Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I guess you are right. I seem to remember it looks better. Still Gen 6 and 7 looked a lot different imo.
    Not in the world tbh. The only thing that looks a lot better in 7 is the battles because they future proofed most of the pokemon models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not in the world tbh. The only thing that looks a lot better in 7 is the battles because they future proofed most of the pokemon models.
    I dont know the traversal looks a lot more open in sun and moon. Different angles etc. I didnt play sun/moon thought, so I probably dont know what im talking about. Im just glad they didnt go with the lets go look. While lets go had 3d models, the camera and design was much more old school top down etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Give me little grass monkey now!
    As my brothers and I started the very first games with choosing the type we started with, I am just glad they stopped with reptiles a few hens back as the grass theme starter.

Probably why I even returned to the series. As shallow as that sounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totadile best water starter ever created.

Gen 7 has literally literally the same models as does Gen 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Gen 7 has literally literally the same models as does Gen 6.
    Most of them have way higher poly counts but ok. In fact if you run gen 7 on what we won't name, at 1080p the gen 1 Pokemon models in that looks basically just as good as the ones in Lets Go.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-27 at 04:49 PM.

Team bun bun
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Most of them have way higher poly counts but ok. In fact if you run gen 7 on what we won't name, at 1080p the gen 1 Pokemon models in that looks basically just as good as the ones in Lets Go.
    That's because those are the same models they have been using since XY.

XY

ORAS

Pokemon Go

SuMo

USUM

Let's Go

All use same Pokemon models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that there's a sizeable amount of people disappointed its not breath of the wild. Lets be honest. That was never happening.

Lets take a little poll.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17515606

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely need more information, because right now i'm a bit skeptic. I was personally hoping for a completely new game. I'm still going to at least try this one, but i'm not going in with high hopes it'll be any different than the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they are trying new things. I think it definitely looks good visually, just not as good as I'd like. Im gonna miss seeing pokemon in the overworld.

Off topic, when they inevitably remake gen 4 in 2020 or 2021 do you think they will use the gen8 style, or lets go style? Lets go would be easier and fit more with gen 4s style so im guessing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They said they are trying new things. I think it definitely looks good visually, just not as good as I'd like. Im gonna miss seeing pokemon in the overworld.

Off topic, when they inevitably remake gen 4 in 2020 or 2021 do you think they will use the gen8 style, or lets go style? Lets go would be easier and fit more with gen 4s style so im guessing that.
    DP remakes will be main series gen 8 games to facilitiate the National Dex VGC seasons. They will be same as Sword and Shield.

Next Let's Go remake will likely hit Gen 2 if there will be more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant more the art style. Lets go was more top down and traditional looking, so it would be easier to make a gen 4 remake to vbe like that.

I really hope Sword&Shield has an adjustable camera option. The trailer makes it look like it's going to have fixed camera angles while adventuring. Stuff seen, like running sideways, viewed at odd angles.

Towards the end it showed a camera rotating around characters, but that part looked like a profile or select screen rather than gameplay. Hmm.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m hoping they add Pokémon in the over world with random battles in tall grass, so that we don’t have lifeless areas

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I’m hoping they add Pokémon in the over world with random battles in tall grass, so that we don’t have lifeless areas
    If I'm honest idk what I dislike more. Lifeless areas with random battles in grass or the Let's Go situation of using a lure and there being 50 fucking pokemon on screen. Both situations end up ridiculous looking on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Yeah, that was the best part of Let's Go. Going back into the most boring place ever, Mountain Moon, was a totally different experiance with Zubats actually flying around, Parases crawling on the floor and random Onixes bursting out. Battle/catching system should remain the same as in normal series, the throwing minigame can suck a dick. But I'd exchange random encounters for pokes in the overworld any time.

Still kind of dissapointed that in 2019, after all those years, they STILL don't feel like making the pokemon actually animate attacks and make contact in battle. I know it's more work, but seeing pokemon throwing a punch by creating a floating "punch" icon that flies towards the enemy looks dated as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, that was the best part of Let's Go. Going back into the most boring place ever, Mountain Moon, was a totally different experiance with Zubats actually flying around, Parases crawling on the floor and random Onixes bursting out. Battle/catching system should remain the same as in normal series, the throwing minigame can suck a dick. But I'd exchange random encounters for pokes in the overworld any time.

Still kind of dissapointed that in 2019, after all those years, they STILL don't feel like making the pokemon actually animate attacks and make contact in battle. I know it's more work, but seeing pokemon throwing a punch by creating a floating "punch" icon that flies towards the enemy looks dated as hell.
    I'm not sure you understand how much more work that is. This region will take us pretty close to 1000 unique pokémon, with probably at least 50 attacks on average per pokémon. That's a lot of animation in addition to the idles and spawn ones that are already required.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time in..well ever I'm considering the Grass Pokemon. Grookey looks adorable and when he enters the video you can hear him tapping on a Rock.

I'm willing to bet his max evolution will be a Green Ape with some sort of Grassy/Flowery Staff or Club as a Weapon. Using the whole "Apes can use Tools as well" stereotype.

Would totally be keen for a Son Wukong inspired Grass Pokemon. With a Bamboo Pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I really hope Sword&Shield has an adjustable camera option. The trailer makes it look like it's going to have fixed camera angles while adventuring. Stuff seen, like running sideways, viewed at odd angles.

Towards the end it showed a camera rotating around characters, but that part looked like a profile or select screen rather than gameplay. Hmm.
    Probaly not. But it could be as this was more or less limitation on 3ds.