Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ashran finally fixed?

This are the latest PTR patch notes:

Ashran
    New Area: Ashran Excavation and New Event: Apexis Marks
    At certain times, spirits of fallen Arakkoa haunt the Ashran Excavation. Defeat them and bring proof of their demise to Rukmaz, the ghostly caretaker of the Apexis vault. First team to show Rulmaz 50 marks wins.
    Reward Changes
    Winning an event now awards Honor instead of Conquest.
    Defeating Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath no longer awards a Gleaming Ashmaul Strongbox.
    New Weekly Quest: Slay them All!
    Defeat 300 enemy players. Awards Conquest.
    New Weekly Quest: Ashran Dominance
    Win each event in Ashran and defeat the enemy faction leader. Awards Conquest and a Gleaming Ashmaul Strongbox.
    New Repeatable Quest: Continue the Dominance
    Win each event in Ashran and defeat the enemy faction leader. Awards Conquest.
    General Ashran Changes
    Players are now automatically placed in a raid when entering Ashran.

Do you guys think this will finally "fix" how Ashran been working the whole expansion?

For the zone no, it will still be boring and will be one side roflstomping the other

For the players who are only there for 200 conquest yes (plus no more RNG conquest pieces which is good)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

A fix to ashran that leaves ashran still ashran is not a fix to ashran.
    "Oops, goblin and gnome weapons of mass destruction blew ashran off the map, new pvp zone due 6.2!"
    ^ thats the fix.

no its to far broken for band aid fixes.

Looks like it'll just make things worse. They need to stop focusing on the piss poor events they have.

The fix always seemed obvious: make the events give your side a buff of some sort: make it so the events encourage pushing toward the opposing faction. And get rid of the raid bosses, save for the final ones at each base. Perhaps the events only giving a buff a certain number of times in a row if one side keeps winning them, and a buff to the side that losing that only activates in the event area: to allow one side the chance to free themselves from a farm.

etc...
    Last edited by Toppy; 2015-04-18 at 01:45 AM.

Yes. This is a step in the right direction.

No, this is just more useless bandaids.

Deleted
    Players are now automatically placed in a raid when entering Ashran.
    Damn, I really liked this throwback to 2008 or so where you had to spam 'invite into raid' at the start of every bg and in half of them were two different raidgroups competing and you never had a full group.

It's a good change, but I honestly fear most people won't care because they already finished gearing up.

Only makes it worse imo. Event groups ran for conquest. If the quests don't reward at least 1k conquest, I doubt anyone will run it. Who wants honor? You already get a full set of honor gear pretty much just by doing the events, unless they removed that as well.

This is just a waste. Making the 1 thing that people ran it for useless is just further breaking it. Im not sure how nemesis groups are even going to work if theres no enemys there running the events to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    Damn, I really liked this throwback to 2008 or so where you had to spam 'invite into raid' at the start of every bg and in half of them were two different raidgroups competing and you never had a full group.
    Get what you want, still complain about it.

They keep adding in more stuff to do, while simultaneously nerfing the existing rewards straight into the crapper...

When I go to Ashran, I go there to GET STUFF, I do not go there to experience the joy of running 2 minutes to fire off a single barrage before being annihilated by 40 AoEs and then running back for 2 minutes.

Ashran is nothing but one arduous never ending corpserun with very very little reward for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    A fix to ashran that leaves ashran still ashran is not a fix to ashran.
    "Oops, goblin and gnome weapons of mass destruction blew ashran off the map, new pvp zone due 6.2!"
    ^ thats the fix.
    really should happen imo

Why make events give honor though... You cap out at 4k so easily, pretty sure that if I did as much PvP now as I used to I'd be sitting at like half a million or more this season. >.<

Aside from that, killing players for CP will encourage more wintrading where people jump off the cliff into an alliance group (like they did for nemesis). And you now have to win all events and main road to get CP from Ashran otherwise. So if the opposing faction dominates there's still no reason to stay in Ashran since it won't offer you anything (unless you like getting farmed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    They keep adding in more stuff to do, while simultaneously nerfing the existing rewards straight into the crapper...

When I go to Ashran, I go there to GET STUFF, I do not go there to experience the joy of running 2 minutes to fire off a single barrage before being annihilated by 40 AoEs and then running back for 2 minutes.

Ashran is nothing but one arduous never ending corpserun with very very little reward for it.
    This basically. I think far from fixing ashran they just killed it.

They can continue to panic and change literally EVERYTHING about Ashran (and they do). It doesn't matter. It's too late.

Ashran has a stigma. First impressions matter, and everyone still associates the place with a 3hr queue, and when you finally get in, two things happen:

1. Tanks/Melee run in and die, rez, run in and die again. Rinse/repeat.
    2. the most simple/fundamental mmo gameplay is ignored (work as one to defeat the enemy), and instead you have two teams at odds: one fighting the zerg, the other doing events, and both HATE each other for their choice.

Ashran is over. it's catastrophic failure is historical, and all the little fixes in the world cannot rewrite this moment in WoW history. Years from now, WoD will be remembered for many things; and one of them will always be how Ashran amazed everyone by crashing and burning so spectacularly, with every single one of Blizzard's player behavioral "predictions" proven 100% WRONG.

• If we move the faction "capital city" to Ashran, this will happen. WRONG.
    • When players enter Ashran, this will happen. WRONG.
    • When both sides meet, this will happen. WRONG.
    • When an Event occurs, this will happen. WRONG.
    • When a boss is summoned, this will happen. WRONG.
    • By designing the Artifact system this way, this will happen. WRONG.
    • By designing the Conquest reward system this way, this will happen. WRONG.
    • By designing the Combatant/Aspirant gear system this way, this will happen. WRONG.
    • By designing these wands, books and other items for players to loot and use, this will happen. WRONG.
    • By designing the Ashran layout this way, this will happen. WRONG.

It's over. I think Blizzard knows this, but they let Holinka keep attending the weekly meeting to pitch his 47th tweak that will "fix things for sure this time!", because he absolutely believes "There's no such thing as bad design, only bad luck."

right? sometimes i just open up the map and watch the non-stop stream of dots from the horde GY to wherever the culling zone is.

It's mesmerizing, just dot after dot in a nice neat line all different colors, just constantly streaming from the GY to their deaths....

Conquest for PvE + one weekly PvP ? *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Looks like it'll just make things worse. They need to stop focusing on the piss poor events they have.

The fix always seemed obvious: make the events give your side a buff of some sort: make it so the events encourage pushing toward the opposing faction. And get rid of the raid bosses, save for the final ones at each base. Perhaps the events only giving a buff a certain number of times in a row if one side keeps winning them, and a buff to the side that losing that only activates in the event area: to allow one side the chance to free themselves from a farm.

etc...
    this is it basicly. They wanted ashran to be the "AV of old times" however the AV of old times didn't had events that award almost the same amount or even more rewards then the actual battle. the events there was all to help you push the line and finish the fight.
    Not : "ow i get more points from this event that is done in 20 seconds then the battle? fuck the battle i take the events"

No Tusk Club.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Season total honor earned: 78,130.
    I'm pretty sure I don't need honor.

Given I havne't seen a successful road group horde side in... months... months... events were the only thing of interest in there. Not like I'm able to even grind my 5k race kill titles, though I'm only missing Panda + Worgen.
    I don't see this really doing much to fix anything of interest in there for me sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?