15+ Year Old Account
    Killed archmage lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Maybe leghold trap him so he doesn't get random extra turns between breaks. He should always shift elements and nuke you coming out of a break so he won't cast the debuff on those turns. The good news is when you do get it sorc trivializes rune lord and rune lord trivializes warmaster. Starseer can be reflect cheesed even easier then sorc if you want to try that one first, her debuff to prevent buffs is only single target.
    I tried her first and i didnt get far

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now i killed her lol

- - - Updated - - -

I put starseer on primerose and sorc on cyrus. Then i made tressa white mage. I doubt i need the healing much when im 45-52 with everybody and ive only done one chapter 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Level doesn't really mean anything, unless extremely underleveled. You gain a pathetic amount of stats per level, gear matters more. You can hit stat caps in the 60s easily. Grinding to 80 seems like a waste of time as the fastest xp grinding area is a danger level 48(there is a level 58 dungeon but it's a lot slower then maw of ice dragon and has no caits).

Haven't touched final dungeon yet, cleaning up side quests but don't think it's going to pose too much of an issue. The dire wolf super boss for example literally got melted in 1 break, and none of my characters are underleveled or geared.
    There are caits in that forest. Also higer lvls means you can also recrut higher lvl npcs. And i still find npcs that i missed that you have to steal, bash, recruit, buy etc. Some of them spawn only after you finish all chapters on every character.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There are caits in that forest. Also higer lvls means you can also recrut higher lvl npcs. And i still find npcs that i missed that you have to steal, bash, recruit, buy etc. Some of them spawn only after you finish all chapters on every character.
    Yeah i got to Therion last and behind a door on the towns bottom level i got through with h'aanit there was a max level strength guy who was "one of 8 travellers but his friends abandoned him and all went home".

I can only assume hes the true final boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i got to Therion last and behind a door on the towns bottom level i got through with h'aanit there was a max level strength guy who was "one of 8 travellers but his friends abandoned him and all went home".

I can only assume hes the true final boss
    Nah its the gas station attendant in goldshore

10+ Year Old Account
    When you think you have completed all quests in octopath and then you find 20 more.....

15+ Year Old Account

Digimans

Cant tell if smt artist becaus no pointy boobs

10+ Year Old Account
    So megaman X collection

feels good on switch

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There isn't an npc in the game you can't defeat in a duel or recruit at 60. Some of them have a 70 requirement but it gets brought down to 60 when you properly scrutinize the right people.

Anyways I just finished the final boss with both parties between 60-67 and it was pretty easy, more annoying then anything with a few phases but no real threat of wiping me. Grinding to 80 would have been extreme overkill. Maybe levels would matter if saving grace didn't exist but it does.

Oh and yea, unless I see proof otherwise I'm gonna take the internet at the word that caits don't exist in forest of purgnation. Even if they do, they must be extremely rare compared to frost dragon cave so it still doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-29 at 04:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So megaman X collection

feels good on switch
    Poopy dpad nty. I had my co worker buy me a ps4 copy and i gave him my switch copy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Poopy dpad nty
    im not havin much issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    im not havin much issue.
    I edited my post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I edited my post
    it changes nothing for my response!

15+ Year Old Account
    it changes nothing for my response!
    Poopy dpad

So on the Octopath end game...

The side quests being epilogues for the side characters you meat during the stories was nice.

The hardest boss in the game actually being the final story boss is nice for once in a JRPG instead of some ass pull super boss you get in most of them. Granted Octopath still has 2 ass pull super bosses in the forest of no return and forest of purgnation but they where weak compared to the true last boss just harder then chapter 4s or advanced job bosses.

Kind of hope they patch in a NG+ like many RPGs have lately since most of the strength you acquire late game is only useful for the 2 super bosses above and the final boss.

The lore tie up and world building at the very end is nice, just wish we had scenes for some of it instead of just reading wall of texts.

Oh and for people worried about having to "redo 8 bosses" to try the final one if you fail... if you can't 1-2 turn those 8 bosses you shouldn't even be trying the final boss. They take almost no time at all to kill if you're properly prepared.

Also 1 final laugh at the kotaku writer claiming there was no hints at end game when like 3 of the final stories mention The Gate of Finis or their being a literal sidequest called The daughter of the dark god Minor name spoilers but tagged them just in case anyways.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-29 at 06:59 PM.

Octopath got the ole problem of running out of difficult content once you're fully kited out and going?

Quite a common problem with RPGs, why we get bullshit like greater rift levels in diablo 3.

Octopath 2 then, hopefully they make another one and upgrade the character models and maybe a bigger more linear story rather than 8 different mini stories. I dont think thats as popular/good as a big story where the world and characters feel more intertwined, destiny and fate n all that good stuff. Maybe octopath is like that but the common complaint im hearing about the game is that the character storys dont connect much

It's not 8 mini stories, it's one story.

Granted that is not obvious until chapter 4 hints and later the final dungeon but it's not just "connected" literally everything that happens in the game is caused from one single thing.

That's how you can spot reviewers who didn't finish the game out like a sore thumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    I finally beat x3 after my progress was wiped on last boss. MY WRIST HURTS AHHHHHHHHHHH

- - - Updated - - -

Going to x4 graphics/physics is really jarring

Just a reminder: it's less than 24 hours until Nintendo's Q! FY 2018 financial earnings report.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DarkDetectiveNL/...69687290638339

Isao Moro (Co-Director of Animal Crossing New Leaf; Director of Happy Home Academy; helped with Animal Crossing since the Japan port of the international Gamcube port of Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, and Smash 4) has left Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Octopath got the ole problem of running out of difficult content once you're fully kited out and going?

Quite a common problem with RPGs, why we get bullshit like greater rift levels in diablo 3.

Octopath 2 then, hopefully they make another one and upgrade the character models and maybe a bigger more linear story rather than 8 different mini stories. I dont think thats as popular/good as a big story where the world and characters feel more intertwined, destiny and fate n all that good stuff. Maybe octopath is like that but the common complaint im hearing about the game is that the character storys dont connect much
    Well you could find the rare monsters in each zone. You gotta see them all. Araund 50 fights in each zone to find at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/DarkDetectiveNL/...69687290638339

Isao Moro (Co-Director of Animal Crossing New Leaf; Director of Happy Home Academy; helped with Animal Crossing since the Japan port of the international Gamcube port of Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, and Smash 4) has left Nintendo.
    Maybe he wasn't happy to see the series turn into a mobage? there was always talk of an internal split a few years back with one camp pushing for mobile and what folks called 'iwatas camp' still pushing the 'we are a toy company' brand identity. Perhaps now he's gone and theres less high up resistance to it after GO made mad bank some of the mid tier employee's who didn't want it are upset?

I mean i can only imagine how you would think "boy hearing the moage horror stories from friends working at Konami or Square Enix really makes me glad i got into Nintendo where the series i put my blood sweat and tears into will never turn into mobile ga- oh.". Its easy for us as consumers to just go "oh its just spin offs, if i dont like it i ignore it no biggie". But if you work on an ip for multiple console generations and see the fanbase screaming for a new one only to see a mobile busywork clicker game come out riding your teams work i could easily imagine that being a "i did not sign up for this" situation. Especially for people working at Nintendo of all places.