10+ Year Old Account
    VR sucks anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    VR gaming absolutely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What where they right about again?

The only things they where right about was changing their tune on Zelda and Splatoon TWO DAYS before the presentation because a guy setting up the stage for Nintendo leaked the entire thing on 4chan.

Yes, the only leaker with any reliability was a Japanese stage manager on 4Chan 2 days before the event happened.

Still waiting on Beyond Good and Evil 2 CGI trailer bruh.
    https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2...al-nx-product/

- - - Updated - - -

switch is doing more than wiiu did in 5 years

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

switch is doing more than wiiu did in 5 years
    Its certainly done more for team popcorn, the constant hilarity over their awful decisions have been fantastic.

The switch BOTW definitely looks nicer in that photo.

Keep linking to the person that said there was female link in BoTW. It's not doing you any favors.

The point seems to be going over your head.

No one is arguing the Wii U is a very alive console.

People are saying there is very minimal incentives to Wii U owners to go out and buy a Switch, and it will stay that way for months after launch.
    There is one major thing for Wii U owners to Switch (ha) to the Switch. The ability to take slightly better Wii U games on the go.

After that though, yeah, if you don't care about portability, then you don't have much incentive to go after a Switch until Fall, or until Summer depending on what else is going to come out before then.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep linking to the person that said there was female link in BoTW. It's not doing you any favors.
    And yet, nearly everything in that blog post was confirmed.

I think the only thing that wasn't confirmed was the cooling being noisy?

Gonna have to look that one up.

while link isnt female they specifically designed him to be more androgynous and she was right about voice acting
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    at launch or launch year?

no

give it like 2-3 years like the wiiU and maybe it'll have a decent library by then.
    how about we finally get the ability to keep our vc titles, i wont be buying any on switch if i have to rebuy ones from previous consoles.

Gonna have to wonder if Nintendo is going to do a relaunch in the fall alongside SMO's launch.

- - - Updated - - -

while link isnt female they specifically designed him to be more androgynous and she was right about voice acting
    And Zelda wears similar clothing to Link so it makes sense one of their sources may think that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    how about we finally get the ability to keep our vc titles, i wont be buying any on switch if i have to rebuy ones from previous consoles.
    As rumors have stated, I fully expect an upgrade fee.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    And yet, nearly everything in that blog post was confirmed.

I think the only thing that wasn't confirmed was the cooling being noisy?

Gonna have to look that one up.
    The dock has no USB 3.0 port.

Switch does not support USB 3.0

Switch is MSD not SD support.

The vast majority of that blog was common sense. 720p screen. 32GB. Those are no shit sherlocks when dealing with Nintendo. Battery life not being good on a Nintendo handheld at launch? SHOCKER. 6.2 inch screen, you mean the standard tablet size, same Wii U size and the most readily available tablet screen size on the market? SHOCKING indeed to get that right.

The rest where all reported by Eurogamer before anyone else. The NVIDIA shit in general broke by Eurogamer MONTHS before that blog post.

Now let's once again bring up all the bullshit that came from her mouth...

Mario Rabbids RPG at launch.
    Female Link in BoTW.
    Zelda isn't a launch title(until guy on 4Chan says it is, now it is because of "internal battle" at Nintendo LUL)
    Splatoon 1 port packed in with Switch.
    Smash 4 port in launch window.

Should we keep going? Nah I'm bored. I forgot I'm replying to the guy who still thinks the Switch can match the XB1 in power. Just like Nostradamus when you throw out a bunch of general statements in mass supply some of them will seem true then people forget the millions of shit said that was false.

I predicted a Mario Kart 8 port in this thread well over a year ago, guess I'm an insider and elite leaker because one thing I PREDICTED came right and a lot of shit I predicted was wrong. Difference is someone like me actually says what they are- predictions without trying to hide behind white knights on the internet like I have sources inside Nintendo
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-22 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    VR gaming absolutely sucks.
    No it doesn't? The games out today might not be elaborate enough for hours and hours of continuous gaming, but some of the games I've tried for the Vive and PSVR are tons of fun for quick gaming sessions.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    No it doesn't? The games out today might not be elaborate enough for hours and hours of continuous gaming, but some of the games I've tried for the Vive and PSVR are tons of fun for quick gaming sessions.
    Trying to argue opinions...

I'm sure your grandma finds candy crush "tons of fun" for "quick gaming sessions" as well. It's still garbage to me.

VR is an even shittier gimmick then motion controls, and it shows with lack of sales.

The dock has no USB 3.0 port.

Switch does not support USB 3.0

Switch is MSD not SD support.

The vast majority of that blog was common sense. 720p screen. 32GB. Those are no shit sherlocks when dealing with Nintendo. Battery life not being good on a Nintendo handheld at launch? SHOCKER. 6.2 inch screen, you mean the standard tablet size, same Wii U size and the most readily available tablet screen size on the market? SHOCKING indeed to get that right.

The rest where all reported by Eurogamer before anyone else. The NVIDIA shit in general broke by Eurogamer MONTHS before that blog post.

Now let's once again bring up all the bullshit that came from her mouth...

Mario Rabbids RPG at launch.
    Female Link in BoTW.
    Zelda isn't a launch title(until guy on 4Chan says it is, now it is because of "internal battle" at Nintendo LUL)
    Splatoon 1 port packed in with Switch.
    Smash 4 port in launch window.

Should we keep going? Nah I'm bored. I forgot I'm replying to the guy who still thinks the Switch can match the XB1 in power. Just like Nostradamus when you throw out a bunch of general statements in mass supply some of them will seem true then people forget the millions of shit said that was false.

I predicted a Mario Kart 8 port in this thread well over a year ago, guess I'm an insider and elite leaker because one thing I PREDICTED came right and a lot of shit I predicted was wrong. Difference is someone like me actually says what they are- predictions without trying to hide behind white knights on the internet like I have sources inside Nintendo
    First things first, yes the dock does have USB 3.0 support in the back. There is a picture on the main website showing it off. I'll have to find the pic I posted here showing it.

I am not that big into actual tech. So I wouldn't really know what's industry standard.

As for Eurogamer, different leakers do have different sources.

Sources and leakers are human, they can mishear things, or things could have changed in the time between they heard of what they are leaking and when they leaked it. I pointed out in another post Zelda looks a lot like Link at times, and someone could think there was a Female Link at the time. The footage of Splatoon 2 could easily be speculated as an upgraded port. Smash 4 port hasn't been confirmed or denied, so we don't know anything about whether they are porting over or just starting with a new game right now.

Did I say before I thought the Switch would match the XBO? If I did, I didn't mean to come off that way. I was hopeful, especially (as I stated before in this post) I don't know much about specs, and was only running off other's speculation when it came to the Tegra X1.

I may have started with some baseless rumors, but I started making sure to frame them as rumors/predictions/speculation after you started attacking me over it, Tech (or was it zito, can't remember).

- - - Updated - - -

USB 3.0. One slot. Right on the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, the English site doesn't say, but the Japanese site does:

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be weird for USB Type-C to not support 3.0/3.1 protocol. Technically it doesn't have to but it's pretty pointless to not do so. They'd definitely have to include USB Power Delivery though as to not be limited to 5W wall charge, and Nvidia doesn't have any quick charge tech as far as I remember.

Trying to argue opinions...

I'm sure your grandma finds candy crush "tons of fun" for "quick gaming sessions" as well. It's still garbage to me.

VR is an even shittier gimmick then motion controls, and it shows with lack of sales.
    It's lacking sales because VERY few people want to drop an additional $300+ on a peripheral to play a small handful of mediocre games. There's just not enough reason to buy one. I don't think it has anything to do with how "shitty" it is, honestly the prospect of VR and what it can do sounds amazing, though it would be pretty limited if the only compelling games on it were all first person, but who knows....I'm just not willing to spend $300 + cost of game to find out and it seems I'm part of a large group who feel the same way.

my vive is pretty awesome. i can watch any movie in a movie theater while still in my bed

you know what would be a real system seller for the switch?

A real animal crossing game

YOU HAD ONE JOB NINTENDO
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's lacking sales because VERY few people want to drop an additional $300+ on a peripheral to play a small handful of mediocre games. There's just not enough reason to buy one. I don't think it has anything to do with how "shitty" it is, honestly the prospect of VR and what it can do sounds amazing, though it would be pretty limited if the only compelling games on it were all first person, but who knows....I'm just not willing to spend $300 + cost of game to find out and it seems I'm part of a large group who feel the same way.
    It's like dropping money (back in the day) the fucking Sega Genesis peripherals for some shitty amount of games that don't offer anything good besides one or two.

animal crossing will definitely come to the switch at some point after new leaf did so well on 3ds. theres no way they'd abandon the series

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from EA's Patrick Soderlund...
    “I only spoke about FIFA today, but our company’s structure lets us release all sorts of games for every platform, so we’ll go wherever the gamers go. I think Nintendo Switch will put Nintendo at the forefront of the game industry once again. Their approach is quite different from anything they’ve done in the past – they’ve listened to EA, Activision, and other companies since the beginning of the Switch’s development, so we’ve been involved throughout the whole process. They teamed up with us because they wanted to guarantee the console would be successful. Doing business with Nintendo is very important for us… We’d like to bring more and more games over for everyone.”

If tendo bundles the switch with fifa in eu and madden in na i think that will really ship a fuckton of units.

have there ever been any quality handheld maddens or fifas? that could be a whole untapped market. imagine sports bars where groups of guys bring their switches and all play fifa and madden while they watch the game.

tendo should make a commercial about that.

Coming from EA's Patrick Soderlund...
    “I only spoke about FIFA today, but our company’s structure lets us release all sorts of games for every platform, so we’ll go wherever the gamers go. I think Nintendo Switch will put Nintendo at the forefront of the game industry once again. Their approach is quite different from anything they’ve done in the past – they’ve listened to EA, Activision, and other companies since the beginning of the Switch’s development, so we’ve been involved throughout the whole process. They teamed up with us because they wanted to guarantee the console would be successful. Doing business with Nintendo is very important for us… We’d like to bring more and more games over for everyone.”

If tendo bundles the switch with fifa in eu and madden in na i think that will really ship a fuckton of units.
    Except that most folks who play those games year after year already have consoles to play them on, and they're not going to leave all their friends to play a stripped down version of the game on a new console just because you can play it on the go (depending on what ends up happening with the smartphone online play nonsense).

Not to mention Nintendo has thus far expressed zero interest in a game bundle for Switch thus far. EA's comments are the usual publisher platitudes about a new console that happens every time. You can look back to the Wii U and all the fantastic comments from publishers...who all but immediately abandoned it when it failed to move many consoles.

have there ever been any quality handheld maddens or fifas? that could be a whole untapped market. imagine sports bars where groups of guys bring their switches and all play fifa and madden while they watch the game.
    Probably not, and I honestly don't know how big that market would even be. And have you ever been to a sports bar? You're not going there to play videogames while the game is on, dude. You're drinking, watching the game, and cheering/yelling with everyone else there.