Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Why does them being a White couple have anything to do with it?

Most large families I know are Minorities funnily enough.
    most large families I know are majorities.
    it's been absolutely normal in our society to highly value family, and to have many kids.
    That no kids no nothing mentality is a rather recent mindset of the last 2 generations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Anybody losing sleep over how many people are having babies of any one color, are idiots and racist.
    /signed......
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Anybody losing sleep over how many people are having babies of any one color, are idiots and racist.
    Yea who cares about birthrates and population size of China, India, Nigeria, and Europe in general. Surely it'll never have any effect whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 isnt that many. more than that though is where it starts getting crazy.

My dad was the 14th kid out of 14 and his mother was 93 when she died. And we are not Muslims.
    So what is wrong to have many kids ?
    because anyone with that many kids is more than likely a drain on the economy and their children are going to have a shitty future because their parents are shitty parents.

plus, that's just a ridiculous amount of kids to have. you aren't raising them personally.

Deleted
    So, what's the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    Having children these days...
    1 kid: Great another mouth to feed, think of the rainforest..
    2 kids: Omg 2 children? That is so irresponsible.
    3 kids: You should be sterilized.
    4 kids: Worse then Hitler.

The hate parents get these days for having kids is getting way out of hand. As if making sure that our race won't end is a bad thing.
    This is kind of like the whole Christian persecution in America thing, isn't it? Families with children are given all sorts of benefits and extra consideration in society, yet they're the ones under attack? Please. Try being in a family that's not capable of having children and see how well perceived by the public you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I removed the "White" part of your title.

In the future, don't purposely add race to the title of a thread when it is completely unrelated

7+ Year Old Account
    "White couple"

WTF relevance does their ethnicity have?! Will this thread get locked soon?
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    "White couple"

WTF relevance does their ethnicity have?! Will this thread get locked soon?
    White isn't an ethnicity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I removed the "White" part of your title.

In the future, don't purposely add race to the title of a thread when it is completely unrelated
    Oops, I posted just before the change.

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    OK I didn't know most posters on MMO-C are so unaware of the world around them. Of course, children are sacred and all that crap.

Apparently I'm living on a different, overheating and overpopulated planet where resources are running out and animal species are dying off at an alarming rate, from the rest of the posters in this thread.
    Employed and educated couples having many children is a good thing.

Also, why is it relevant that this couple is "white"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_fertility_rate
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Nothing wrong with having a large family as long as you can care for them. The article is very racist but looking at the source it's no surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    White isn't an ethnicity.
    Did someone forget to look up the definition of the word "ethnicity"? You're just being snippy and arguing semantics because of the other thread. Admit it.

Deleted
    Did someone forget to look up the definition of the word "ethnicity"? You're just being snippy and arguing semantics because of the other thread. Admit it.
    No, if you meant race, then say race, not ethnicity. Ethnicity is Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, German, British, Kenyan, Somalian etc. Not "white" or any other skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Yea who cares about birthrates and population size of China, India, Nigeria, and Europe in general. Surely it'll never have any effect whatsoever.
    Projected effect, or actual effect?

See because really as I said it doesn't matter, unless you adopt the attitude they are different than us, therefor danger, which is pretty fucking stupid. If certain traditions and attitude expand, or over populate I would be concerned, but that isn't typically tied to any one race.

Plenty of white people care about fairness and actual equality, as there are those of any other race, sometimes that values system makes it's way to the top sometimes it doesn't.

But to exclusively make a baby your enemy because of skin color is wrong.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    lol white male are evil?
    I'm sitting here in my dark bedroom, thinking of the many ways I can dehumanize women while kicking small animals at every chance I get!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    No, if you meant race, then say race, not ethnicity. Ethnicity is Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, German, British, Kenyan, Somalian etc. Not "white" or any other skin color.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ethnicity You may want to look under "synonyms". Still, it's semantics, this is the most boring thing ever and you're just trying to hold a grudge.

Anyone complaining about people in the western world having kids are missing the big picture. The overwhelming majority of human population growth occurs in underdeveloped ("3rd world") nations, and these are the problem areas. These kids very rarely have the opportunity to improve their situation.

The developed world is either at, or rapidly approaching, population decline. And the people in these nations are the ones who have the resources and education to fix various world problems. The U.S. alone churns out the plurality of scientific research in the world. If anything we need to be doing more to encourage people in the U.S. to have more kids. Our very high immigration is the only reason our population demographics look relatively normal compared to nearly every other western country.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Yep, Having 4 kids obviously makes you a terrible person.
    Yeah I have 2 brothers and a sister. That makes my parents terrible people *Sarcasm* But I do think I can give my parents a bit of leeway as my dad is from Ghana and my mom is Irish. (If you know what I mean)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Just saw this on another website " http://www.buzzfeed.com/morganshanah...ous-miley-paro

This just horrible all around. These people are in my opinion a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the world. And I'm not just talking about the music.

They obviously only think of themselves, are (very, it would seem) happy to erode and rape the world a bit more even if we are already sucking all resources dry, and yeah I don't know how it is in the US, but in Europe they'd end up getting a lot of money of the state; paid for by people that are - willingly or not - without children.

Please, think of the children and tone down on having children.
    Straight up bro. I do think that the human population needs to go down. at this rate I think that we are more like a virus on the planet. still there are less extreme ways for phrasing you're opinion on the matter.

Deleted
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ethnicity You may want to look under "synonyms". Still, it's semantics, this is the most boring thing ever and you're just trying to hold a grudge.
    I'm not "trying to hold a grudge". Nationality is not ethnicity and ethnicity is not race. You can be ethnically Finnish and still be of Swedish nationality. Nationality refers to citizenship. You can be ethnically Japanese and still be of Swedish nationality. You can belong to the asian classification of race, that doesn't mean you're the same ethnicity as the others included in it. Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean etc. They're all Asian. But Taiwanese ethnicity is not Korean ethnicity.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Four is borderline too many kids, IMO. My parents were both the oldest of seven children, but that was a different time. You raised your children differently back then, and jobs tended to pay more.