Thread: MW 4pc

MW 4pc

Is it worth breaking the MW 4pc to replace heroic Helm of Somber Gaze with a mythic cache of Sorka's Nightshade Cowl? (sorry can't post links to Wowhead)

I do not have the heroic chest piece, but do have the WF heroic Vest of Vengeful Fury I'd hate to lose to get the 4pc back.

Thanks in advance...great community here!

Character:
    www askmrrobot com.wow /player/us/kargath/kobren

I would be inclined to say no, since tier chest is worst in slot for us. Also, Sorka's helm also has mastery vs tier helm having haste. I'm just roughly basing this based on our stat priority list from Geodew. And 4p is always a throughput increase, however minor it may seem.

It's about a 5% total healing increase assuming proper usage of TfT and the effect itself. You don't want to be sacrificing it for really anything unless it's like 665 tier chest for mythic gruul chest to break 4p
    Bachi/Trounced of Elevation
    10/10 Mythic Foundry

Deleted
    4 set 5%? Don't think so. We only use it because the stats on the tier pieces are ok. It's a pretty piss poor set bonus. I let all the protector users in our raid group get theirs first before taking mine. 5% for the 2 set perhaps a little more if you were gaming revival off it. But 4 set absolutely not.

5% would make it good. Its not good.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30896518

Answers this question, the math for the 4 set is quite far down so i'll just copy that specific part here also
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Value of BRF 4pc
    The math for 4pc is pretty easy since I already have the worth of 1 Chi on my PS/CB spreadsheet: At full value of 2 chi every 45 seconds, that's about +5.44% total healing. Pretty strong.

5.44% total healing is worth 5.44*110 = 598.4 "stat points", and if you're using the crit weight of 0.98 for below mana cap RJW, equivalent to 0.98*598.4 = 586.4 crit. This math is for maximum value, so for example if you're not using enough surging and only get 50% of the max value, then you multiply all these numbers by 0.50 (50%), which is still enough stats to potentially make up for dropping one item by 15 ilvls.

For example, if dropping from your heroic pants to normal tier pants costs you 100 “stat points” using the above stat weights, but it gets you your final tier piece for the 4pc, then you’d want to do that for almost every boss, because that’s an upgrade even if you only get a little bit of use out of the 4pc (>= 100/598.4 as a fraction of the 4pc usage would be an upgrade).
    I didn't quite follow exactly what items you did or didn't have, but to work out for certain if it's a upgrade for you, you can use the stat weights listed in the post above to work out what number of "stat points" you lose and compare to the value of 4 set.

Deleted
    I'll take it as me being wrong then, since I'm bad at math.

If you don't need the Chi and/or mana regen, then the increase in stats from non-tier pieces will result in greater heals.

The gist of the 4pc is that people often don't get full value from it, but it's still decently strong at, say, 50% value. Free Chi off the GCD is very valuable, since Uplift heals for roughly double our average HPS.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise