Mythic Gruul DBTS tanking

Is fury Die by the Sword+taunt comparable in outcome to ret bubble/hop+taunt some of the slices?
    In other words - is it viable? Let's not get into whether it is necessary or optimal, just viable.

No. The fire damage will still hit you and gib you. I think since the physical is also not parryable you will just take that hit too.
    Last edited by Drattz; 2015-04-20 at 08:13 AM.

Tooltips say both Strike and Slice are hitting primary target for physical, but if they are indeed not parryable then its game over.
    Trying to figure out CD/taunt setup for Pala+Warr tanks after losing offspec (3rd) Monk tank we used on previous kills.

If anyone has a log of such setup I'd greatly appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Tooltips say both Strike and Slice are hitting primary target for physical, but if they are indeed not parryable then its game over.
    Trying to figure out CD/taunt setup for Pala+Warr tanks after losing offspec (3rd) Monk tank we used on previous kills.

If anyone has a log of such setup I'd greatly appreciate it.
    My guild have always done it with prot pala + warrior. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PFmaHhvrTzJZqB3X

It is indeed not parriable. CDs will depend on your raid setup and what externals you have available though, so likely won't match exactly with what we have.

Thanks a lot willowywicca.

Deleted
    Warriors barely need externals to take 3 because of shield block and their passive reduction, for the first one i used nothing, the second one shield wall and the 3rd one a pain sup, but i guess demo shout for the 2nd and wall for the 3rd would work just fine (you could drop low if your block doesn't crit but you'll likely not die if you're not undergeared)

I guess it's trickier for palas but something like that could work without externals:
    warrior: 3 first(shield block everytime), first: nothing, second: demo shout: third: shield wall
    pala: first slice: dp+sotr, second slice: guardian+sotr, third slice: dp+AD+sotr, 4th slice: bop
    warrior: 1: nothing, 2: demo shout

the pala will need externals for the 2nd time because his cds probably won't be back up, but the warrior could survive just fine with that (even if using an external for the 2nd would make it safer)

you have so many cds, theres no point in not using them ... you probably have 2 vigis as well, so just go ham.
    its always fun on thogar in the last 10-20%, half the raid has a cd from someone else, just to "play it safe" XD