Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nope, same game, just with uglier 3D models.

Might be missing some of the + stuff too? Not sure on that.
    K. I don't know anything about the game but in some form its on other platforms even the 3DS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Nintendo Switch, where you can buy all your favorite $10-20 indy games that have been in $1 bundles(or given away on ps+ or both) for $40 on a cartridge.

If you can't sell your game at the same MSRP if you make a physical copy of it... genius idea don't print physical copies of them. Nicalis takes the L all day on this shit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-14 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The Nintendo Switch......

(Where you can buy games that has already released on other platforms).

Ok I couldn't help myself there a little. Still good its getting more games I guess.

Also isn't this the 3DS version?
    http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...story-3d/90890
    Or is that a different game.
    It's not about getting the games, it's about when you get the game.

Nobody takes a product seriously if it's released as a afterthought. Nintendo needs to aim to get the same release date as the Xbox and PS on games that are cross platform

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

Nobody takes a product seriously if it's released as a afterthought. Nintendo needs to aim to get the same release date as the Xbox and PS on games that are cross platform
    It's not going to get most cross platform games outside of indies and games with Sonic in the name though. Let alone get them on the same date.

It can get some of the more budget oriented games from EA/Ubi/Square/Sega etc but the system is flat out not capable of running AAA cross platform games for the most part. I mean even in the latest Zelda footage we see from game informer it's a Wii U game with what looks like drops to 20 fps when there is a lot of trees and shit on screen.(http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-the-wild.aspx)

If it's running a Wii U game like the PS4 runs Witcher 3 it's not a system looking to get cross platform games period.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-14 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    If the Switch can run Vulkan, which I believe can run on pretty much anything, then it might get more games than people think.
    Not all games support Vulkan, In fact a small amount do.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support

Kiss any highly demanding game goodbye, The Switch can not run them no matter what you do. The next Battlefield won't be on The Switch even if it sells 40 million unit's this year. The Switch can't handle the current version of frost bite. To get the game to run on The Switch would take such a massive downgrade it wouldn't be Battlefield anymore, it would be Battlefeet.

The Switch has clear close distance pop in on Zelda BOTW and it isn't even close to being a demanding game (Besides on the hardware its on).

People need to give up the pipe dream that The Switch is going to have a massive amount of Cross-Platform ports from Ps4/XB1 because it isn't. If it was they would be announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter if they can get the same games at the sametime the Ps4/XB1 release.

The difference in a Switch game and a Ps4 game will be massive. Hell I have already shown this with the images from Dragon Quest Heroes just a couple pages back.

Why should someone buy BF1 on The Switch when its 5v5 in a room compared to BF1 on PS4 that is 16v16 in a open map where shit blows up.

The Switch has pop in issues on Zelda BOTW and that isn't even close to a demanding game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not going to get most cross platform games outside of indies and games with Sonic in the name though. Let alone get them on the same date.

It can get some of the more budget oriented games from EA/Ubi/Square/Sega etc but the system is flat out not capable of running AAA cross platform games for the most part. I mean even in the latest Zelda footage we see from game informer it's a Wii U game with what looks like drops to 20 fps when there is a lot of trees and shit on screen.(http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-the-wild.aspx)

If it's running a Wii U game like the PS4 runs Witcher 3 it's not a system looking to get cross platform games period.
    I know that, even the current EA frostbite engine doesn't run on the Switch and the next EA game that's being released iis based on the last gen consoles.

But my argument is that the number of games, even if downgraded, doesn't mater if the release date is later then what's released on other consoles.

Hell I have already shown this with the images from Dragon Quest Heroes just a couple pages back.
    Yes, the Switch is getting the PS3 version of 1 and the Vita version of 2 ported to it... Not the PS4 version of either. People are still under delusions about Switch power, it is what it is. It's about as strong as a Sony handheld would be if they wanted to make a Vita successor. AAA console machine it is not.

But my argument is that the number of games, even if downgraded, doesn't mater if the release date is later then what's released on other consoles.
    And I'm saying you are 100% wrong on this.

It matter's a great deal even more so when they are going to cost the same amount. Why buy X for The Switch for $60 when it looks and run's worse then the PS4/PC/XB1 version for the same price.

If they wait and get it at a later date, Then the question is. Why Buy X on The Switch for $50-$60 when I can buy the Ps4 version for $25.

The Switch isn't getting major AAA Cross-Platform games. The system is too weak to run them and many dev's have already came out about that.

As It stands and due to lack of power The Switch is going to be the 2nd console for a vast majority of people. Unless the games that do get a port have some massive exclusive bonus goodie its not going to sell well on it.

Mobile isn't enough of a selling point when the game at max will last 3 hours.

Edit: Hell I plan to get a Switch, I have zero plains to ever use it mobile.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-14 at 11:50 AM.

Not all games support Vulkan, In fact a small amount do.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support

Kiss any highly demanding game goodbye, The Switch can not run them no matter what you do. The next Battlefield won't be on The Switch even if it sells 40 million unit's this year. The Switch can't handle the current version of frost bite. To get the game to run on The Switch would take such a massive downgrade it wouldn't be Battlefield anymore, it would be Battlefeet.

The Switch has clear close distance pop in on Zelda BOTW and it isn't even close to being a demanding game (Besides on the hardware its on).

People need to give up the pipe dream that The Switch is going to have a massive amount of Cross-Platform ports from Ps4/XB1 because it isn't. If it was they would be announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter if they can get the same games at the sametime the Ps4/XB1 release.

The difference in a Switch game and a Ps4 game will be massive. Hell I have already shown this with the images from Dragon Quest Heroes just a couple pages back.

Why should someone buy BF1 on The Switch when its 5v5 in a room compared to BF1 on PS4 that is 16v16 in a open map where shit blows up.
    I agree, and I don't understand that anyone would think that this was something Nintendo would go for at any time in the NX development stage either. The Switch will get a good line of Nintendo games, ports of older third party AAA-games (depending on the popularity of the device), and a billion mobile/indie games.
    I think that's fine! I want to have a good portable device, and I don't game a lot on the couch.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I agree, and I don't understand that anyone would think that this was something Nintendo would go for at any time in the NX development stage either. The Switch will get a good line of Nintendo games, ports of older third party AAA-games (depending on the popularity of the device), and a billion mobile/indie games.
    I think that's fine! I want to have a good portable device, and I don't game a lot on the couch.
    What I don't get is why people think The Switch is going to deliver PS4/XB1/PC quality gaming when its a mobile device.

Lets say for giggles that its CPU is as powerful as a PS4. It still has no where near the Ram and the GPU will still be lacking. The system is its own bottleneck. Its also once again mobile. So there is heating issues that would need to be taken care of.

The PS4 runs a average of 30C (If I recall correct). No one is going to sit there with a mobile device that is running 30C and the device itself will melt if it ran that hot.

Like I been saying. Its a amazing Handheld Console, Its a lackluster Home Console. Nintendo should have marketed it as a 3DS replacement and just swept the Wii-U under the rug. Now that they are marketing it as a Home Console people expect Home Console quality.

The Switch is not going to have current gen Home Console Quality. At Best it will have last gen home console quality.

Here is a example of that.

The Wii-U was more powerful then the PS3 and yet run Watch Dogs much worse. The Switch won't be any different and in fact it will be much worse in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

The Switch has pop in issues on Zelda BOTW and that isn't even close to a demanding game.
    I don't think graphics mater that much in the end, as long as it looks and feels ''ok'' the avg consumer will be looking at the price and release dates. The Xbox started catching up to the PS4 in sales after Microsoft learned the same lesson Sony had to learn with the PS3 that price maters and that being more expensive then the other guy doesn't help.

I don't think the Switch will be doing that much better then the Wii U, the Wii U did well at first as well because all of the fanboys bought it (just like now). And ignoring the the Xbox and PS players is a grave mistake from Nintendo's part that didn't learn anything from the Wii attachment rates.

I don't think graphics mater that much in the end, as long as it looks and feels ''ok'' the avg consumer will be looking at the price and release dates. The Xbox started catching up to the PS4 in sales after Microsoft learned the same lesson Sony had to learn with the PS3 that price maters and that being more expensive then the other guy doesn't help.
    The Xbox One never cough up to the Ps4 in sells. The PS4 still has outsold the XB1 2:1.

Even on Console gaming graphic's matters a lot to a lot of people. Its one of the main reasons people upgrade from a PS3/Xbox360 to a PS4/XB1. The difference between The XB1 to the PS4 is small.

The difference between a Switch to a XB1 (The weaker of the current systems) will be massive. Like I said this will be a 2nd system to a lot of people. No AAA company is going to try to force people to buy X on Y over Z.

The Switch is no getting major AAA games, that is the reality of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, the Switch is getting the PS3 version of 1 and the Vita version of 2 ported to it... Not the PS4 version of either. People are still under delusions about Switch power, it is what it is. It's about as strong as a Sony handheld would be if they wanted to make a Vita successor. AAA console machine it is not.
    I still have people claiming this thing will be close to a ps4...still. Even now. The delusion is still real.

Like I been saying. Its a amazing Handheld Console, Its a lackluster Home Console. Nintendo should have marketed it as a 3DS replacement and just swept the Wii-U under the rug. Now that they are marketing it as a Home Console people expect Home Console quality.

The Switch is not going to have current gen Home Console Quality. At Best it will have last gen home console quality.

Well, to be fair, they're marketing it as an all-round console. The videos show them playing it in their laps, or gathered around the console on a table somewhere, just as much as the "I'm playing alone on my big TV"-scenario. I think Nintendo said something like "this is a home console", but I think they just don't want to "scare" people (or investors) by almost admitting that they are giving up the home console products.

hm, just thought of something. If this console is successful, it might be good for the industry. That games that don't have 200-500 million dollar budgets can still be very popular instead of becoming totally overshadowed and forgotten by the AAA-titles for pc/ps/xb.
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, to be fair, they're marketing it as an all-round console.
    This isn't quite true, They are marketing it as a home console you can take on the go and keep the home console experience.

So far with everything we know its not even close to being a Home Console experience even while at home.

You need another device to use key features of the system.
    Its underpowered.
    It will be lacking Cross-Platform AAA games.

The home console experience its giving people is 2007 Ps3 level's of experience. Don't get me wrong the PS3/Xbox360 was great.....10 years ago.

I want the switch to do well I really do and it just mite. But people need to lower what they expect the system will do because its not going to give you the PS4 level of gaming on the go.

That fate was sealed when you needed a fucken app to use any social features(and maybe online gaming).

The Xbox One never cough up to the Ps4 in sells. The PS4 still has outsold the XB1 2:1.

Even on Console gaming graphic's matters a lot to a lot of people. Its one of the main reasons people upgrade from a PS3/Xbox360 to a PS4/XB1. The difference between The XB1 to the PS4 is small.
    Well, the performance difference between them is just one of many factors.
    - Nobody cared about the Kinect, and it made the console 100 bucks more expensive.
    - Released a lot later than the ps4 in many countries.
    - Terrible marketing ("Check out my new game console. Let's watch some foootbaallll on TV").
    - Lack of titles making it worth the purchase at first.

It's hard to win when you get that kind of shitty start.
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, the performance difference between them is just one of many factors.
    - Nobody cared about the Kinect, and it made the console 100 bucks more expensive.
    - Released a lot later than the ps4 in many countries.
    - Terrible marketing ("Check out my new game console. Let's watch some foootbaallll on TV").
    - Lack of titles making it worth the purchase at first.

It's hard to win when you get that kind of shitty start.
    Oh ya there is many reasons why the XB1 did bad.

But for compassion sake lets look at The Switch Vs the PS4/XB1.

The XB1/PS4 is cheaper and even comes with a game (or 2+ games)
    The Hardware is better (Bigger HD, Better performance)
    Both already have a huge library of games.
    Active Online Community's.
    Built in Social features (like party chat)

The Switch has.......
    Mobility....
    Nintendo....
    A Smart Device App...

Them marketing it as a home console that puts it head to head with PS4/XB1 and that is not a battle they can win. Like they couldn't even bundle 1,2 Switch in the fucken system. Who is going to spend $50 for that, I wouldn't spend $5 on it.

This isn't quite true, They are marketing it as a home console you can take on the go and keep the home console experience.
    So far with everything we know its not even close to being a Home Console experience even while at home.
    I guess that "experience" is in the eye of the beholder, unless they've said "You're gonna get the best graphics and still carry it around". As far as I can remember, they haven't really said much of it's graphically capability compared to the competition, other than that the games look beautiful, and they do. If people expect PC graphics, they're fooling themselves, because nowhere is that shown on any marketing material. It is a home console experience, if you define that as sitting in your living room with a comfortable controller in your hand, playing on the big TV.
    Mother pus bucket!

It is a home console experience, if you define that as sitting in your living room with a comfortable controller in your hand, playing on the big TV.
    By that logic the same experience can be gained by just hooking a tablet up to my tv..........................

"Snap"

There is a level of experience people expect from there Home Console device in 2017 (That was proven in 2013 when Microsoft tried to pull the stunt they did with XB1).

The Switch will not give the same experience, Therefor people will be pissed.

By that logic the same experience can be gained by just hooking a tablet up to my tv..........................

"Snap"

There is a level of experience people expect from there Home Console device in 2017 (That was proven in 2013 when Microsoft tried to pull the stunt they did with XB1).

The Switch will not give the same experience, Therefor people will be pissed.
    Well, by that logic, you can also say that Nintendo doesn't have either a home console or portable one at the moment, since the 3DS has outdated graphics hardware as well compared to recent cellphones and tablets. But sure, I can believe that Nvidia or any other maker gaming-oriented tablets could claim that the device is ready to give a "home console experience" without trying to bullshit anyone. As I said, the term itself is kinda loose, and us discussing just that is an indication that the best graphics performance available is not necessarily a condition.
    Personally, I think that very people are going to buy a Switch, expecting the newest AAA-titles to become available for it. Perhaps a kid that doesn't know anything about hardware will nag their gaming-ignorant parents about the new Battlefield or Call of Duty game in the future, and return disappointed from the store, but I don't think that Nintendo can do anything about that either. I wanted Amiga games for my shitty 286 with a monochrome screen when I was young, but I got over it.
    Mother pus bucket!