Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Drakkisath: Pure idiocy

And it's all because of his 1 twisting nether. It's down to blind rng on him bottom decking his removals

You haven't noticed most fights in heroic are nothing but pure RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You haven't noticed most fights in heroic are nothing but pure RNG?
    Outside of baron geddon BRF really hasn't been that bad.

Note: I'm a poor EU player who won't have access to the new wing for an hour.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2015-04-16 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    It was to be expected, you basically had the same shit on heroic KT.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Not sure how you are considering this boss P2W when it is doable by a deck that costs maybe 2500 dust at the very most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, not that much "Pay to Win" involved. There's a trick for Drakkisath where the A.I ignores Taunt minions if there's a Kel'Thuzad behind it.

So, Lord of the Arena (Basic Set, everyone has free access to it) with Kel'Thuzad is more than half way for a face roll Drakkisath. It is not necessary but helped me to easily kill him. Kel'Thuzad isn't a Basic Set card, but most (not all) people should own him by now.

Just a tip for those having issues. PvE content must be reliant on RNG in order to be challenging, there aren't many ways to make a RNG style game be difficult without using its own RNG system.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Am I the only one who does Bosses legitimately? I.E. Not abusing the bug that AI does not attack at all under a specific situations, or killing Majordomo with Bane of Doom to Skip Ragnaros.
    The whole point of beating far stronger AI is the abuse their weaknesses.

It just so happens blizzard are new to this aspect in card games - and apparently didn't learn anything from the starcraft teams AI adventures.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I abused him having mind games, put only domo in my deck, killed domo then did 8 damage to rag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rend was worse than Drakkisath imo. However, neither have been as bad as Geddon. Although the only way I beat Drakkisath was getting him to fatigue and having two Thaddiuses (Thaddiusi?) on board.

I just used gruul + sunwalkers to out-trade him.

10+ Year Old Account
    100+ tries and still no luck. i say luck because that is the only thing i need to beat this boss. pure idocy as another mentioned.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    100+ tries and still no luck. i say luck because that is the only thing i need to beat this boss. pure idocy as another mentioned.
    10 trys for me, sure it was rng but it's pretty easy to gimp it with Majordomo been the only minion in your deck along with a lot of damaging / freeze spells as a mage. Also he basically refuses to trade correctly so it's possible I found with some decks to just make boards that are unstoppable. Such as deathrattle shaman. There is RNG for sure, but as always it's about playing around that Rng and manipulating as much as possible to be in your favour.

I don't understand the guides I'm reading.
    I beat him earlier this morning finally, with a shaman deathrattle deck and obscene amount of luck.
    But a lot of the guides are totally off with the cards he has.
    Like, some guides list his only removal as a single Drakkisath's Command or whatever that oneshot +10 armor one is called.
    Or a single Twisting Nether.
    This despite him having at least 2 of each. Sure its easy to theoretically be able to beat him if you just pretend he doesn't have half the cards he actually does..

Lots of people also make easy dismissive statements like "yeah you need good strong minions that can trade at high value and removal", but regardless of how you play he is always able to take out one or all of your minions while also playing one of his own.
    Either you do one of the puny tricks mentioned in the thread to cheese a kill, or you keep praying for RNG to let his hand run dry without pulling any sprints at which point you can start doing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally i beat him and as i mentioned earlier it was pure luck. i had a lord of the arena and kt at mulligan AND he didn't draw any hard removals such as kidnapper, twisting nether or drakkisath's something ( favor ? ) while using sprint twice.

will never touch that garbage of a boss again.

edit : omokk and rend were so easy it almost hurt. one shotted omokk hc and two shotted rend. meh.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2015-04-19 at 07:38 PM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Outside of baron geddon BRF really hasn't been that bad.

Note: I'm a poor EU player who won't have access to the new wing for an hour.
    Baron Geddon on HC was really annoying. Oh god >.<

Killed him on third try, I think. Light Bomb, mind control, sunwalkers, frost elementals, SWD, BGH, force tank max. Easy.

Mind Control MvP in that fight. Mogor the Ogre did some work for me as well.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    How to cheese: Turn 1 Kel'Thuzad, turn 2 reincarnate KT, turn 3 ancestral spirit on one of the KTs. Mulligan for that opening hand, and you'll almost guaranteed win. If you draw your 2nd ancestral spirit you're basically golden. All you need after you have your army of liches up is a single taunt, sludge belcher is MVP since he won't OTK you with a full board + twisting nether if you have a KT with ancestral spirit up.

Example of what your board should be.
    Last edited by Sting; 2015-04-20 at 09:11 AM.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

You had trouble with him? All of my f2p friends and I just threw together 7+mana cards, sludge belcher and one shot him.

A lot of the deck lists for the boss recommend Alexstraza and Sylvanas and all that, but they're not that necessary. If you're having trouble, you can pick a priest for the easy mode light bomb/mind control cards for control, but the boss overall is faceroll if you can handle playing this game properly.

Really easy heroic boss in my experience, but even if he wasn't, it's a one-time thing to kill a heroic boss so having trouble is the point. It makes earning the card back more gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    You had trouble with him? All of my f2p friends and I just threw together 7+mana cards, sludge belcher and one shot him.

A lot of the deck lists for the boss recommend Alexstraza and Sylvanas and all that, but they're not that necessary. If you're having trouble, you can pick a priest for the easy mode light bomb/mind control cards for control, but the boss overall is faceroll if you can handle playing this game properly.

Really easy heroic boss in my experience, but even if he wasn't, it's a one-time thing to kill a heroic boss so having trouble is the point. It makes earning the card back more gratifying.
    what happened to trolls putting in some effort to their sanctimonious bullshit