Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new patch could potentially sneak in some model changes! I'm crossing my fingers...

I considered that as well... It's hard to fight my skepticism considering we saw nothing in the other preceeding patches up until now, but 6.2.3 isn't the size of 6.2 so who knows... I was gonna prod them about this myself later on twitter. So even though I'm not holding my breath I can't rid myself of that desperate smidge of hope! We'll just have to wait and see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expanded customization options for Demon Hunters. No longer are we limited to just five categories of things! Hopefully this means good stuff for player models in general, like maybe unlinking nose and ears from each other for new goblins; or allowing us to choose face paint independent of tusks for trolls

Sig by Isilrien

That is indeed quite a few more options than normal, even than DK's, so I too hope that implies they didn't only give it to demon hunters, which wouldn't make sense either way...

For the moment, since the Beta is only a few weeks away now apparently, I'm just hoping someone that actually cares enough about the models to scrutinize a good few of them (if I don't get a beta key myself) gets beta access so that we can not only check if there's more customization options, but to also have a look at the more problematic models; if the improved Nelf textures are only for DH's, if the ones with longer-standing issues with dissimilarity or bugs still haven't been addressed - and most of all for my part to learn if they've done any sodding thing about the Troll male.

I did see the male Troll model with the bonerbraid used in the preview of the Beast Master artifact weapon, and nothing had changed as far as I could tell from the angle... feet were still oddly shaped and had the same lower quality of textures, and of course the braid was clearly not resting down his back as it should... /shrug

Story and lore aside, from what I managed to learn about Legion, all I really need is for my ruddy Trolls to be fixed and I'll be exceedingly happy. It's like the one thing really making it hard to be excited because it's been such a constant ire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even DKs only have the standard five. So, we'll see! I hope they de-link face mesh from face texture. Please please please!

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Even DKs only have the standard five. So, we'll see! I hope they de-link face mesh from face texture. Please please please!
    It would be nice but the cynical side of me tells me that Demon Hunters have more merely because they have strange things like tattoos, blindfolds and horns (the latter not belonging to the race like Tauren but to the class) so yeah. It could mean nothing but I guess being positive doesn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Blizz needs to see and do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicdemon View Post
    Blizz needs to see and do this!
    Allegedly they have... well, they've apparently seen it at least... A long while ago.

But I guess we'll see if they bring it up or the questions I tried suggesting for both this site and for the WoW forums, or if anyne else has asked similarly and it gets brought up instead... I doubt we'll see anything at Blizzcon though.

I did hear something about Chris G. Robinson wanting to revive the Artcraft again a lil while ago, I might try suggesting to him that it can be used for giving updates on on-going tweaks of models.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249821/b...chris-robinson

So we have something new with this, especially the second last question in this interview...

it certainly sounds like updated Worgen and Goblin models aren't ready, if they've even started on them...

I'm not sure what that means for the existing revamped models, particularly the Troll male, but Ion also said it's an on-going process, I'm still trying to be hopeful but it definitely seems like we won't know until the beta hits... If someone that cares about these models still gets beta-access.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-11-08 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone checked the PTR for any possible model tweaks?

Assuming I'm on the right PTR, I have, and I saw nothing... I'm actually more worried by whatever glimpses we've seen of the Troll male related to Legion: these include footage showing a troll shaman amongst other chars in the one interview with Alex Afrasiabi, a screenshot in the latest class previews and the Beast master artifact being held by a Troll on the hunter artifact preview page... The reason I'm worried is because they don't look the least bit different... on the artifact preview he has the single-braid, still defying gravity, and in the other two examples whatever I saw of their textures and geometry looked entirely unchanged, additionally their eyes still look like black dots...

I haven't gotten a look at their backs through any of these, but I suspect that's still as broken in by muscle atrophy as it ever was...

- - - Updated - - -

I might have quickfired a bit regarding the class preview blogs of late however, as the environments of these screenshot don't seem to ever be in one of the Broken isle zones, so at any rate I'm keeping my hopes up (tentatively) towards the beta...
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-11-11 at 07:29 PM.

Sorry for my abscence. Now I'll contribute a little from myself, I also don't think that etxtra options will be applied for non-DHs, it would be too much work. I believe we would count ourselves lucky to get updates for all models, so all of them are on desireable level.

I found no changes on PTR, but hopefully at least some minor tweak will appear on Legion's Beta.

Here are another issues I found :

When you look from front the Troll mels' arms looks long and thin but when you look from side they're quite wide and muscular. I'm not even sure it's possible IRL to have this kind of odd proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    When you look from front the Troll mels' arms looks long and thin but when you look from side they're quite wide and muscular. I'm not even sure it's possible IRL to have this kind of odd proportions.
    From my observations, upper arms (if active and developed) often look bulkier from the side and appear more broad in profile than they do girthy all around, so this is not uncommon I think, though with the Troll male it's exaggerated. It's even evident on Vol'jin himself if you look at his arms, they are broader in profile than when seen from behind or from the front, the difference is that they look reasonably developed from both angles, unlike the playable Troll male. However, this has always been the case, even with the old model... I do think it might feel more like a problem now because the shoulders have been shrunk, and that doesn't balance it out as much.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-11-22 at 06:46 PM.

It's not directly troll model related, but it's still somehow .

Apparently there will be a troll variation for artifact feral druid weapon. And finally Trolls will get proper looking tigers, with peroper troll accessories and high quality they deserved from the very begining. They're truly beautiful :

This green variation is a bit exaggerated but it's still miles better than what we currently have.
    I mean look at those! Beautiful troll ornaments on armor, feathers, and tiny bone at the end of braid that is close to mouth, and ear ring.

This is how I believe most expected for troll catform to look like. Finally they look as they should've had.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-11-24 at 10:26 PM.

That catform is absolutely wickedly gorgeous, I'm floored... Better be leveling my Troll Druid asap... Hopefully the basic Troll druid forms has been updated to a reasonable level, I do expect as much, but this is even more promising.

So that's one update we can possibly check off the list...

Now, if ony someone that cares as much about the revamped models as we do, realizing they're not all they're cracked up to be, who just happens to have access to the beta/alpha could just give us a glimpse... or confirm or deny the existance of any tweaks.

The downside of it is, that this form won't be restricted to trolls only because it's tied with legendary weapon. Just like you can use draenei version of Doomhammer while not being Draenei.

Personally I believe they should more emphasise on racial themes instead of goving some random stuff. But checking others opinions I saw that people liked other forms. Honestly if I was Tauren druid I'd rather to keep the lions with horns instead of using any of legendary forms, but for troll I'd deffinietly use them, becuase they're superior to what we received in cataclysm.

I only wish they didn't have glowing eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    The downside of it is, that this form won't be restricted to trolls only because it's tied with legendary weapon. Just like you can use draenei version of Doomhammer while not being Draenei.

Personally I believe they should more emphasise on racial themes instead of goving some random stuff. But checking others opinions I saw that people liked other forms. Honestly if I was Tauren druid I'd rather to keep the lions with horns instead of using any of legendary forms, but for troll I'd deffinietly use them, becuase they're superior to what we received in cataclysm.

I only wish they didn't have glowing eyes.
    Well, we could perhaps see it as compensation that Druids no longer have Claws of Shirvallah for the moment, you gain some you lose some and all that... Though I agree, perhaps the artifact druidic forms should've been more racially tied, even if it means slightly less customization for each individual race the difference in looks pertaining to the race is inherent variety in on itself, and instead they could've given more options for colouring hues or just various racial decorations and knick knacks.

Also I imagine the baseline druid models have gotten a slight upgrade, that would include the Troll druid forms... Hopefully... Considering their track record with Trolls and art resource priorities.

As for the glow, it doesn't really bother me that much personally... Could imagine it as a side-effect of the artifact's empowerment more than anything else, but I assume it's the Night Elf connotations that might be bothersome?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to talk about something other than the male troll, I noticed something on one of my female trolls; it might just be me but during two-handed melee animations, especially the "2h-special" to use the model viewer terminology, their cloak feels very, very static... it moves, but just barely, and not really as much as you imagine that much motion would cause and also rather unnaturally in my opinion... I might try and make a gif later.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-11-28 at 10:35 AM.

I haven't paid attention to cloacks, I had them disabled on my warrior, so I guess I should investigate it.

And when it comes to Chris Robinson he mentioned about fixing nelf female eyelashes, so there is a hope they'll tweak models

https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/...06061974634497

I have high hopes, that they're finally fixing the two handed animations for female trolls. When the attack to the left happens, the left shoulder armor twistes like crazy. This had bothered me to much, that I switched to polearms.

At least we are able to turn off shoulders in Legion.

As shown earlier in this thread, even on the first page I believe, this is an issue shared with the male Troll as well if I understand you correctly. Similarly "addressed" by using a polearm too... Which is a shame if one happens to prefer an axe or a sword... I hadn't noticed it that well on the female though, definitely gonna have to check it out.

Sadly I don't feel hiding the shoulders on male trolls will fix it as they tend to warp weirdly ontop of being smaller than before...

Just gonna post this here...

I think it's also important to point out that there is no "casting while swimming" Animation, instead the animation system they have connects two or more different animations together which is what probably causes this ridiculous bug that also happend on the previous model, really sad to see it still happening on the newer one.

Last edited by Yuyuli; 2015-11-28 at 08:32 PM.