Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And finding and downloading all the games, making sure they're working, finding which settings for which games for stable framerate, any hacks etc etc
    Sounds like any other pc game /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Sounds like any other pc game /shrug
    And that is why people perfer consoles, yes.

Well, thats a sacrifice you have to make, if you want to play the games Nintendo wont allow you to play.

a lot of people*

I dunno so much that its the fact people can plug in a disk and play vs emulators etc which can be intimidating so much as the exclusives and controllers that make up the lion share of console interest.

I know if I could get a playstation controller and the odd exclusive out of japan id be one happy boi with just PC

And finding and downloading all the games, making sure they're working, finding which settings for which games for stable framerate, any hacks etc etc
    It's been years since I've tried emulators but this @@@ was never that much work now was it? You could use some TV filters etc but nothing that really changed the game itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It's been years since I've tried emulators but this @@@ was never that much work now was it? You could use some TV filters etc but nothing that really changed the game itself.
    For basic emulators sure, but some of the more complicated systems need different settings per game and wii u/3ds/switch are still in their infancy
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-02-21 at 02:57 PM.

https://www.destructoid.com/pokemon-...-27-2022-news/

Pokemon presents on the 27th, 14 minutes long.

My safe bet for content would be
    -Pokemon Unite update
    -Pokemon Go mention
    -Pokemon BD/SP GWS updates
    -new phone app for Pokemon
    -maybe a remake of an old spin off?

Not too unreasonable but mostly hope guess
    -Arceus DLC announced

I see people hoping there will be a new gen announced but I doubt it personally, maybe just a mention that they're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    https://www.destructoid.com/pokemon-...-27-2022-news/

Pokemon presents on the 27th, 14 minutes long.

My safe bet for content would be
    -Pokemon Unite update
    -Pokemon Go mention
    -Pokemon BD/SP GWS updates
    -new phone app for Pokemon
    -maybe a remake of an old spin off?

Not too unreasonable but mostly hope guess
    -Arceus DLC announced

I see people hoping there will be a new gen announced but I doubt it personally, maybe just a mention that they're working on it.
    New gen is a pipe dream. Pokémon only announces those in the same year they release and Game Freak don't hsve the resources to pull off two big games the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    New gen is a pipe dream. Pokémon only announces those in the same year they release and Game Freak don't hsve the resources to pull off two big games the same year.
    Honestly I think the biggest announcement that could happen is that a remake is on the way again, like of black and white. But I'm still not holding my breath.

Or hell, maybe another Let's go game.

But I expect it to be rather tame. My highest hope is Arceus DLC, which I would expect would revolve around more trainer battles since so many characters comment on it post-game.

And perhaps a new area to explore that's only accessible now due to more cooperation with Pokemon and humans.

Honestly I think the biggest announcement that could happen is that a remake is on the way again, like of black and white. But I'm still not holding my breath.

But I expect it to be rather tame. My highest hope is Arceus DLC, which I would expect would revolve around more trainer battles since so many characters comment on it post-game.

And perhaps a new area to explore that's only accessible now due to more cooperation with Pokemon and humans.
    They won't do two remakes in the same gen. BW remakes will come in gen 9 at the earliest, but more likely they'll come in gen 10 (since HGSS remakes have come out in even numbered generations that are double of thw original generation's number).

Dunno if Lets Go Johto is possibility. That felt like an one off experiment in trying to convert Go players into Switch players.

Hope not. Imo trainer battles were really weak in the game. Not because they're so few, but because they were basically all 3v1s and because levels felt entirely irrelevant in the game (50 levels difference seemed to make no difference for enemies). Don't think there is much they can really improve upon in just a DLC like Sword/Shield could with the wild area, but rather evolve the formula in its entirety further in a new installment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I would guess maybe not a new gen but only due to delays because of the pandemic. Otherwise this would be the year for it since they’ve been releasing three years apart and Sword/Shield came out in 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Hope not. Imo trainer battles were really weak in the game. Not because they're so few, but because they were basically all 3v1s and because levels felt entirely irrelevant in the game (50 levels difference seemed to make no difference for enemies). Don't think there is much they can really improve upon in just a DLC like Sword/Shield could with the wild area, but rather evolve the formula in its entirety further in a new installment.
    I'm going to make a guess and say maybe the level difference being an issue for you is because you didn’t use many grit items to raise the effort levels of your Pokémon. In the beginning it’s harsh but once you start working on their effort levels it starts to become a more balanced, strategic game.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I'm going to make a guess and say maybe the level difference being an issue for you is because you didn’t use many grit items to raise the effort levels of your Pokémon. In the beginning it’s harsh but once you start working on their effort levels it starts to become a more balanced, strategic game.
    No, i did use them. I still felt like levels were barely a reason for something to not do dmg. Even if i hadn't, were i to go to an early trainer in other games, i'd annihilate them without a chance, whereas in this, they can still do respectable dmg despite being far lower (especially in 1vX battles) and if not careful, sometimes even kill when they go for double turns + weakness. (which they always do, finally)

15+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be gen 9 and its going to be awful and youre gonna like it.

This present feels incredibly corporate. "Log into our mobile phone game right after this to get your first dopamine hit and become addicted to your game!"

9 minutes were spent talking about limited time events for mobile games holy crap.

"We're going to copy-paste event we did 13 years ago! Surely this was newsworthy!"

Well. Free patch updates are nice.

"And the patch is coming after this stream!" now that is also nice.

Hisui Pokemon anime coming. Is it being done by the same people who did the Poketoons? Because that was the only Pokemon anime worth watching since the Mega Evolution specials.

I see that the graphics have not improved.

Looks like Spain or Italy.

The Dino starter is cute.

- - - Updated - - -

I give that present a 2/10. The next generation of Pokemon seems like it will continue languishing in mediocrity. The only silver lining is that we might get a decent animated miniseries. And cute dino.

15+ Year Old Account
    I told you it would be gen 9. Arceus is a spin off

Well unlike val, I will say they look much better than gen 8/arceus. Gameplay though, whew that's up in the air
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-02-27 at 02:30 PM.

New gens stopped catching my interest years ago. I just await the day Game Freak makes good games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    .I see that the graphics have not improved
    Now it all makes sense.
    You probably need glasses.

They're not amazing, but it's a clear improvement

why do people still whine about graphics?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    why do people still whine about graphics?
    I want the largest grossing franchise on the planet of all time to look the part