Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why add the color of skin of the couple?

I have 7 siblings. My oldest sibling is 39 and the youngest is 18, I'm the second youngest at 22.

Big families are just the best. Both my parents worked (my mum retired last year) had two nannies growing up. Contraception is also a sin.

Not sure why this is a "thing" at all. Four kids, big deal, who cares what color they are.

Fact: LDS (Mormon) families believe that if they don't have as many children as possible, there are souls that won't be able to get in to the world. It's not unusual for Mormon families to have anywhere between 5-12 kids.

4 is nothing.

By the way, this is the video in question...

Kuddos to them, having the energy to do that with already 3 kids and another one on the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    OK I didn't know most posters on MMO-C are so unaware of the world around them. Of course, children are sacred and all that crap.

Apparently I'm living on a different, overheating and overpopulated planet where resources are running out and animal species are dying off at an alarming rate, from the rest of the posters in this thread.
    Ah yes, the "resources running out" bullshit, you do realize that everytime someone makes a panic about only having so much fresh water/oil they fail to factor in the rate in which we find more fossil fuels/build water treatment plants. It's short sighted. It's literally only saying if we keep doing this forever bad stuff will happen! But, it fails to understand that we DON'T stay stagnant, we develop better, cheaper and more efficient technology, we reproduce more heavily when resources are prominent (and most first world countries actually have negative population growth ignoring immigration and emigration).

No this is the same foolishness that said the Earth is flat, that we would die if we traveled too fast, that is behind anti-vaccination and other anti-science attitudes. It's small thinking without the understanding of the depth of human ingenuity and industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why is them being white relevant?

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother had 4 children and my upbringing was perfectly fine...

Like having 4 children is a crime lol. Most of the population expansion comes from 3rd world countries.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why is them being white relevant?
    Based on the response to "Do It For Denmark", your suppose to hate white reproduction and love mass immigration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Ah yes, the "resources running out" bullshit, you do realize that everytime someone makes a panic about only having so much fresh water/oil they fail to factor in the rate in which we find more fossil fuels/build water treatment plants. It's short sighted. It's literally only saying if we keep doing this forever bad stuff will happen! But, it fails to understand that we DON'T stay stagnant, we develop better, cheaper and more efficient technology, we reproduce more heavily when resources are prominent (and most first world countries actually have negative population growth ignoring immigration and emigration).

No this is the same foolishness that said the Earth is flat, that we would die if we traveled too fast, that is behind anti-vaccination and other anti-science attitudes. It's small thinking without the understanding of the depth of human ingenuity and industry.
    This is where the issue of global warming is coming in though. The question is if humanity can adapt to the coming changes as fast as they are happening. Which is very doubtful at this point. And oil is actually an issue, it is becoming more and more costly to recover and very dangerous for the enviroment.

Having children is selfish, that in itself is not morally wrong though (everything I do is selfish). But don't claim to be the fucking savior of our species, we do NOT need more humans. It is your own selfish choice and this is often reflected in how parents phrase it: "I really want/need a child". I always thought putting life into this world without its consent is a strange need.....but to each their own.

“We had not planned on having any more children after our three, but we seem to have a talent for making babies,” Andrea told BuzzFeed Life.
    Are people still surprised than unprotected sex can result in pregnancy?

Other than that, I don't really see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Are people still surprised than unprotected sex can result in pregnancy?
    Protected sex can also result in pregnancy albeit with a much smaller percentage.

The reason why it says white in the headline is because you usually don't expect white families to have big families AND you probably wouldn't have clicked the article if it just said couple cant stop having kids as you would've assumed they were minorities/immigrants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    I always though putting life into this world without its consent is a strange need....

Joke? Refering to the consent of a future theoretical life makes zero sense... Without a reproduction instinct mankind would not exist.

I think this parody is going to be lost on many posters.. (and people in general)

Anyway, for stance: 1 ) If this is about breeding for demographics sake is weird and the parody works. 2 ) If this parody is about welfare queens, then I think the parody stinks. Call me old fashioned, but if they're married, I don't care how many kids they have. (I admit, I am old fashioned sometimes. lol)
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2015-04-20 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post

Okay then. Why are you still alive? If Human life isn't 'sacred' to you and you're so goddamn worried about overpopulation then why are you still burdening the planet with your drain on valuable resources?

Or is flailing about with some alarmist bollocks enough justification for you to exist when others shouldn't?

Well for me it's a bit too late, you snarky friend, but I try to have a very small carbon footprint (vegetarian, try not to drive the car, ...) but yeah I already made up my mind about never having kids a long time ago (btw why would I have a kid of my own when so many kids need families? Having a biological child in this world is selfish.) , and my wife fully agrees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Troll thread is troll.

I and my six siblings says hai o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Joke? Refering to the consent of a future theoretical life makes zero sense... Without a reproduction instinct mankind would not exist.
    It makes a ton of sense when we are talking about morality and not evolutionary biology.

What's wrong with you people? I seriously need to unsubscribe from the General Off-Topic, there are more retarded threads poping up day by day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    This is where the issue of global warming is coming in though. The question is if humanity can adapt to the coming changes as fast as they are happening. Which is very doubtful at this point. And oil is actually an issue, it is becoming more and more costly to recover and very dangerous for the enviroment.
    Humans as a species are the among the most adaptive, only being surpassed by simple beings. We evolved as the only existing member of the Homo genus due to our adaptability, socially, physically and most importantly mentally. We can create complex tools so advanced in scope it is impossible for us understand life without them, habitate every continent on Earth, and are so wide spread to be all but immune to most possible extinction events. Whether this course is a good one is another question entirely but Humans absolutely can adapt to global warming.

On a personal level I disagree with the path taken, if a solution to a problem has consequences you seek a better solution not just stop using it and leaving the problem unsolved. We do need better forms of power but cutting back on fossil fuels is hampering our solution to the industry problem, we should seek a new answer instead of just stopping to use this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Why force white women to have even more white babies? Immigration can easily fix this problem . EU countries need mor diversity/ tolerance / muslim people because they get like 4-5 children per women on average.white people cause a lot of problems but they are good for the economy cause they buy a lot of stuff and the "white people" problem can also easily be fixed via mass immigration + interracial sex
    another post from the OP.
    Either he is a troll or he is extremely ... well, you get the idea.