Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    In other words nothing new other than resolution and terrible battery.
    and my usb c cords will charge more than my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so have we goten concrete preformance details? Does this even match the ps4 or xbox one?
    Not even close, a ps4 has 1.8tflops, the max for a Tegra X1 is 1tflop but you can be sure the Switch version has like 20-25% less then that.

Now tera flops don't say everything but did you see the Mario video ? the taxi's in that city looked like cars did on PS1 , and Mario + Zeldsa lacked anti aliasing in those videos + some videos even dropped frames LUL.
    Also Zelda and stuff seems to use cell shading aspects for gfx, probably to keep stress on the hardware down and still deliver some sort of frame rate , if you ask me the Switch is weaker then a Shield tablet.

Definitely not coming in house here for that price, its even gonna be higher in Euro's and for that money I get a ps4 with a lot of A+ games coming out the next few weeks and months.

so have we goten concrete preformance details? Does this even match the ps4 or xbox one? Whats the max supported memory in it, did they cover if the game carts will limit how much of a game they can have on them? Seems they just talked about its price and the games and none of the details everyone is waiting for.
    To be fair, games and price are more important than specs.

"This console has the blablabla chip that can push 234234233552 flops"
    "ok, but what does that mean to me, the gamer?"

It can be interesting to know, and will say something about the potential of the console for ports and future development, but it's not vital information for consumers at this point.
    Mother pus bucket!

so have we goten concrete preformance details? Does this even match the ps4 or xbox one? Whats the max supported memory in it, did they cover if the game carts will limit how much of a game they can have on them? Seems they just talked about its price and the games and none of the details everyone is waiting for.
    Why are you even bringing that here? Nobody ever expected it ti be powerful as a ps4 or Xbox and nintendo never has anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    To be fair, games and price are more important than specs.

"This console has the blablabla chip that can push 234234233552 flops"
    "ok, but what does that mean to me, the gamer?"

It can be interesting to know, and will say something about the potential of the console for ports and future development, but it's not vital information for consumers at this point.
    $80 controllers

Oh yea nintendo nailed pricing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Any word on any type of Virtual Console?

I need access to my old Zeldas / Marios / Metroids.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why are you even bringing that here? Nobody ever expected it ti be powerful as a ps4 or Xbox and nintendo never has anyway

- - - Updated - - -

$80 controllers

Oh yea nintendo nailed pricing
    Its the same price as current gen, more expensive in some parts, controller prices are a joke and the online service better be on par becuase so far nintendo just fucking stumbles around like a blind idiot when it comes to online features.

will our bc migrate or do we have to buy our VC games yet again.

Its the same price as current gen, more expensive in some parts, controller prices are a joke and the online service better be on par becuase so far nintendo just fucking stumbles around like a blind idiot when it comes to online features.

will our bc migrate or do we have to buy our VC games yet again.
    It's pasture payed online gives you 1 free game a month and you don't get to keep it at the end of the month

It's pasture payed online gives you 1 free game a month and you don't get to keep it at the end of the month
    lol. For a company that is about 10+ years behind on online architecture they are a ways away from being able to charge for it. Id doubt if its even up to 2006 xbox live standards with the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    And Skyrim isn't coming until Summer or later. How is it taking that long to port?
    It's Bethesda, it's probably taking a long time to port because they're trying to see what graphical stuff they can cut to keep the shitty engine Skyrim has from going below 30FPS but still looks good enough to be Skyrim.

And this is why they chose not to port Fallout 4, because they'd have to cut too much graphical stuff to get that to run.

The console is trash. The launch titles are trash, the prices for controllers are super expensive abdicate the shirty forced payed subscription is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    It's Bethesda, it's probably taking a long time to port because they're trying to see what graphical stuff they can cut to keep the shitty engine Skyrim has from going below 30FPS but still looks good enough to be Skyrim.

And this is why they chose not to port Fallout 4, because they'd have to cut too much graphical stuff to get that to run.
    Fallout 4 barely runs on the PS4 and XB1(shit even 30 fps is lucky in most situations). It would be 5 fps on the switch.

Bethesda probably has 5 dudes porting the old PC version of skyrim without the piss filter to the switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre orders are already out of stock

few questions

1) why are people so stupid to pre order it when it literally only has 2 games and 1 is coming to the WiiU?

2) Did nintendo give Walmart what 20 units? luuull
    Wait damn...I am glad I am pre ordering retail at my local gamestop

UI looks sleek at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was more than team popcorn could have asked for!

An extra $50 on the rumored price, expensive peripherals, paid online, no great launch titles...what a joy.

Switch it off.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

An extra $50 on the rumored price, expensive peripherals, paid online, no great launch titles...what a joy.

Switch it off.
    did nintendo hire some sega execs?

did nintendo hire some sega execs?
    Funny you mention sega, they hired a Sega exec to come on stage and say "we like the system but have no games to announce for it yet".

I reiterate what I said before this presentation. Switch tablet only with JoyCons, their armbands, and power cord by the end of the year.

And the price of the dock makes me think they'll sell it dockless for $250, maybe $200 if sales aren't up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

Switch it off.
    Seriously? Paid online? That was one of the few points that I thought highly on Nintendo for. Cheap and free online play. I Rarely use online features except for trading in pokemon games. I can't believe they would start going down the wrong path. What happened to cheap, affordable, family fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Funny you mention sega, they hired a Sega exec to come on stage and say "we like the system but have no games to announce for it yet".
    This literally

I was so confused why that even happened

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I reiterate what I said before this presentation. Switch tablet only with JoyCons, their armbands, and power cord by the end of the year.

And the price of the dock makes me think they'll sell it dockless for $250, maybe $200 if sales aren't up to snuff.
    does the dock do anything or is it just cable splitters and plastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Seriously? Paid online? That was one of the few points that I thought highly on Nintendo for. Cheap and free online play. I Rarely use online features except for trading in pokemon games. I can't believe they would start going down the wrong path. What happened to cheap, affordable, family fun?
    nintendo lost touch with reality.