Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If it's just Zelda it's w/e and gonna sell well regardless. People need to understand video games are not a necessity and aren't immune to inflation. But if they start trying to charge $70 for way lower budget games like Advanced Wars then ugh yea how about no. $60 was already pushing it for their lower budget games.
    Of course they will start charging 70 for everything. Which corporation would leave free profits on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Of course they will start charging 70 for everything. Which corporation would leave free profits on the table?
    You mean like when Nintendo charged $49.99 for a bunch of games still even after they raised their premier releases to $59.99?

Or like when Sony sold Miles Morales for $49.99 instead of $69.99 or even $59.99? Or continued to sell PS4 versions of games for $59.99 some with free upgrades?

This is just a false assumption. Eventually all of Nintendo's releases will be mostly $69.99 but it's not likely to happen while the Switch is still the main console and it's hilarious to assume otherwise. Even Nintendo knows nobody but die hards is buying a $70 Advanced Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Guy who repeatedly got owned by Nintendo over fake rumors of Switch pros says Nintendo is doomed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...starts-to-cool

It's over guys, it was a good run.

Nintendo was doomed so they had to jump to $69.99 games earlier than next gen sad times. Good thing I already had it preordered on amazon at $60 lmfao.

If people think this is a mistake I would be cautious and remind you Skyward Sword was $10 higher than every other Wii game so they have a history of this. Seeing as preorders have been turned off on most retailers its looking real.

Yeah that article is pretty bad. Very little information outside of the vague headline. It just conveys little substantial information whatsoever. Add 7.5% to the headline and the article is pointless, meant to drive clicks on the name Nintendo imo. Also conveniently leaves out Nintendo's relative position in the market, which would be very relevant when discussing static sales vs trends. That "normalization of supply chain" line about benefiting Sony is particularly misleading imo, and could clearly have used some context.

On the possible price increase, I'm surprisingly fine with it on a mainline Zelda game. I can't get all mad. It would be like if they charged 70 dollars for Elden Ring. I would have to pretend to give a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost Trick!

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/statu...46645294895106

Pikmin 4!!!

What a fine day!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-02-08 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An awful lot of DLC and uninspiring indie games for a Direct.

Glad to see dates for Advance Wars and Pikmin, and I'm downloading the demo for Octopath II as we speak, Tears of the Kingdom looks good but I already know I'm buying it, happy to see a bit more of the game.

The NSO+ getting GB/GBA games is a laugh, you can play those on your phone, hell you can play gamecube and DS games on your phone.

Speaking of Gamecube, Metroid Prime getting a remaster is the most interesting thing of the whole Direct.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Wait a second, I didn't get to watch, but here is what I'm reading:

1. Metroid Prime remaster shadow drop!!!! Immediately? Like, I will buy this today and I'm HYPED!
    2. Tears of Kingdom trailer
    3. Ghost Trick Remaster
    4. New Laytons?
    5. Advance Wars date
    6. Splatoon and XBC dlc tease

edited to add:

7. Pikmin 4
    8. GB/A games.

edit 2:

9. Baten Kaitos 1 And 2

I'm not saying meh to that, it's actually pretty good if all true. Basically I feel like the Vince Mcmahon meme.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-02-09 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The NSO+ getting GB/GBA games is a laugh, you can play those on your phone, hell you can play gamecube and DS games on your phone.
    Only the GBA games require NSO+

If you have the regular NSO, you get the GB Games.

----

Anyway, there was a lot of remasters announced ... like it felt like every other game was a remaster.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Nintendo must not be doomed cause they're only selling Metroid Prime for $40.

At least we saw more Zelda. Still not sure how this will differ from BOTW but I'm sure it will be great regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Only the GBA games require NSO+

If you have the regular NSO, you get the GB Games.

----

Anyway, there was a lot of remasters announced ... like it felt like every other game was a remaster.
    It's still ridiculous that they're a pay extra feature. We should be getting wii/wii u or 2ds ports for the price of the expansion pass on NSO.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fanboy girl scream:

Volume 4 will hopefully finaly fix some plotholes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Ah man. I really want to get a Switch but I'm afraid they will announce a new console soon and I'd have wasted my money. It's been 6 years now, surely there's a new one coming right?

I wonder if all these emulations they offer with the online service are going to be making it to the next console. Are the old gen games streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Ah man. I really want to get a Switch but I'm afraid they will announce a new console soon and I'd have wasted my money. It's been 6 years now, surely there's a new one coming right?

I wonder if all these emulations they offer with the online service are going to be making it to the next console. Are the old gen games streamed?
    It's gonna come eventually but it's not like the switch is even that expensive and with so many great games its definitely worth the cost.

As for the old games... I'm actually not sure if they are streamed. I'd assume they are but it's just as believable they are just downloaded to the console as the game files are just that small.

They have been annoying tight with backwards compatablity on some games, only Gb and GBA now, should be playing wii and 3ds games on switch now :/

...so with GBA the hopium is strong we might finally get a localized Mother 3?

pikmin 4 looks amazing and is giving me big pikmin 2 vibes i am SO HYPED

pikmin is definitely one of my favorite series and pikmin 2 was one of my favorite games. i have so much nostalgia playing that on my gamecube and they already showed caves and some treasures
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...so with GBA the hopium is strong we might finally get a localized Mother 3?
    Probably never happening but you could always play the fanlation: http://mother3.fobby.net/

FWIW I didn't think Mother 3 was that great. Good music and atmosphere, but it didn't hook me in the same way Earthbound did.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2023-02-09 at 09:03 AM.

Personally I loved the Direct and I'm super happy that the GB games is coming to the Switch.

Looking forward to playing Seasons and Ages on my tv without using my physical carts and a 3rd party system.

Never got to play Minish Cap as well so looking forward to that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Probably never happening but you could always play the fanlation: http://mother3.fobby.net/

FWIW I didn't think Mother 3 was that great. Good music and atmosphere, but it didn't hook me in the same way Earthbound did.
    Yeah well aware and played it a lot.. definitely more of an experience than Earthbound but I think it's because it has a bigger focus on Story than Earthbound did

10+ Year Old Account
    TotK: I wasn't blown away by the new zelda trailer. It looks like DLC with a handful of floating islands and monsters. Don't get me wrong, I love BoTW and more content for that would be great; but not when it takes takes 6 years to make and costs 70 dollars. Maybe Nintendo is holding stuff back.

MP1HD: Finally? It should never of taken this long. I hope they bring back MP2/HUNTERS/MP3 at some point as well.

GB/A: I miss the days of owning a game and not having to rent them. Nintendo sucks at backwards compatibility
    Last edited by zEmini; 2023-02-09 at 06:17 PM.