The switch is so powerful it's screen goes through objects

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://mobile.twitter.com/mochi_wsj...81158159482880

Kimishima expects the Switch to sell 2 million units by the end of fiscal year 2016.

Aka 2 million units in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/mochi_wsj...81158159482880

Kimishima expects the Switch to sell 2 million units by the end of fiscal year 2016.

Aka 2 million units in less than a month.
    Quite optimistic. I don't think they'll even have 2 million shipped in that time.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Depends on the support. I could see it possibly if it has a strong library and people want to play Nintendo stuff after skipping the Wii U.

They announce monster hunter for the thing and I'd believe it.

Plis nintendo, plis.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    They announce monster hunter for the thing and I'd believe it.

Plis nintendo, plis.
    Oh heck yes, definitely at least in Japan that would help the sales.

I would also love it since the handheld part would work amazing with my friends playing together, although I don't think my girlfriend would want to buy her own Switch just to play. Hopefully a 3DS port that can play multiplayer maybe though?

I want to preorder it but first I must know the proper list of games, is there any list available?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I want to preorder it but first I must know the proper list of games, is there any list available?
    No games have been confirmed, as far as I know (well, outside of Zelda). That will likely come next year, I doubt Nintendo would announce their lineup in the last few months of this year, would be a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No games have been confirmed, as far as I know (well, outside of Zelda). That will likely come next year, I doubt Nintendo would announce their lineup in the last few months of this year, would be a total waste.
    sonic, dragon quest and ocean horn 1 and 2
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Color me unimpressed with this thing.

It's basically a tablet with controllers that stick on the sides and a dock that just throws the video up onto your TV for you. If this is the best Nintendo can come up with after the flop that was the Wii U, then they're even worse off than I thought.

And people in here keep saying battery life shouldn't matter or be considered in relation to the Switch. Ummm, hello. This thing is being heavily marketed as a portable gaming device. If the battery life on it is 2-3 hours tops, then that's a very bad thing. And just because that doesn't bother a select few of you in here, doesn't mean it won't bother a ton of other people. You can't market something as being portable and then force people to be tethered to an outlet every few hours.

Granted, I know that nothing is known about the battery life yet, but looking at the graphics they're trying to achieve on this thing while being portable, I'd be amazed if it lasted longer than 3 hours. Especially considering how small and thin the thing is in the first place (aka, not much room for a sizable battery).

The controllers look god awful and look like they will do nothing but cause hand cramping and frustration to any adult that has normal sized hands. The ergonomics on this thing are basically nonexistent. Who the hell is researching and developing the design for this thing at Nintendo? Even hooked up to the controller for when it's docked to the TV looks like a very bad and uncomfortable layout for most human beings. Has Nintendo learned nothing about controller ergonomics in the last few decades? Sony and Microsoft have continued to refine and improve their controllers over time.....Nintendo just seems to come up with the stupidest and craziest designs they can think of, comfort and practicality be damned.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this thing actually does. The investors in Nintendo are already pissed about this thing and their stocks are taking a hit because of it. I'd say if Nintendo doesn't redeem themselves in some way with this Switch idea, then you can probably kiss any more future Nintendo consoles goodbye.

one thing to take into mind though is that not everyone will be gaming on their switch. the 3 hour quote came from someone at ubisoft so its probably in relation to running games.

if nintendo positions this as a replacement for peoples tablets then people will use this to netflix, to youtube, to play mobile games not just switch aaa games, to read ebooks.

it may only get 3 hours if you're playing say skyrim but it probably gets more if your kid is watching jackseptic eye or reading a comic book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this thing actually does. The investors in Nintendo are already pissed about this thing and their stocks are taking a hit because of it
    OR you're just being biased and forgetting that investors always get upset whenever a home console is announced just like how microsoft and sonys stock both went down when the xbox one was announced and the ps4 was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sonic, dragon quest and ocean horn 1 and 2
    Ah, didn't know those were officially confirmed. Neat.

if nintendo positions this as a replacement for peoples tablets then people will use this to netflix, to youtube, to play mobile games not just switch aaa games, to read ebooks.
    But they've already said they're marketing it as a home console, not even as a mobile device like a tablet. Unless they make a massive pivot sometime before March, this is not going to happen from their end.

it may only get 3 hours if you're playing say skyrim but it probably gets more if your kid is watching jackseptic eye or reading a comic book.
    Sure, but now they'll be in competition with (likely) cheaper tablets that can all do that stuff while the kid games on his dedicated home console as well. They'd need to make some major pivots if they wanted to approach the market from that angle, and I don't think Nintendo has any interest in making that pivot or is even capable of it.

Edit: To tack onto this, per an interview with Bloomberg Japan Nintendo confirmed it is going to continue to release 3DS games, so that's not getting abandoned any time soon.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-10-27 at 12:48 AM.

Idk. I think they're marketing was focusing on this being a thing you take with you alot. The guy took it with him on a plane.

If they want people to take the switch on air planes they've got to show that the switch can do everything your Android or I pad can do but ALSO can sometimes play zelda and skyrim

Even if it's not a direct competitor with tablets it's still competing with bag space. They've gotta show why you wanna take this on planes and trips instead of tablets

Idk. I think they're marketing was focusing on this being a thing you take with you alot. The guy took it with him on a plane.
    Yes, but IIRC Nintendo said they were marketing it as a home console, no? Not to mention that per interviews they are only selling it with both the tablet and the docking station. So while they may have highlighted some of its handheld/mobile aspects, they're still still being positioned primarily as something you stick in front of your TV rather than something aimed for "on the go" play.

If they want people to take the switch on air planes they've got to show that the switch can do everything your Android or I pad can do but ALSO can sometimes play zelda and skyrim
    Yep, and I'm sure we'll find out more about third party app support next year. It would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't have strong app support online, though the device is wi-fi only and there's not even a confirmed touchscreen yet (IIRC).

Even if it's not a direct competitor with tablets it's still competing with bag space. They've gotta show why you wanna take this on planes and trips instead of tablets
    Again, this is part of the problem they're in right now with how they've initially positioned it and what markets they're competing in. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the heads over at Japan really did think that they weren't going to be in direct competition with tablets in any form, Japan is fucking insane like that and Nintendo especially so.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the looks of it is surpisingly thick, approximately 14mm, extrapolating from the 3.5mm jack. Where as a tablet is maybe around 5-7mm height.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/...-january-15th/

Welp, we get launch date, price, and launch lineup on Jan 12. Wonder if they'll release any info on the specs then or in the following days.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/...-january-15th/

Welp, we get launch date, price, and launch lineup on Jan 12. Wonder if they'll release any info on the specs then or in the following days.
    They better market the hell out of it from that point onward. It seems they expect to sell 2 million units in its first month.
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/26/...itch-in-march/

If they dont get on the ball and start plastering this thing everywhere, Then I don't think they will sell that many.

Personally when it comes to marketing the console I feel they are a bit late. We are going to go 2 1/2 months with no info on the system or games coming out for it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-27 at 02:53 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They better market the hell out of it from that point onward. It seems they expect to sell 2 million units in its first month.
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/26/...itch-in-march/

If they dont get on the ball and start plastering this thing everywhere, Then I don't think they will sell that many.

Personally when it comes to marketing the console I feel they are a bit late. We are going to go 2 1/2 months with no info on the system or games coming out for it.
    Eh, it would be a waste to do it now. Fall launch chaos has already started and it will be in full swing throughout November, and then you have the December month which is basically a monthlong holiday. I don't think anyone really announces major new shit in the last two months of the year because it's such a nightmare to compete for news coverage in. They need to go quiet to prep for 2017 during this time so they can have their ducks in a row to hit the ground running full speed in January for a March launch.

Eh, it would be a waste to do it now. Fall launch chaos has already started and it will be in full swing throughout November, and then you have the December month which is basically a monthlong holiday. I don't think anyone really announces major new shit in the last two months of the year because it's such a nightmare to compete for news coverage in. They need to go quiet to prep for 2017 during this time so they can have their ducks in a row to hit the ground running full speed in January for a March launch.
    I'm less sure of this kind of approach. 2 million units is too optimistic unless it were launching in time for the holidays. Announcing a launch line-up with only two months of marketing in an industry that, for better or worse (mostly worse), is fueled by hype culture seems like an unwise decision. It's not like they can't announce the titles and then continue to market them after the holidays. On the other hand, they probably know they have some lackluster third-party support, so maybe the launch line-up is so weak that it can't be used as a marketing tool. As hype as the trailer made me at first, once you realize the only third party games (Skyrim and NBA whatever) that were in it were unannounced, the new Mario game looks exactly like the last one (and the same goes for Mario Kart, which I've heard may just be a port), Splatoon is just a port, and NONE of the games shown were running on the hardware (so they could conceivably play and look WORSE than what was represented), it really makes me wonder if the Switch will actually have any launch games besides Zelda that could make the 2 million figure realistic. I certainly don't think it'll sell that many on the gimmick alone.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Yea, I don't get why anyone thinks they need to market anything right now, 1) marketing shit costs more now then it will in Jan so less bang for buck and 2) it's not coming out in the holiday when most marketing is targeted at gift buying.

Jan is a completely dead month gaming wise usually, them starting the hard marketing then is actually genius. Ads on TV will be dirt cheap to pay for post Christmas(outside of the NFL playoffs which would still be expensive), no games are coming out to talk about, no games are being announced. They will literally be the focal point of the video game world.

Then, they're also launching in March where they will have minimal competition and 3DS revisions have done well during late feb launches as well.

People keep talking abut missing holiday season or marketing time, but in reality what Nintendo is doing is genius. They're separating themselves from the holiday competition. In fact more companies should do the same, there is no reason The Last Guardian should be sent out to die in the holiday season, or titanfall 2 for that matter or dead rising 4 for that matter or rise of the tomb raider last year or sunset overdrive. I can name countless games that where flat out failures for trying to compete at holiday attention. Leave the holidays to the BFs, CoDs, Maddens, FIFAs, NBA2ks and ACs of the world and stop sending out your products to die in their hype or try to pay for over priced ad time during this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I'm less sure of this kind of approach. 2 million units is too optimistic
    It's not even that optimistic tbh. PS4 was near 4 mil in the same time span. It's a realistic projection if they're counting on getting the handheld market, and demand could in fact go well beyond that if they can convince enough of the 3DS market to want it.