Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hispanic here. Born and raised in Los Angeles ready to chime in:

I was not offended at all about choosing to serve Mexican food at a Sci-Fi event. I'm quite proud of that considering we do have pretty tasty food.

I am more offended about the racist comments on MMO-Champion though. Of all the places I would expect there to be comments such as these, MMO-Champions would be the last place. I brushed off the first few comments but they just came coming. And some of these comments from people who frequent here and I THOUGHT were a little more tolerant of individuals.

Wait wasn't America founded by illegals?

You hear many people say that there weren't immigration laws then, or no law of the land for that matter...BUT, the truth is that ACTUAL treaties were signed & made with many Native American Peoples that existed as small separate nations throughout America, then subsequently were broken by Europeans (boundaries they created & broke), which they made over previously recognized Amerindian lands...e.g. the injustices made towards the Cherokee Nation, Navajo, Iroquois Federation, Seminoles, Nez Perce tribe, and the list goes on-and-on...

All of those treaties were broken (along with the boundaries) & counted as an incursion into those Amerindian lands, AND thereby illegal. Thus, much of the people reside on land that was agreed to be Native American, then when the U.S. Army road in, became property of America by illegal confiscation...That's why WE ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS here in America, except Amerindians!

So, the actual truth is that illegal immigrants are being used as a scapegoat for America's failure in leadership over the general population that is powerless to do anything about it...It's just a way to vent their frustration on the current system. Like Hitler did with the Jews for Germany's many failures.

It's just hypocrisy to think that the law doesn't apply to you, but to everyone else...it sews the wrong seed over time of lawlessness, which exists to a large scale in America...because nobody honors the laws by people that don't honor their own law, that's exactly why people don't understand that the only law that exists is one that is enforced by following it! Even illegals don't have laws, neither should they be protected by them, because they don't believe in laws in the first place (or they wouldn't be illegal)...

Beyond Mexicans, there will be other illegal immigrants coming from Asia & Africa in the future, that is for sure going to happen...The seeds were sewn long ago to break the law of boundaries that were never honored, nor ever will be! That's called reaping the harvest!

This place seriously disappointing me considering we have no color, religions or anything of that matter in game. We are united in a common interest but the veils come off and I now see your true colors. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Third, what with all the debate about "aliens" and "foreigners" and shit, having a space event that's focusing on aliens then putting out mexican food is.. hilarious. And somewhat inappropriate, but mostly hilarious.
    What's funny is that in this case, as in many about racism, people are guilty until proven innocent, and not the opposite. I mean, unless there's any proof that they chose to serve Mexican food because of aliens things, then ok, might be a reason to apologize ("might", I'd still have a hard time considering it "racist"). But as long as there's no proof of that, there's absolutely no reason for them to apologize or even do anything.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Nope, I know you're trying really hard to make the two situations seem exactly the same; however, they're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    First: undocumented students? Not as scary as the term might seem - it's kids that are in the US without parents, but are considered immigrants. Some of them are U.S. citizens as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undocum..._United_States

Have a basic read.

Second, it's California. That means it's Asians that tend to be undocumented, not the scurrrrrry mexicans.

Third, what with all the debate about "aliens" and "foreigners" and shit, having a space event that's focusing on aliens then putting out mexican food is.. hilarious. And somewhat inappropriate, but mostly hilarious.
    It's not even remotely offensive. You have to be LOOKING for a reason to be offended in order to be offended by that.

If you (not you in particular) happen to be the type offended by that, you're better off just eating a bullet and calling it a day. The world is going to be far too scary of a place for you to make it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Depends. You always have some very outspoken extremists in colleges, especially on the left side, that take offense at everything and most people just run with it because it would take effort to oppose it. But You are right, without further details, it is just a ridiculous story that needs context to make sense of it.
    There is no context possible for this unless they organizer jumped up on a table screaming "GET IT? ALIENS LIKE MEXICANS!" wearing a Klan hood.

This is insanity. The UC School system is collectively losing its damn mind.
    Last edited by Xisa; 2015-04-20 at 07:36 AM.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

15+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of dicks, aliens prefer to be called extra-terrestrials. This reeks of intraterrestrialism. Shame on you California!
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nope, I know you're trying really hard to make the two situations seem exactly the same; however, they're not.
    You took 1 line out of context and failed to read the message. You just fail. You should work for CNN or Fox News.

15+ Year Old Account
    You took 1 line out of context and failed to read the message. You just fail. You should work for CNN or Fox News.
    It's ironic you talk about context when you're comparing two completely different situations to begin with.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That place isn't a college, its an agenda indoctrination facility.
    Says this with a straight face, rigorously defends all of the religiously zealous who are the most guilty of indoctrination.

Degrees from the University of California system are worth less than dog shit.
    Employers would disagree with you.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    What's funny is that in this case, as in many about racism, people are guilty until proven innocent, and not the opposite. I mean, unless there's any proof that they chose to serve Mexican food because of aliens things, then ok, might be a reason to apologize ("might", I'd still have a hard time considering it "racist"). But as long as there's no proof of that, there's absolutely no reason for them to apologize or even do anything.
    Negligence or ignorance is never a good excuse in court, to counter your 'guilty until proven innocent' sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can i sue for people calling me lazy then. Because i like to be called "Energetically Challenged"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooohh I get it because "illegal aliens". Get it??

Fucking stupid people, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Can i sue for people calling me lazy then. Because i like to be called "Energetically Challenged"
    No because that's racist.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You say that as though people illegally crossing the border and trying to secretly integrate into a society that offers a better life is worse than a failed (by being aborted 90% of the way through) conquest/genocide that stripped an indigenous people of their language, homes, and way of life.

I'm not quite sure where this college is in Cali, but just from my experiences in south Cali, mexican food is around every corner. This was most likely a case of them just choosing a place based on what the students/attendees wanted, or just choosing a place at random rather than doing this purposely. Going as far as to call them racist and force them to undergo cultural sensibility training is just ridiculous.

Hispanic here. Born and raised in Los Angeles ready to chime in:

I was not offended at all about choosing to serve Mexican food at a Sci-Fi event. I'm quite proud of that considering we do have pretty tasty food.

I am more offended about the racist comments on MMO-Champion though. Of all the places I would expect there to be comments such as these, MMO-Champions would be the last place. I brushed off the first few comments but they just came coming. And some of these comments from people who frequent here and I THOUGHT were a little more tolerant of individuals.

You hear many people say that there weren't immigration laws then, or no law of the land for that matter...BUT, the truth is that ACTUAL treaties were signed & made with many Native American Peoples that existed as small separate nations throughout America, then subsequently were broken by Europeans (boundaries they created & broke), which they made over previously recognized Amerindian lands...e.g. the injustices made towards the Cherokee Nation, Navajo, Iroquois Federation, Seminoles, Nez Perce tribe, and the list goes on-and-on...

All of those treaties were broken (along with the boundaries) & counted as an incursion into those Amerindian lands, AND thereby illegal. Thus, much of the people reside on land that was agreed to be Native American, then when the U.S. Army road in, became property of America by illegal confiscation...That's why WE ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS here in America, except Amerindians!

So, the actual truth is that illegal immigrants are being used as a scapegoat for America's failure in leadership over the general population that is powerless to do anything about it...It's just a way to vent their frustration on the current system. Like Hitler did with the Jews for Germany's many failures.

It's just hypocrisy to think that the law doesn't apply to you, but to everyone else...it sews the wrong seed over time of lawlessness, which exists to a large scale in America...because nobody honors the laws by people that don't honor their own law, that's exactly why people don't understand that the only law that exists is one that is enforced by following it! Even illegals don't have laws, neither should they be protected by them, because they don't believe in laws in the first place (or they wouldn't be illegal)...

Beyond Mexicans, there will be other illegal immigrants coming from Asia & Africa in the future, that is for sure going to happen...The seeds were sewn long ago to break the law of boundaries that were never honored, nor ever will be! That's called reaping the harvest!

This place seriously disappointing me considering we have no color, religions or anything of that matter in game. We are united in a common interest but the veils come off and I now see your true colors. What a shame.
    "It's ok to break a country's laws now because they used to break laws too"

What a stupid argument. Can you guys at least pick a cutoff date in the past for when a nation's expansion is acceptable or not? Do Mexicans not recognize any OTHER foreign country's gained territories beyond xxxx year or just the America's because it effects them?

Every nation's past is messy, stop trying to use it against some countries and not others. You/they/Indians lost the territory a long time ago, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cry more. That is all I can pretty much say from the article.

Europeans were more like conquerors than immigrants. Not saying that it is better.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2015-04-20 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    What a bunch of dicks, aliens prefer to be called extra-terrestrials. This reeks of intraterrestrialism. Shame on you California!
    I think they actually prefer to be called Reapers. And they will take justice in their hands... err... claws, if you don't comply!

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

What food could be served at an event like this that would not be considered racist or perceived as an insult by some ultra sensitive fucktard? Everyone in America... even the Americans are some kind of alien or are related to someone that is.

Jesus tap dancing christ people, get a grip.