Page 2 of 399 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltypoison View Post
    Umm. All I can say is, if this is true, they have a wealth of stories from the Extended Universe to draw from. If they throw those plot lines away and start from scratch, I'm done.
    You do realize that Episodes 1-9 were all written (plot-wise, not every specific line) at the same time, right? Lucas decided to start with Episodes 4-6 for some reason (I forget his actual logic and I'm too lazy to Google it atm).

10+ Year Old Account
    As I posted on my Facebook.

O_O Disney, if you screw this up I will punt you so hard. Even Mickey will be crying tears.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They've really just ruined that series. Lucas ruined it with 1-3, but at least we could forget about that. Now it's become completely commercialized. I have no doubt that the next trilogy will utterly suck. And especially with Disney buying it, one of my most hated corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing another Star Wars movie but I don't know, would be great if they didn't make it animated.
    Why would it have to be animated? Have you not seen the Marvel movies lately?

Ohh my god can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Why would it have to be animated? Have you not seen the Marvel movies lately?
    I don't know, I saw a lot of animations in there. Weren't the aliens animated? What about the spell effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    You do realize that Episodes 1-9 were all written (plot-wise, not every specific line) at the same time, right? Lucas decided to start with Episodes 4-6 for some reason (I forget his actual logic and I'm too lazy to Google it atm).
    That may have been the case, but many authors, who are far more competent than Lucas in my opinion, have put together a great continuation of 4-6. And they feel far more in the spirit of the original 3 than the prequels ever did. Why fix something that ain't broke?

Deleted
    7 would be the NJO, or at least the start of it correct? If so, could be quite a good story.

And The Avengers was good, so maybe it won't be totally awful

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    I was shocked when i read this... And then i remembered the last few years of marvel films especially Avengers..BRING ON EPISODE 7!!!
    Yeah seriously no shit here. This could be epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a Star Wars Episode VII..... For all those that want proof that God exists and loves us, this is it.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't... know if want...

Still going to see it (even if it is out of morbid curiosity).
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I'd LOVE to see them do the Vong war for Ep. 7-9. I get they'd have to condense it quite a bit, but they could do so much with the Anakin Solo/Tahiri stuff, not to mention setting up for future movies with Vergere/Jacen.

But like you, I'm skeptical
    I wouldn't, it would completely demolish a series that has already suffered enough with the prequels. Not only are you skipping over about 21 years of history, you know important things like who the fuck Anakin Solo is and why the movie viewer should care about him as a character other than the cop out fact that he's Han/Leia's son, the war itself was at least 10+ years. Conquest and Star By Star alone could easily be entire movies by themselves, maybe both of the edge of victory books together but you get the point.

No no no no no no no to jumping to the vong. Maybe if they feel like doing an Episode 15 or something but if they do end up doing an Episode 7 it has to be something like the Thrawn trilogy, or even the Truce at Bakura. Not only do we avoid the humongous story and plot holes jumping to the Vong would create but I'd argue Zhan's books and the Thrawn trilogy, as well as the character itself, are some of the best in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    7 would be the NJO, or at least the start of it correct? If so, could be quite a good story.

And The Avengers was good, so maybe it won't be totally awful
    You've got at least 20 years of story missing between RoJ and the NJO. I'd have to question the sanity of anyone that thinks that would be a good idea in Lucasarts of Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    There will be a Star Wars Episode VII..... For all those that want proof that God exists and loves us, this is it.
    Let's wait until we see the movie. Lucas could easily throw out any and all of the established EU lore or make a terd that makes the prequels look like platinum dildos meant for sex with our eyeballs.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-10-30 at 08:54 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

i would love to see ep 7 start up right after rotj with truce at bakura ....however the original cast sent exactly young anymore

the problem i have with starting later with the solo children or what not there is just so much that will be skimmed over that there won't be any previous connection with the EU

That may have been the case, but many authors, who are far more competent than Lucas in my opinion, have put together a great continuation of 4-6. And they feel far more in the spirit of the original 3 than the prequels ever did. Why fix something that ain't broke?
    See every giant corporation ever. They specialize in fixing what ain't broken and ignoring what is.

Deleted
    Sounds like....rest in peace star wars T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...Phantom_Menace

Incorrect. If you scroll down to the "Writing" section that prior to 1994 Episode I to III existed as nothing more than scribblings about the backstory of the original trilogy and that he was actually doing pre-production planning for the sequel trilogy (i.e. 7-9) back in the late 1980s.

In fact, the whole "Episode IV" Part of Star Wars was actually added to the film later. the original theatrical version did not say "Episode IV" anywhere on the movie.

You essentially made up your entire claim, which can be disproven with research. Please stop doing things like this, because there are too many people stupid enough to perpetuate such outright fabrications.

Some people love to hate Disney, but after the Avengers, I couldn't really care less whose watermark is on it...so long as the people working in the project are passionate about it. And so long as Lucas isn't allowed anywhere near the director's chair.

It is kinda exciting to know Star Wars will be on the big screen again in the near future, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this means the amount of fading transitions can return to normal level AND it brings us more starwars to the big screen I'm all for this. Go Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...Phantom_Menace

Incorrect. If you scroll down to the "Writing" section that prior to 1994 Episode I to III existed as nothing more than scribblings about the backstory of the original trilogy and that he was actually doing pre-production planning for the sequel trilogy (i.e. 7-9) back in the late 1980s.

In fact, the whole "Episode IV" Part of Star Wars was actually added to the film later. the original theatrical version did not say "Episode IV" anywhere on the movie.

You essentially made up your entire claim, which can be disproven with research. Please stop doing things like this, because there are too many people stupid enough to perpetuate such outright fabrications.
    Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not a valid source of research, whether or not the information contained is actually true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    It can go either way, but the last 10 years has seen Disney making really good films.

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Prince of Persia
    John Carter
    National Treasure

and since Disney bought Marvel
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Avengers