiding then WoW has made it so goddamn accessible I don't think it can be any more so, though the rest of the game is garbage if you ask me.

I started Rift at SL so I am looking forward to this update.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a terrible raider since I played WoW, haven't found a guild to do raids with for the most part and the few I have found don't have raid times I can make with any reliability : (

Trust me when I say I miss raiding, because I fucking do -_-
    Oh curse us growing up & not being able to raid like we use too .

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's the second fucking time they're rehashing Hammerknell. I still don't understand why people still play this game. Rehashed old dragons with slightly different abilities isn't brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuji View Post
    It's the second fucking time they're rehashing Hammerknell. I still don't understand why people still play this game. Rehashed old dragons with slightly different abilities isn't brand new.
    Because it's still a well designed game that they enjoy and a rehashed raid, while not the most exciting thing and definitely a bit disappointing compared to a brand new one, is but a small part of the whole game?

Because it's still a well designed game that they enjoy and a rehashed raid, while not the most exciting thing and definitely a bit disappointing compared to a brand new one, is but a small part of the whole game?
    That's true. If the numbers given from patch 1.3 by Daglar are any indication, about 2-3%, at best, of the population will beat this rehashed Hammerknell, if the same difficulty remains. That being said, it's still a little sad to rehash the ENTIRE zone for another tier.

That's true. If the numbers given from patch 1.3 by Daglar are any indication, about 2-3%, at best, of the population will beat this rehashed Hammerknell, if the same difficulty remains. That being said, it's still a little sad to rehash the ENTIRE zone for another tier.
    Entire zone? You mean the whole raid? That's pretty normal for re-released content usually. IIRC they've altered the fights so they're not just simple, "We upped the numbers!" (if they are, feel free to correct me, I've not done it).

Again, it's not the most ideal thing and it's kinda disappointing, but I'm sure if asked whether raiders would prefer a re-released, updated older raid or no raid content, they'd take the content. I know back when I used to raid I would have taken rehashed content over nothing any day of the week.

I know, someone should tell Blizzard that. The nerve of these MMO developers.

Get over it, this has been happening for ages. I mean hello? Onyxia? How many times has that stupid black dragon come back? And Naxxaramas? If Blizzard can get away with it, I think Rift doesn't have anything to worry about.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2015-04-27 at 08:18 PM.