Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    good idea lets fire some innocent cops and lock up the corrupt ones. Those innocent cops don't deserve their jobs.
    Much like the getaway driver at a bank or someone who knowingly lies to protect his friend from a murder charge, if they police are knowingly protecting the corrupt ones, they aren't the good guys.

If the cops were the good guys, they wouldn't be defending the bad ones and would right with the public on firing them and pressing charges. Once they start lying to protect them or other such things, they cease to be the good guys.

Hell, lying to an officer over a misdemeanor can land you with a $500 fine and 6 months in prison if caught and they wish to pursue to my knowledge (Varies by state). Let alone for a felony, they should be held to that same standard except even more strictly because they are supposed to be the ones enforcing it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    It's quite sad that it's got to the point where people actually try and defend criminals because they're on board the "hate on all police" train in these type of threads.
    Defending criminals for no reason is just as bad as people who think police are saint when there are is a pletora of cases showing police officers being crimnals.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Ah, to be a cop in this day and age. Let a man die negligently to wounds that should have been tended to and you will be shielded by the fact he ran.

cops have it so bad guys

sometimes...when they kill someone...they actually get prosectuted!

psych no they dont

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I, too, feel that people who want to carry weapons should be treated as highly dangerous criminals and be dealt incapacitating injuries, just to be safe.
    Crippling and live-threatening are the adjectives you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    psych no they dont
    Damn. You had me going for a second there.

Deleted
    Rest in peace Dindu Nuffin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So a guy walks around with a switchblade and yet police are the bad guys he gets fucked up during arrest?
    Yes? I'm sure he wasn't a very good citizen, but getting tortured and killed by the police is perhaps a bit over the top?
    Mother pus bucket!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Cops have to put themselves into dangerous situations all the time. If you judge a cop the same way you do a non-cop there would be almost nobody willing to do the job. Contrary to what people think, cops are held to a lower legal standard, not a higher one.
    Police officer is not even ranked among the top ten most dangerous professions in the United States. Far more loggers and industrial laborers are seriously injured or killed than are police. But you can bet that the former would lose their jobs for the same kind of flagrant disregard for safety and responsibility for which the latter receive paid time off and a polite apology from the grand jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The cops don't get a different set of laws to follow just because their jobs are harder.
    How don't more people understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    How don't more people understand this?
    Because the Just-World fallacy and misanthropic absolutism towards people that aren't you is a thing now. You know, those same people that really hate how the world doesn't conform to what they believe and it totally isn't their fault, it must be the world's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some food for thought.

Warning, some disturbing accounts.

It goes to show the fact, police are not saints, they aren't divine saviors. They are human beings, as flawed and as capable of depraved acts as anyone else, and worse, they have to power to get away with it. It has a lot to do with location to, the worst cases of police brutality in places where people in general are brutal to one another.

There needs to be something put in place, to deal with corrupt cops, something worse then just losing their jobs.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2015-04-22 at 04:27 PM.

So he was saying he needed help the entire ride, they made 3 stops along the way. He was injured and it was said he should have received medical aid immediately. When they took him out to put him in restraints he said he needs a medic. When he died they decide it's time for the doctors to come.

To be honest I love this. Not the guy being hurt and dying. Nope. I'm happy that the dumb fuck cops are painting targets on their back now.

Good or bad, any cop doing something blatantly fucked up now is a moron. In a time when every arrest of a black male is looked at in a microscope and sparks rally's, why the fuck would you choose now to be ignorant?

These idiots need to be purged man. At least the dirty cops lying low have sense enough to not go back to their ways now. The guys getting gigged are the retards of the force. They need to be gone.

Also I want to say that I know most ops are good people. I am applying this year myself. But I have no sympathy for dumbasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    To be honest I love this. Not the guy being hurt and dying. Nope. I'm happy that the dumb fuck cops are painting targets on their back now.

Good or bad, any cop doing something blatantly fucked up now is a moron. In a time when every arrest of a black male is looked at in a microscope and sparks rally's, why the fuck would you choose now to be ignorant?

These idiots need to be purged man. At least the dirty cops lying low have sense enough to not go back to their ways now. The guys getting gigged are the retards of the force. They need to be gone.

Also I want to say that I know most ops are good people. I am applying this year myself. But I have no sympathy for dumbasses.
    I agree.

When I was in the Marine Corps in 1992, Tailhook happened, involving sexual harassment and such by military officers. Within weeks, the entire Marine Corps underwent sexual harassment training lasting a few days.

WTF can't all police forces sit their officers down and say "listen, we have a problem. Whether you think it is real or not, you need to be ESPECIALLY careful in dealing with black suspects."

I know this is an oversimplification, but if I were a racist bigot cop, I would at least think to myself "I am going to try not to kill a n****r today." Seriously, everybody is watching, and now that every instance makes national news for days and weeks and sparks protests, wouldn't you give a shit?

The above is not intended to say all cops are racist bigots, nor is the use of the n-word something I would say, only my interpretation of what a racist cop might say.

Sometimes it's shocking how easy it is kill someone. There's a murder case in Texas right now where a kid punched another kid two times - not particularly hard, but hard enough to cause a severed artery.

It's terrible what happened, but I also know that it's very common for an arrestee to complain they're seriously injured (in part because it's easier to escape custody at the hospital than at the county jail) but also because an unhappy arrestees will do everything to make the process as unpleasant and long as possible.

That said, a prudent officer takes complaints of pain seriously.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...police-n347391

A lawyer for one of the officers said that while Gray was in handcuffs and leg irons, his seat belt wasn't fastened in violation of department rules. "Policy is policy, practice is something else."