10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The way I see it most people aren't going to buy a new to PC just to play the latest game or they might not want to deal with PC jank and just prefer a more simple console experience.
    Me who got a conzole so i can play games when there are thunderstorms or power outrage
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The way I see it most people aren't going to buy a new to PC just to play the latest game or they might not want to deal with PC jank and just prefer a more simple console experience.
    That is basically the only reason not to get a PC these days. Ease of access to your games. No need to fiddle with the OS or Drivers. Just select game, and play.

Price used to be a component, but with the recent situation with Sony, and not being able to touch a PS5 for less than the cost of a gaming laptop, price is less of a hurdle now.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That is basically the only reason not to get a PC these days. Ease of access to your games. No need to fiddle with the OS or Drivers. Just select game, and play.

Price used to be a component, but with the recent situation with Sony, and not being able to touch a PS5 for less than the cost of a gaming laptop, price is less of a hurdle now.
    I'd love to know what gaming laptop you're getting for the cost of a PS5, and if you're talking scalper prices that hasn't been a thing for nearly 2 years at this point. You can regularly find PS5s on sale below MSRP even now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'd love to know what gaming laptop you're getting for the cost of a PS5, and if you're talking scalper prices that hasn't been a thing for nearly 2 years at this point. You can regularly find PS5s on sale below MSRP even now.
    Yes, That.

For nearly a year if not longer, I could not touch a PS5 for less than $1,200. So I bought a laptop that was more powerful than the PS5 for the same price.

Sure, now I can get one for $500 or less, but that train left the station long long ago.

I'm a strong believer in the 'Vote with your wallet' system when it comes to the gaming industry.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yes, That.

For nearly a year if not longer, I could not touch a PS5 for less than $1,200. So I bought a laptop that was more powerful than the PS5 for the same price.

Sure, now I can get one for $500 or less, but that train left the station long long ago.

I'm a strong believer in the 'Vote with your wallet' system when it comes to the gaming industry.
    You bought a laptop that likely has heat issues and gets performance no where near a PS5 for more than twice the price of a PS5 and you're making it out like you got a good deal here?

I could get this argument if you really wanted a high end gaming PC but lmao @ gaming laptop being compared to PS5. Even if theoretically it has better specs the heat issues will never let it get the same performance. "Gaming laptop" is the biggest oxymoron.

Anyways pretty sure the people buying PS5s either 1) don't give a fuck about PC gaming or 2) want to play PS exclusives on the day they come out and not years later when Sony decides it sold enough consoles to finally port.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-07-05 at 02:05 PM.

I'm into the second chapter of the Pikmin 4 demo now and absolutely loving this game and it's vibe so far. I've missed a lot of gaming from being so devoted to WoW for two decades that I completely missed this series, and man does it have a ton of charm.

It's jumped to the top of the list of games I'm inclined to buy this year.

Because of TotK this went under my radar, but looks nice:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/jack-jeanne

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Because of TotK this went under my radar, but looks nice:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/jack-jeanne
    You're into otome games? This is an extreme niche so I hope you aren't getting baited by the review score lmao. If you are though then by all means.

- - - Updated - - -

The best part of the switch was the resurgence in shitty shovelware to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're into otome games? This is an extreme niche so I hope you aren't getting baited by the review score lmao. If you are though then by all means.

- - - Updated - - -

The best part of the switch was the resurgence in shitty shovelware to laugh at.
    lolol at that TLOU ripoff. I can't believe that, wow.

I'm not into Otome games specifically but love VN and have not played this one yet, so not sure if I will like, reviews are what got me interested, reading up online looks solid. I put in my wishlist to wait for a sale. I also enjoy ya novels and audiobooks as well. 100% agree that it can be pretty niche.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-07-14 at 02:16 PM.

This went kinda under my radar because of so many great games, but nice to see Nintendo keep pumping out quality:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/pikmin-4

Def would like to play this one day. Games like this are why I really want switch 2 to be backwards compatible. There are just too many games, some years, and no way to play them all, but there are also droughts, where game like this could be a lifesaver.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-07-30 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people now will fell stupid to get the most recent version of switch as there is a new version possibly coming in 2024.
    https://gamerant.com/new-nintendo-co...-release-when/
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I think people now will fell stupid to get the most recent version of switch as there is a new version possibly coming in 2024.
    Oh shit here we go again with the new switch leaks

"Nintendo could launch their next system as early as 7 years after their last one!"

Wow, no shit sherlock. We call stating the obvious leaks now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think anyone would be upset that there’s a new hardware generation on the horizon after 7 years?

I mean, I got an OLED switch to replace my launch day switch which had the original, inferior battery.

So uh, not really?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, I got an OLED switch to replace my launch day switch which had the original, inferior battery.

So uh, not really?
    And on a tangential note, how good is the OLED? Specifically related to controller drift?

I kind of not want to get it if it does have the same hardware issues as all the previous versions.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And on a tangential note, how good is the OLED? Specifically related to controller drift?

I kind of not want to get it if it does have the same hardware issues as all the previous versions.
    It's the same. Differences are better battery, screen and stand iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It's the same. Differences are better battery, screen and stand iirc.
    Oh, that's....that's not good.

Thanks for the information though, still going to avoid buying a switch then.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I swear I read an article every year about Switch 2 coming next year since at least 2019 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh, that's....that's not good.

Thanks for the information though, still going to avoid buying a switch then.
    Yeah, as they said, same controller at the end of the day. I haven't had issues with drift so far but I also only ever got the drift issue once.

Otherwise, the only other minor things they missed is the OLED model also has better built in storage space and better speakers I believe.