Deleted

Holy - Outdated UI Hindering Me?

Hi all. I'm posting here in hope of self improvement. I've not changed my UI in regards to Addons since I first started playing as a Healer in a raid, and I believe this has it's disadvantages but I've been too stubborn to change what I feel works.

I'm currently using the Blizzard default UI, with Healbot as my healer addon, I have all my heals/utility spells bound to keys that I know off by hand, like CNTL + Left Click, right click etc etc. I pull decent numbers in raid and am generally top 1/2 in a 9/10 HC guild at the moment.

I have recently acquired the 4 set for Holy, however when I use it, I don't see a noticeable difference in heals from using 2 set + 2 items with more crit than tier, in fact I feel it hinders me as I try to get procs and use Divine Purpose over other talents, wrongly perhaps?

Anyway - I'm wondering if there is any decent UI improvements I could make, and perhaps an Aura addon which shows me simply what has procced the second it does. I've not used anything like this before, I normally just use the default icons and wait for them to sparkle . What would be the best to use, and the simplest to get started with?

Also, am I again hindering myself using Healbot? I realise it isn't the most popular choice from reading numerous threads, but since it's been what I've always used I am again reluctant to change. What's the superior alternative, and is it as simple?

I know there are a lot of questions here, I really hope you can spare some time to enlighten me!

Some logs from past weeks raid: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/48#v=0,d=0

My armory just in case: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oozio/advanced

-

Again, a huge thank you if you are able to offer some advice.

Hoozio.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozio View Post
    Hi all. I'm posting here in hope of self improvement. I've not changed my UI in regards to Addons since I first started playing as a Healer in a raid, and I believe this has it's disadvantages but I've been too stubborn to change what I feel works.

I have recently acquired the 4 set for Holy, however when I use it, I don't see a noticeable difference in heals from using 2 set + 2 items with more crit than tier, in fact I feel it hinders me as I try to get procs and use Divine Purpose over other talents, wrongly perhaps?

Anyway - I'm wondering if there is any decent UI improvements I could make, and perhaps an Aura addon which shows me simply what has procced the second it does. I've not used anything like this before, I normally just use the default icons and wait for them to sparkle . What would be the best to use, and the simplest to get started with?
    [/url]

-

Again, a huge thank you if you are able to offer some advice.

Hoozio.
    Would be easier to answer the UI questions if we could see your UI in a raid setting

As for the 4P/Aura question, if you have no way of tracking your procs I wouldn't expect anything to change, you need to make sure you have a way to track it.

You want to track in a prominent locationwith WeakAuras or TellMeWhen, the following:
    - Holy Shock CD
    - Lawful Words (2p proc/buff)
    - Light's Favor (4p proc/buff)
    - Divine Purpose

You could track Infusion of Light and Daybreak as well but I don't bother.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-04-17 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    You want to track in a prominent locationwith WeakAuras or TellMeWhen, the following:
    - Holy Shock CD
    - Lawful Words (2p proc/buff)
    - Light's Favor (4p proc/buff)
    - Divine Purpose

You could track Infusion of Light and Daybreak as well but I don't bother.
    An excellent way to track those things is with Naxe's WeakAura: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2pc-4pc-and-DP

Deleted
    Thanks all - I'm not on a computer that can access my raid UI, however I will use the Weakaura that ts8 linked, that looks like everything I need. The other procs I can manage without an aura.

Second thing, with 4 set as I've barely used it, do you cast Eternal Flame with 1 holy power when using Divine Purpose also, or do you still wait for 3?

Thirdly, what is the preferred healing add-on currently? Thanks again!

Thirdly, what is the preferred healing add-on currently? Thanks again!
    As far as the healing add-on it's all personal preference. As long as you can see relevant information (debuffs/buffs/forbearance on bopped targets/etc) and can quickly and accurately heal the person you intend, it's working well. That being said, the more popular three are generally VuhDo, Grid, and Healbot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but if you end up trying elvui, I believe it has a version of grid built in.

Deleted
    Second thing, with 4 set as I've barely used it, do you cast Eternal Flame with 1 holy power when using Divine Purpose also, or do you still wait for 3?
    You shouldnt use EF on lower than 3 HP in most situations. You can use it for example if theres a debuff running on your EF target for lower than 10 seconds or something. Wouldnt recommend doing this in most situations tho.

Just install ElvUI and Vuhdo then add a few WeakAura's its efficient and simple. Oh and ofc BigWigs.

Quote Originally Posted by cudderisback View Post
    You shouldnt use EF on lower than 3 HP in most situations. You can use it for example if theres a debuff running on your EF target for lower than 10 seconds or something. Wouldnt recommend doing this in most situations tho.
    Pretty sure they meant if they need 3hp to cast EF when consuming Divine Purpose/Lawful Words.

If that is what they meant, casting EF with DP/LW active and having less than 3HP is fine. Just make sure the EF cast finishes before you lose the buff. I track the buffs with 1.5 seconds remaining and don't start casts after it disappears unless I have 3HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beecup View Post
    Pretty sure they meant if they need 3hp to cast EF when consuming Divine Purpose/Lawful Words.

If that is what they meant, casting EF with DP/LW active and having less than 3HP is fine. Just make sure the EF cast finishes before you lose the buff. I track the buffs with 1.5 seconds remaining and don't start casts after it disappears unless I have 3HP.
    Dont think so, he asked: ''Second thing, with 4 set as I've barely used it, do you cast Eternal Flame with 1 holy power when using Divine Purpose also, or do you still wait for 3?''

He probably thought about using EF on 1 HP just to get a procc out of DP/4pc. What ever it is he was both answers now

greets