Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That's cos those morons were expecting for this:

People have a real problem curbing their expectations.

Nah, it is merely that after Maul, Sidious,Grievous,Dooku, people edidnt expect a kid.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-04-05 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Nah, it is merely that after Maul, Sidious,Grievous,Dooku, people edidnt expect a kid.
    Adam Driver is a 32-year old ex-marine. How you see him as a "kid", even in the role of Kylo Ren, is beyond me. Ray Park was 24-25 in The Phantom Menace. Guess he didn't look like a "kid" (even though he was, just a child), with all that face paint.

Which brings me back to people expecting there to be some kind of a monster under the helmet.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-04-05 at 07:44 PM.

Adam Driver is a 32-year old ex-marine. How you see him as a "kid", even in the role of Kylo Ren, is beyond me. Ray Park was 24-25 in The Phantom Menace. Guess he didn't look like a "kid" (even though he was, just a child), with all that face paint.

Which brings me back to people expecting there to be some kind of a monster under the helmet.

He has a baby face, dude.
    He still looks young.
    Ray Park was young but he looked like a demon with all that make up.
    Perhaps people did expect a more monster-like character.
    But lets be honest, most Sith before him had a more menacing or authoritative appearance.

Adam Driver is a 32-year old ex-marine. How you see him as a "kid", even in the role of Kylo Ren, is beyond me.
    Because, in the context of the movie is is very much a kid with his emotions still. Its the point, he has not yet harnessed his rage, so he comes off as a pouty twat, as intended.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Because, in the context of the movie is is very much a kid with his emotions still. Its the point, he has not yet harnessed his rage, so he comes off as a pouty twat, as intended.
    This^

I think he did a commendable job. I think he played the part of a petulant, adolescent-y, angsty immature "boy" well, I just have difficulty reconciling that against the fact that he's supposedly the leader of the Knights of Ren....him being a leader with his issues just seems like a stretch.

Kylo Ren reminds me of an emo Markiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This^

I think he did a commendable job. I think he played the part of a petulant, adolescent-y, angsty immature "boy" well, I just have difficulty reconciling that against the fact that he's supposedly the leader of the Knights of Ren....him being a leader with his issues just seems like a stretch.
    Well maybe the Knights of Ren are all similarly aged and he is/was the strongest and best of the bunch. Problem there is, we just dont know much of the KoR.

Deleted
    Well maybe the Knights of Ren are all similarly aged
    Well, as far as Kylo Ren's age goes, he's 30. The character. The actor is a couple years older now.

Well, as far as Kylo Ren's age goes, he's 30. The character. The actor is a couple years older now.
    That's just sad then... still think he did a good job playing the character, but a 30 year old man acting like a petulant angsty teen is just stupid.

Deleted
    a 30 year old man acting like a petulant angsty teen is just stupid.
    Right, uhhuh, yeah... Cos that never happens in real life.

Wait really? Ben Solo is 30? That kind of ruins it. His emotional immaturity makes sense for a 18-22 year old not a middle aged man.

Right, uhhuh, yeah... Cos that never happens in real life.
    Not saying it doesn't happen in real life, I'm saying a 30 year old man acting like a petulant child is stupid. We don't know too much about Kylo's back story, specifics on how he was raised, how is childhood was, was it good, bad, hard, easy, sheltered, etc... to indicate what type of adult he should be (well adjusted, psychotic, etc...).

I just have a hard time thinking about his childhood being messed up enough to turn him into a 30 year old child, based on what we DO know. If it turns out his life WAS messed up enough to turn him into this, I'll eat my words.

Deleted
    Wait really? Ben Solo is 30?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:..._confirmed.png

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren
    Kylo Ren was born approximately one year after the Battle of Endor,[1]
    Well, 29-30 but yeah. Thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Was kind of Meh... then he said "butthole eyes" and I was like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahaha

Wait really? Ben Solo is 30? That kind of ruins it. His emotional immaturity makes sense for a 18-22 year old not a middle aged man.
    Age doesn't matter. It seems like there have been years since he ran off to become a Sith. Since then, he's been living under Snoke's skirt. He has probably been controlled all the time, even without knowing it. Now, Jedi train their students to abandon emotions, and those who manage it would probably seem mature and wise far beyond their years. Sith do the complete opposite. If there's one thing you can expect Snoke not to do with Kylo, it's helping him resolve his issues. A Sith is supposed to find strength in their issues, one way or another. One Sith could have hate towards someone/something drive him all his life, never really dealing with his issues. Another could become a true Sith after growing mentally strong enough to be able to cut all his ties with the past - this was supposed to be the case with Kylo, except he failed, meaning he's still not a true Sith. Snoke even says that himself.

As for his past, he didn't need to have such a terrible life. It's pretty clear that he had a breakdown during his puberty, and he's stuck in that period even after, I don't know, 15 years. In our world, most people crash into real life (or maybe, real life crashes into them) at some point, forcing them to get over their shitty, immature attitude. That's not the case with Kylo Ren, who, in his own mind, owns the world. He knows that, apart of Snoke, noone can do anything to him. I can't imagine being mostly untouchable helping with going through puberty. I mean, look at Justin Bieber or any other mass-produced teen pop-star, they are just like Kylo Ren, except our world does have authorities, SW world does not. The Sith and the Jedi are the top of the jungle, and frankly, there are no Jedi around anymore as far as most people know.

So yeah, in our world a 30-year old acting like a spoiled, angsty kid is really out of place, but we're a part of a society that expects people to grow up pretty fast. Sith surely don't care about people growing up fast, they care about power, and one doesn't need to be mature to be powerful.

I'm making a lot of assumptions, but I really think they are safe to make. With that, Kylo's character makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2016-04-06 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    The disneyfication of the movie gave me cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    The disneyfication of the movie gave me cancer.
    What was a sign of Disneyfication ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    What was a sign of Disneyfication ?
    I'm curious about this as well.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    This^

My take on it is that his "leadership" of the Knights of Ren is likely equivalent to being class president - for all their delusions of grand evilness, their real leader is obviously Snoke, their instructor and teacher (who they take orders from). The position Kylo Ren / Ben Solo occupies is more teacher's pet / head of the pack than any sort of command, and even that probably has a basis more in his sheer power with the Force and/or being the first to take the plunge in rebelling against Luke than any real leadership ability.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)