Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1 million sales in 3 months for a new hardware launch is a complete and utter failure. That's a fact. Let's see you link Sony praising it's sales performance and saying it's a massive hit

If the thing was doing well Sony would be praising it to the moon. Instead they just continue to pimp PS4 sales numbers.

Nobody wants it. No casuals want it. Most core gamers don't want it. It was a complete misread on the market by both Sony and MS to think there was a market for mid gen upgrades. There wasn't and it's clear.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...d-anticipated/
    We need more time to analyze the situation, but it seems that more people who are buying PS4 for the first time are choosing PS4 Pro. I think that’s driving a larger demand than we had anticipated. In many markets it’s sold out and hard to find.
    Once again Ill take Sony's word over yours. Also why wouldn't they lump it together with the Ps4, its a ps4 just with more horse power. It would be stupid as fuck to not lump it with the Ps4.

Once again Tech stop trying to pass your opinion off as a fact. You keep doing it with this and Arms.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone seen this?

Its not exactly anything concrete, but could hint at smartphones only being needed for moments when you dont have wifi?

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its not exactly anything concrete, but could hint at smartphones only being needed for moments when you dont have wifi?
    What we need is for Nintendo to come out and be Open about all this shit.

Imagine the amount of people pissed day 1 if they needed to use the app for Online Play.

What makes me think this is required fully is the fact there is a App. Consoles (Ps4/XB1) can already connect to cell phones (Providing ur Cell Phone Provider lets you make a hotspot) and be playable online as long as the bandwidth is decent.

Why does this system need a extra feature to do something the other ones already can do.

Why can't I just connect it to my phone and be done, why need the app?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-27 at 04:28 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    That is huge.

--snip--
    While huge, it won't mean much if its big open empty spaces.

The thing that's struck me as odd with the Zelda BotW videos is the silence. Is there no overworld music? Seems like it'll get dull if all you have are ambient sounds while running around that huge map.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Here's the actual hi-res picture, and as you can see, it's a fan-made creation based on concept art and this post. There's no way we know if it's accurate yet.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Here's the actual hi-res picture, and as you can see, it's a fan-made creation based on concept art and this post. There's no way we know if it's accurate yet.
    Oh I know, I'm just saying if its Skyrim massive but lack's anything to do it won't matter.

I rather have a small world that has things to do over a big open world with nothing to do.

Once again Ill take Sony's word over yours.
    Still waiting on you to show me sony's word it's a success. LUL @ Sold out and hard to find. You can find it just about everywhere and it's discounted once a month.

Fact: In the holiday season it mad eup less then 10% of total PS4 sales. It launched in the holiday season.

BOMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Still waiting on you to show me sony's word it's a success. LUL @ Sold out and hard to find. You can find it just about everywhere and it's discounted once a month.
    All I see is opinions and claims, you keep saying it hasn't been successful. You have yet to back up such a claim.

See this is how a adult conversation works, you made a claim now back it up. Otherwise accept its a opinion and shut up about it already.

The fact they said that there is a larger demand than they had anticipated proves its successful.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-27 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You know out both Sony and Microsoft are selling their respective consoles at a lose when released right? Nintendo is the only one that has to make a profit from day 1.
    Yes, but the Xbox ones were only at a loss of like $25 per unit. This would be a loss of like $100 per unit.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Yes, but the Xbox ones were only at a loss of like $25 per unit. This would be a loss of like $100 per unit.
    They was at a loss of $25 at the $500 price tag included with the Kinect. The Ps4 was selling at around a $10 loss for a month or so, Then Sony announced they sold more then enough consoles to make profit from that point on.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how exactly is Microsoft selling consoles at a loss with worse hardware at the same price, but Sony isn't?

Also Microsoft just announced they have over 55m active Xbox Gold subscribers. Thats easily over 2 billion in revenue a year. I can imagine a situation where they are making very little money, but I just cant see how this gen is losing them money. Maybe the dev time for the Kinetic was too costly, idk.

I was talking about the 360 and PS3, but its probable that the XB1 with Kinect also sold at a loss. And in comparison to the potential MSRP of the Scorpio next November.

I dont think it will be empty.

the demo was somewhat empty but people keep forgetting that nintendo said they removed almost all the npcs and towns from the demo so that it wouldnt spoil the story
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I dont think it will be empty.

the demo was somewhat empty but people keep forgetting that nintendo said they removed almost all the npcs and towns from the demo so that it wouldnt spoil the story
    Uh, I think they just meant that they limited the demo's play area, not that they removed stuff from the play area. Especially since there WAS a place in the demo with NPCs where you can store your horses and a small minidungeon that unlocks a fast travel point.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-01-27 at 06:41 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

So, how exactly is Microsoft selling consoles at a loss with worse hardware at the same price, but Sony isn't?
    Because the PS4 didn't come with a fucking kinect that had a shit load of R&D money dumped into and wasted on. If you're talking about currently, the XB1 is not being sold at a loss nor is the PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Uh, I think they just meant that they limited the demo's play area, not that they removed stuff from the play area. Especially since there WAS a place in the demo with NPCs where you can store your horses and a small minidungeon that unlocks a fast travel point.
    They did limit the demo's play area to the Great Plateau but no, that is not what they mean. They clearly said they removed all towns, dungeons and all NPCs(minus old man you meat at the very start) from the demo build. Hence why you can see them playing on full builds in the treehouse streams from e3 and this month and see NPCs and towns where they weren't in the demo. They never left the Great Plateau in those play sessions either, yet there they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Microsoft just announced they have over 55m active Xbox Gold subscribers.
    Umm, no they didn't. They announced 55M total XBL users across XBO/360/Mobile/PC. No where in that statement did it say paid XBL users.

Not exactly switch related but I figured one of you guys might know: I looked at the eshop to see about the zelda sales I've been hearing about and nothing seems to be discounted? Do I need to do something special or somethin?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Not exactly switch related but I figured one of you guys might know: I looked at the eshop to see about the zelda sales I've been hearing about and nothing seems to be discounted? Do I need to do something special or somethin?
    I think the sale is only live on EU eshop atm. Could be wrong.