Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Fuck that noise. While I expect the Switch to be miles better than the Wii U, I don't expect it to be much better than the XBO.
    It's not going to be more powerful then the Wii U in raw power, and it's not even going to be close to the XBO. Best case scenario is it's in line with the Wii U in raw power.

You're sipping some serious cool aid if you think a mobile chip poised for a $250 launch is going to "run miles" around the Wii U or be in line with the XBO. On paper it can, but mobile chips don't actually run anywhere near their on paper specs suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    --snip--
    If the image is true that is quite a line up for the switch.

But ya anyone who though there wouldn't be a Mario Maker Port is crazy. I also wouldn't be surprised if the new 3D Mario was set to come out on the Wii-U but Nintendo changed it to The Switch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

But ya anyone who though there wouldn't be a Mario Maker Port is crazy. I also wouldn't be surprised if the new 3D Mario was set to come out on the Wii-U but Nintendo changed it to The Switch.
    The mario development teams have been flip flopping between console and handheld lately.

SMG2->3DL->3DW
    NSMB->NSMBWii->NSMB2->NSMBU
    SPM->SS->CS

It was probably always a switch game when you think about it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The mario development teams have been flip flopping between console and handheld lately.

SMG2->3DL->3DW
    NSMB->NSMBWii->NSMB2->NSMBU
    SPM->SS->CS

It was probably always a switch game when you think about it like that.
    Could of...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i think switch has the best launch lineup of all time

- - - Updated - - -

has any nintendo console ever had all these big titles (port or otherwise) in the first year?

were talking

3d mario
    mario kart
    zeldaz
    pokemans
    smashs
    and splatoon

all on year one. thats pretty much all the heavy hitters at nintendo, then they got the niche cult favorite titles like pikmin and beyond good and evil

and if it ends up being 200 or 250 with either splatoon or mario i dont see how it could possibly do bad.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It would have been easy for Nintendo to do that in a launch year if they always just ported all the games from their last systems over.

Mario Kart(8, upgraded port with new courses)
    Smash(probably no updates as the dev team disbanded and it still has amiibos not out to launch with)
    Zelda cross gen
    Splatoon, port with probably a few new maps/weapons and balancing changes
    Pokemon Stars, which is just an upgraded version of Sun/Moon and is probably also coming out on the 3DS.

So yea, I see exactly 1 game in there exclusive to the NS. That's not a system I will buy year one unless they show something else. Doesn't look that amazing to me, looks like the PS4 and XB1 launch years that got shit on with just cross gen hell and remasters.

Compared to Gamecube, that launch year would be a joke. It might be nice for some people who didn't buy a Wii U but want to play those games, but then again if someone didn't buy a Wii U to play those games are they going to buy an NS to play them? Not unless Nintendo shows them some promise for the future beyond port jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think switch has the best launch lineup of all time
    Wait...so you think the unannounced, unconfirmed launch lineup for the Switch is the best lineup of all time?

Fucking what?

Also if that "launch lineup" expects me to rebuy games I already own at $60 a pop Nintendo can fuck right off.

If they actually release their ports at budget prices which they should be I might consider it depending on new content added.

Also, XCX port unless it lets me transfer a save from Wii U is dead to me. There is no way I'm ever putting 200 hours into that game to get back to the same point I am. There is flat out too much content in that game to do(and that 200 hours is only 81% done fyi).

Also wondering if Nintendo is going to try and start charging $60 for games that would normally be $40 like pokemon/FE just because "home console". I see a lot of issues with pricing here that could turn me off from this system altogether. Kind of like how Square charges $60 for WoFF when there is a $40 version just because one version is running at a higher resolution... lol what.

i dont think the ports are aimed at people who already owns wiius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...so you think the unannounced, unconfirmed launch lineup for the Switch is the best lineup of all time?

Fucking what?
    yes. pokemans dude, pokemans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i dont think the ports are aimed at people who already owns wiius.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Edge's confusion is how you're claiming something that doesn't exist is the best ever.

Yeah if you have a wii u it might not seem appealing to be an early adapter, but not many have a wii u so of course for many that line up looks very appealing.

In my opinion i still think now is a good time for 3DS. If the rumors about stopping the Production on Wii U are true. Then the 3ds is the best solution to go for.. i doubt NS will sell for 200-300 euros.. And i really dont believe it can be as powerfull as the current gen consoles (no hater here huge nintendo fan i am even making reviews for 3ds+Wii u games on my channel)

But right now if u wanna get into Nintendo go Grab a New 3DS or a 3DS XL and leave the NS till the price drop and till you see it's actually worth the investment.
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as far as "exclusives" are concerned, the rumored Mario/Rabbids strategy RPG is the one that has me most interested, especially if it focuses on more minor characters as the rumors seem to imply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Is it? The only new games are 3D Mario, the Rabbids thing, Zelda, Guardians of the Galaxy (which will undoubtedly be multiplatform), Pikmin, and Beyond Good & Evil. Everything else is shit that most of us in this thread already own and I sure as shit am not rebuying all those games.

Of the new games, the only truely interesting Switch titles are 3D Mario and Pikmin. Zelda will be on Wii U which won't entice people to buy a Switch unless they are interested in the other games, Rabbids is... whatever, Guardians of the Galaxy, like I said, will be multiplatform, and Beyond Good & Evil will likely be multiplatform as well.

Now, if Nintendo made all the Wii U games on Switch cross buy, then that would be mindblowing, but considering Nintendo's track record with that, there's no fucking way that'll happen. I'm going to buy a Switch solely because of Pokemon but if I wasn't such a Pokemon fanboy, I honestly wouldn't feel too much of a need to upgrade from my Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not blown away by it. But as launch lineups go it's good enough.

It's really hard to take you seriously when you post stuff like this, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah if you have a wii u it might not seem appealing to be an early adapter, but not many have a wii u so of course for many that line up looks very appealing.
    Again though, if those games weren't attractive enough to get people to buy a Wii U how are they going to get people to buy an NS?

All those games sold well, to people that already owned a Wii U. They did nothing to actually push the Wii U as system sellers. They're not going to do shit to sell the NS either, they're just cash grabs to sell more copies like all "remasters" we see this gen.

Nintendo wants people to re buy games they already own for $60.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-11-21 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    I loved my Wii U and was hyped for the Switch but the more I read about it the more I start to think I'll pass on it tbh. I mean if its gonna be similar to the Wii U in power, like WHAT!?

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I loved my Wii U and was hyped for the Switch but the more I read about it the more I start to think I'll pass on it tbh. I mean if its gonna be similar to the Wii U in power, like WHAT!?
    Thing is a handheld that happens to have a tv input.

The fact it's probably as strong as the Wii U is actually shocking, considering Nintendo handheld history you would have expected it to be in line with the Vita, like the 3DS was in line with the PSP.

It's a handheld that happens to double as a Vita TV type dealio. Not a home console that happens to double as a handheld.

Wait, I just realized there's Mario Rabbids RPG on that list.

What and why

Ugh.