Deleted

54k dps on Gruul MM

how is that even possible ? Any tips/tricks to increase ST dps ?

You just go BoS and soak the slices with AMS for more RP to further fuel BoS.

Partly due to the speed they kill the bosses at as well. The top mythic dps is from a Dk in huge in japan. The fight was 4:18 in length meaning it basically works out perfectly for Cd's assuming he did the Nitro soak tactic (which he did) to start off with breath as soon as the fight started. Apart from that they just played perfectly and never missed a soul reaper.

Deleted
    I play with RC due to the fact that I can't learn to play BT while progressing on mythic, is mastering BT a mandatory step to becoming a high end dk ?

You can soak so much BT really isnt needed. There is one thing that can screw up that is cooldowns on you to maybe avoid magic damage so AMS doesnt soak enough RP? Using BoS on a full RP bar then using AMS when at say 80% RP is a waste. The trick is to get BoS up and going and drop right down to low RP % when you soak to get the most out of it, Another issue is fight length with cooldowns and stuff (If its killed shortly after trinkets+BoS you should have higher DPS than a fight going on for 1min 30 after you dumped everything.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelSkip View Post
    I play with RC due to the fact that I can't learn to play BT while progressing on mythic, is mastering BT a mandatory step to becoming a high end dk ?
    you can be competitive with RC, BT is generally much better for controlled damage and much better for aoe (imo) though. there's quite a few top ranks using RC. mostly comes down to how hard your guild allows you to pad, kill times, how long adds are left alive for etc.

I recently picked up using BT about 3 weeks ago and found it fairly easy to learn using it on farm bosses and practising on a dummy, just don't macro it, you may aswell use RC if you have to resort to that.

Take Plague Leech, Blood Tap, and Breath of Sindragosa. Start the fight with 100 RP by resetting the boss, attacking the boss while he's being reset to generate the RP (you can pop ERW while he's being reset to generate RP faster because it will reset when the boss does). You can also use Pinchwistle's Nitro Fuel to generate 100 RP pre-pull, but I don't recommend you do because then AMS would be on cooldown during your first breath, which would be popped as soon as you pull, and you want to be able to soak the first Flame Slice. Always soak the slices with as little RP as possible, not going below 20 RP.

During your 2nd breath, you can either soak the flame slices, or you can soak using the nitro fuel, which would give you a steady flow of RP as opposed to a big burst. Soaking with nitro fuel would allow you to pop breath at a more opportune time, like when you have a trinket proc, instead of being forced to pop breath before a flame slice goes out.

It also seems possible to soak nitro fuel a couple seconds into the fight so that you get a slightly reduced CD on your AMS, allowing you to extend your breath long enough until you get soak the nitro fuel a 2nd time. To do this, one would have to use the Glyph of Icy Runes and use blood runes on BB and frost runes on Chains of Ice instead of using Festering Strike. This might be an immediate dps loss (although quick math looking at my log leads me to believe that adopting this playstyle during breath would be a dps increase even without considering the possibility of extending long enough to soak a 2nd time during the first breath), but extending long enough to soak a 2nd would prove to be a substantial dps increase. I'll have to try it next time I do Gruul.

Quote Originally Posted by NickelSkip View Post
    It's not necessary but it is better by a few percent. With good Rng RC actually be better, but for every time the RNG gods smile on you there'll probably be 3 tries where they want to make you cry. It's also nice for AoE but requires more a lot more thought, single target it's just about using it before it hits 12 so not much real thought put into it. AoE is where it is far stronger but also a lot harder to use imo