10+ Year Old Account
    Wow....that console is a piece of shit. Even worse than wii right now. I think i will stay with my 3ds for now.

And not a single mention of a pokemon. Just weird.

I will probaly wait till some1 makes a emulator for new zelda game and just play it on pc (with a wii-u controler).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wow....that console is a piece of shit. Even worse than wii right now. I think i will stay with my 3ds for now.

And not a single mention of a pokemon. Just weird.

I will probaly wait till some1 makes a emulator for new zelda game and just play it on pc (with a wii-u controler).
    The Pokemon Company usually does their own thing when it comes to the series. Alongside that, Sun and Moon just came out 2 months ago. They arent going to announce a third version and kill sales.

Expect an announcement of Stars in May, just like with ORAS.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you want to play Breath of the Wild you can get the Wii U version (since you seem to have a Wii U pro controller) or use the Wii U emulator CEMU. It probably won't be optimized for a while though.

And any Switch emulation is probably going to take a while anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The Pokemon Company usually does their own thing when it comes to the series. Alongside that, Sun and Moon just came out 2 months ago. They arent going to announce a third version and kill sales.

Expect an announcement of Stars in May, just like with ORAS.
    Well the rumors were that its same game, but just on switch. And some new pokemon added or something.

One thing I should point out about Xenoblade 2 is it's definitely possible it could come out this year.

They could easily get the engine and assets from somewhere else and then tweek them to suit the game. Could easily cut time needed to build the game

Didn't Nintendo say they wanted to reuse the Breath of the Wild engine for other games?

Also, Xenoblade X, and by extension much of Nintendo's Wii U library, took a long time to make simply due to the HD wall that Nintendo was hitting while everyone else had already surpassed thanks to the PS3 and XB360.
    Monolith Software is a pretty big part of Breath of the Wild's development. Xenoblade 2 is probably just now entering full development. Not to mention Monolith is typically Nintendo's mercenary to crunch games for them and they'll be put on Mario as well.

The reason XCX took so long to make is because Monolith was always helping finish a SM3DW or a MK8. The reason Nintendo keeps around their VERY HIGH budget is because they're technical wizards that help them get shit done. If all they did was make Xeno games Nintendo would have never purchased them and kept them open.

10+ Year Old Account

Didnt take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Monolith Software is a pretty big part of Breath of the Wild's development. Xenoblade 2 is probably just now entering full development. Not to mention Monolith is typically Nintendo's mercenary to crunch games for them and they'll be put on Mario as well.

The reason XCX took so long to make is because Monolith was always helping finish a SM3DW or a MK8. The reason Nintendo keeps around their VERY HIGH budget is because they're technical wizards that help them get shit done. If all they did was make Xeno games Nintendo would have never purchased them and kept them open.
    And on the subject of this...

Monolith is going to need to help them with SMO in a big way. Game looks rough as hell, definitely 720p with no AA at all. It looks worse then a lot of Wii U games actually, but Nintendo's amazing art is saving it. No where near enough polished looking.

Well the rumors were that its same game, but just on switch. And some new pokemon added or something.
    It's not just going to be a straight port. The models are high quality, but the textures look horrible.

This is video shows just what I'm talking about.

And not a word about F-Zero,fucking wankers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333497

There is a Famitsu article I can't seem to pull up, but the link is in the link above.

Anyways, NeoGeo games are coming back to the Virtual Console under the Switch.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333497

There is a Famitsu article I can't seem to pull up, but the link is in the link above.

Anyways, NeoGeo games are coming back to the Virtual Console under the Switch.
    After KOF14 was a hot bomb, SNK got to make money somehow.

You know what, 1,2 Switch should've been a WarioWare title. The JoyCon's new functions would work incredible with it.

Sadly, they seemed to have wanted to appeal to the people who want to turn it into a drinking game.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts:

Nintendo of all companies going with paid online, they've always sucked when it comes to online, so that's a pretty big joke
    Controller prices are ridiculous
    Game lineup is about as bad as I expected, I'll get Zelda for the Wii U
    WHERE WAS THE RABBIDS GAME GUISE?

Judgement: I'll get it when it a) drops to 250 or lower, b) has way more games c) officially replaces the 3DS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Thoughts:

Nintendo of all companies going with paid online, they've always sucked when it comes to online, so that's a pretty big joke
    Controller prices are ridiculous
    Game lineup is about as bad as I expected, I'll get Zelda for the Wii U
    WHERE WAS THE RABBIDS GAME GUISE?

Judgement: I'll get it when it a) drops to 250 or lower, b) has way more games c) officially replaces the 3DS
    C) is not gona happen. Its their moneymaker, since its cheap to produce and it has loads of games

10+ Year Old Account
    C) is not gona happen. Its their moneymaker, since its cheap to produce and it has loads of games
    Honestly, whether it replaces the 3ds depends entirely on whether it sells enough to become the replacement. This thing being a hybrid is Nintendo trying to unify their software development resources. The 3ds is near the end of it's lifespan anyway with a 2011 launch for it.

But 3DS is outdated. It will need replacement.

If it's not Switch I hope for god whatever it is it won't hold online for ransom.

It's a 6 year old handheld with very little left in the pipeline for it.

It's being replaced.

If the Switch bombs, they will just use the same hardware in a "4DS" and rebrand it as such.

People bitching about launch titles forget N64, 3DS, PS2, etc.

That was an awesome presentation. Some highlights for me:

1 - Coloured Joy-Con con controllers. Im defiently getting the Switch with those!
    2 - A new mario game! It looks weird and strange but Im not sure I expected anything less. Bonus points for saying it will be more like Sunshine - a world of sandboxes.
    3 - A general focus on multiplayer games that can be played locally. Splitscreen games are too rare these days and it is nice to see Nintendo continuing to make them.
    4 - A new Breath of the Wild trailer. Man that one hit me hard. I love the focus on story they seem to be going for. My favorite Zelda games (Windwaker and Twilight Princess) had those personal story moments and it seems this will have that too - in addition to the very interesting gameplay ofcause

Im excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's a 6 year old handheld with very little left in the pipeline for it.

It's being replaced.

If the Switch bombs, they will just use the same hardware in a "4DS" and rebrand it as such.
    Well new nintendo 3ds is not that old. (will be 2 years for EU now)

Nintendo ds = JP: December 2, 2004
    Nintendo DS Lite = JP: March 2, 2006
    Nintendo DSi = JP: November 1, 2008
    2ds = 12 October 2013
    3ds = JP: February 26, 2011
    3ds XL = JP: July 28, 2012
    New 3ds = JP: October 11, 2014
    Switch = 2017

Not until 2018 -19

They realise a new handheld every 2 years. But problem with switch is that it cant play 3ds cardiges. Unless they add some device later that can read them. (wich is quite a posibility)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well new nintendo 3ds is not that old. (will be 2 years for EU now)

Nintendo ds = JP: December 2, 2004
    Nintendo DS Lite = JP: March 2, 2006
    Nintendo DSi = JP: November 1, 2008
    2ds = 12 October 2013
    3ds = JP: February 26, 2011
    3ds XL = JP: July 28, 2012
    New 3ds = JP: October 11, 2014
    Switch = 2017

Not until 2018 -19

They realise a new handheld every 2 years. But problem with switch is that it cant play 3ds cardiges. Unless they add some device later that can read them. (wich is quite a posibility)
    New 3DS only has a handful of exclusive games on it and shouldn't really be seen as much of a extention. It is what the DSi was to the DS or the gameboy advance SP to the regular advance.