BRM, third wing complete!!

Alrighty, just completely finished the third wing.

First things first...heroic bosses are getting really tricky now.

Spoilers ahead

Highlord Omokk: used a Paladin deck with a lot of low cost minions. deathrattles that summon new minions and Muster ftw. I also included the pally cards that reduce enemy attack to 1, Humility and Aldor Peacekeeper. Don't forget Consecration and Equality combo. Since you are using mostly low cost minions, Divine Favor is a big help.

General Drakkisath: this one took me a while to figure out, it seemed impossible to get ahead in this fight. I used a Mage, but due to an AI bug, any class will do. What I did was take Kel'thuzad, 6-8 high mana taunts, and the rest of your deck can be high cost minions and maybe some removal (barely necessary). The bug is, when you have Kel'thuzad and a taunt minion on the field, none of his minions will attack you.

step 1: mulligan for Kel'thuzad and a taunt (otherwise concede and try again)
    step 2: hope he doesn't use his spells to kill Kel'Thuzad
    step 3: beat his face in

NOTE: Emperor Thaurrisan does not work for this fight, I tried, so don't bother!!

Rend Blackhand: This one took me the most tries. I used Mage again, stack AoE (Flamestrike, Blizzard) and freeze cards. Doomsayer and explosive sheep really help as well. Sludge Belcher's, Abominations, BgH and Sylvanas are recommended!! Took me about a dozen tries, so good luck!!!

Other then that, this wing didn't have anything exceptional...funnest fight was General Drakkisath on normal, 1 cost minions ftw...so many legendaries!!

Would love to hear some of your strats for the fights.

Have fun and good luck!!!

I don't have much strats, but also worth throwing in I guess, so far literally nothing mana adjusting works on General. Innervate just gives you 1 mana, but costs 1 to play, so it does nothing. Unstable Portal also does nothing. So yeah, best is just to have high cost minions at that point, because he drops a bunch anyway.

That being said, I loved the quotes in this one, especially saying hello to General.

1st and 3d are a joke to infinite fireballs mage. So far it looks like the go-to deck for almost every heroic BRM encounter except the most cheesy ones. Second one is easy with priest - I didn't know about the bug and still it took me like 5 tries to beat it - Force Tank turn 1 + MC turn 2 is the key to get tempo. Just have to dodge double Kidnapper after that,

First boss I used a hybrid Zoo/Handlock(similar to the deck I used to beat Ragnaros). I only play minions with good deathrattles early(i.e. Nerubian Egg or Voidcaller)until I can flood with lots of minions. Eventually I had multiple Molten Giants on the board, and having played Jaraxus I was also spawning 6/6s. Once you clean up his remaining big minions you just hammer his face in.

Haven't done 2nd or 3rd yet. 2nd I don't think is too bad with Priest due to MC, but of course there will be some RNG components to it I managed to get tempo early but then started running into Kidnappers. He'll also pretty much always kill the first minion you play with his insta kill spell he has. Minions like Force Tank Max and even Sylvannas can be used to swing it around.

Yea I got pretty salty on these heroics.

Omokk was pretty easy, I just used my standard Muster for Battle list, got some mustard all over his face on the first try.

Drak made me REALLY angry until I stumbled into the first turn KT. Got lucky he wasn't holding that stupid "Kill a Minion gain 10 Armor" card.

Rend was annoying for sure, ended up using a very spell heavy priest deck with Wild Pyromancers, finished him with Divine Spirit/Inner Fire on a Lightwell.

Deleted
    Omokk was super easy with my Midrange Paladin deck, got him on the first try. Drakkisath and Rend were very hard and took me a lot of tries but eventually killed them with Priest decks (Mind Control, Light Bomb are great against Drakki and the standart Divine/Holy Combo priest works against Rend).

For Omokk I played a Mill Druid
    For RNGsath I played Priest because of Mind Control, SWD, and Lightbomb. I also put Deathlords in my deck for his Mindgames.
    For Rend I just played Freeze Mage

Quote Originally Posted by eclypsus View Post
    Alrighty, just completely finished the third wing.

First things first...heroic bosses are getting really tricky now.

Spoilers ahead

Highlord Omokk: used a Paladin deck with a lot of low cost minions. deathrattles that summon new minions and Muster ftw. I also included the pally cards that reduce enemy attack to 1, Humility and Aldor Peacekeeper. Don't forget Consecration and Equality combo. Since you are using mostly low cost minions, Divine Favor is a big help.

General Drakkisath: this one took me a while to figure out, it seemed impossible to get ahead in this fight. I used a Mage, but due to an AI bug, any class will do. What I did was take Kel'thuzad, 6-8 high mana taunts, and the rest of your deck can be high cost minions and maybe some removal (barely necessary). The bug is, when you have Kel'thuzad and a taunt minion on the field, none of his minions will attack you.

step 1: mulligan for Kel'thuzad and a taunt (otherwise concede and try again)
    step 2: hope he doesn't use his spells to kill Kel'Thuzad
    step 3: beat his face in

NOTE: Emperor Thaurrisan does not work for this fight, I tried, so don't bother!!

Rend Blackhand: This one took me the most tries. I used Mage again, stack AoE (Flamestrike, Blizzard) and freeze cards. Doomsayer and explosive sheep really help as well. Sludge Belcher's, Abominations, BgH and Sylvanas are recommended!! Took me about a dozen tries, so good luck!!!

Other then that, this wing didn't have anything exceptional...funnest fight was General Drakkisath on normal, 1 cost minions ftw...so many legendaries!!

Have fun and good luck!!!
    For the first 2 bosses use priests. Boss #1 you mitigate his hero power by healing up the minions back to full after the trade. Just let him spam his archers in the first couple of turns as they aren't really a threat. Prophet velen and Resurrect are easy mode for this fight.

The second boss you make a priest deck with 2x mind control and the rest are 8-10 mana cost minions and maybe a death or 2. Deathwing is oddly useful in this fight since your deck is 90% giants/dragons/super legendaries and top decking is a non issue.

The third boss i went warrior with whirlwinds/death bites/grim patron style deck. Use a mix of control and damage/aggro cards. once you get the patrons rolling it's fairly easy as long as you hold him around half health until you can OTK since empowered revenge will wipe you board.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Does Omokk even use his hero power in Heroic? When I played him on Normal, he didn't use it once. I had built a zoo deck to rush him and replace fallen minions, but he never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Does Omokk even use his hero power in Heroic? When I played him on Normal, he didn't use it once. I had built a zoo deck to rush him and replace fallen minions, but he never used it.
    It's free on Heroic, so he casts it at the start of every turn. Mill decks work best against him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypsus View Post
    Normal modes were quick and painless as usual. I used a Zoo lock to bum rush 1-shot normal Omokk, a high-cost minion Mage to 1-shot normal Drakk, and my Ranked Priest deck to 1-shot normal Blackhand using Lightwarden/Cleric/Argent Protectors/Holy Nova to trade his minions and continually buff my Lightwarden from all the healing that was being done.

Heroic however is a completely different story.

I've only managed to defeat Heroic Drakkisath so far.

I had to repeatedly mulligan with a Mage deck consisting of Mirror Images/Sludge Belchers/Kel'Thuzad/Alexstrasza and a ton of high attack minions. First drop Mirror Images/Belcher, second drop KT (pray he doesnt kill it) and if he doesn't you're in the clear to go Alexstrasza to the face or some other high attack minions and beat him down. For some reason if you have taunts out there with KT, he doesn't attack and just ends his turn. Probably a bug.

Does anyone know of any basic or near basic decks that can defeat Omokk or Blackhand? I can't get close on either of these yet.

Omokk has an ability that makes you want to use either decks that don't depend on minions to stay alive, like freeze mage, or decks that have so many small minions that you don't really care if they die or not, like aggro paladin. I went with paladin and stuffed the deck full of stuff like muster and haunted creeper.

Maybe I got lucky but I beat Drakkisath on the first try with a priest deck - stuff as many 2 for 1s as you can in your deck, and make sure to be aggressive since Drak will try to trade with your guys. Mind control his big guys and use things like Foe Reaper, Force Tank Max, Sneed's, Ragnaros, Onyxia, etc.

I went with a warlock for rend for the cheapest aoe removals. Double BGH, explosive sheep, hellfire, shadowflame, siphon soul, and shadowbolts, then fill the remainder with quality creatures.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2015-04-17 at 10:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Managed to take out Heroic Blackhand.

I Power Word: Shield'd/Velen's Chosen'd/Divine Spirit'd/Inner Fire'd my first turn Northshire Cleric to an 18/18 and won by turn 8. Drawing a Holy Nova was crucial clearing the board of his taunts and I drew into an Auchenai Soul Priest the final turn to do the final 2 health so I could continue hitting his face with the Cleric. Even as I powered up my Cleric he still went face, which was the only reason it survived that long.

Much luck to those still trying!

Rend was stupidly easy. I just used my standard Freeze Mage and one shot him. No customizing my deck or anything.

Drakasith is easy too, just comes down to some RNG. I used Priest and Kel Thuzad + Mind Control allows for some good board swings, although I actually never drew Kel in my win. You kinda have to get lucky though in hoping he doesn't get Kidnappers at the wrong time.

The rng difficulty is getting worse, disappointing wing for me. Though Nefarian made me chuckle a few times.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh