Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    a video
    Something keeps telling me that all this talk about a special trick is going to be hilariously disappointing. I fully expect the "trick" to be that you just don't see any of the story you don't play. I desperately hope that's the case, because then I'd be able to laugh at Aonuma for having an idea for 20+ years that was done fifty thousand times better in fucking Chrono Trigger 20+ years ago.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Does anyone know where I can order the darn thing, it's like sold out EVERYWHERE. I won't be able to get it for like a week, but still.
    Where are you from?

- - - Updated - - -

Also ordered mine today bundled with a pro controller, travel kit and Zelda. I chose the version with the Neon colors, they kinda bring me back to the Nintendo 64 days which was my first console. :>

Saved 70 bucks on the bundle so it is technically just a free game / controller

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I'd be able to laugh at Aonuma for having an idea for 20+ years that was done fifty thousand times better in fucking Chrono Trigger 20+ years ago.
    One of the games I want on the eshop.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    One of the games I want on the eshop.
    You can just get it on your phone.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

You can just get it on your phone.
    Phone, vita, psp, ps3, ps2, ps1, snes, emulator...

But it's the cool thing to do, port beg everything to the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Phone, vita, psp, ps3, ps2, ps1, snes, emulator...

But it's the cool thing to do, port beg everything to the Switch.
    DS too (and since the 3DS is backwards compatible...).

DS too (and since the 3DS is backwards compatible...).
    Shit, I'm pretty sure it was on the GBA too LOL.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/disgaea-5...-may-26-europe

Disgaea 5 Complete launching for the Switch in North America on May 23rd, May 26th Europe.

Will include English and Japanese audio, and English and French text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just need a good Dragonquest game to be North American in the fist 8 months and ill be extremely happy. Hopefully they can have one localized by Christmas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2017/02/disgaea-5...-may-26-europe

Disgaea 5 Complete launching for the Switch in North America on May 23rd, May 26th Europe.

Will include English and Japanese audio, and English and French text.
    Well I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday.
    Yeah, a girlfriend. I, on the other hand, am a bit disappointed. It's a launch title for Japan, and it's already been localized over a year ago. Other than Zelda and Xenoblade 2, it's the only Switch game I'm interested in that should be coming out this year (and I REALLY doubt Xenoblade 2 is coming out this year, especially in America).

It's a launch title for Japan, and it's already been localized over a year ago. .
    They still have to program the localization into the Switch version. NISA has 0 programmers on staff, all the technical stuff has to be handled by the Japanese studio and it's no surprise the west doesn't get their priority there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, a girlfriend. I, on the other hand, am a bit disappointed. It's a launch title for Japan, and it's already been localized over a year ago. Other than Zelda and Xenoblade 2, it's the only Switch game I'm interested in that should be coming out this year (and I REALLY doubt Xenoblade 2 is coming out this year, especially in America).
    Wut? i am a girl

do you guys think the switch will overthrow the vita in japan for mid budget rpg games? not a factor in its success in the west but as someone who occasionally likes to play some weeb games it be cool if it got those types of games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do you guys think the switch will overthrow the vita in japan for mid budget rpg games? not a factor in its success in the west but as someone who occasionally likes to play some weeb games it be cool if it got those types of games
    Yes, the Vita sold what, under 4 million units? The Switch I believe will surpass that in the first 1-3 months. Developers will then prefer to develop on the Switch > Vita for $$ reasons. Also, the Switch is expected to be highly successful in Japans market which makes it even more likely they will finally kill off vita.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Yes, the Vita sold what, under 4 million units? The Switch I believe will surpass that in the first 1-3 months. Developers will then prefer to develop on the Switch > Vita for $$ reasons. Also, the Switch is expected to be highly successful in Japans market which makes it even more likely they will finally kill off vita.
    I want to know wtf you're smoking if you think the Switch is going to sell 4 mil units in 1 month in Japan, when Nintendo is only shipping 2 mil WW in said month.

Also I'm looking at the sales of the 3DS compared to the Vita and secretly laughing at you.

Most of those games have a better chance of staying Vita/PS4 until eventually moving to PS4 only then getting Switch ports. Games targeted at Otaku have never been release in mass on a Nintendo system ever.

Lastly you should check how many Vita's are actually sold in Japan because it's not 4 mil.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-18 at 10:42 AM.

According to the leaks, it's looking like digital purchases are tied to your account now. Still not sure if I want to cancel my cheaper Amazon game preorders in order to go full digital like I do with everything else. I don't see myself ever selling my games - so the whole re-sell aspect of physical doesn't matter to me. I wish there was information on how games on sd cards are handled and whether the console reads off them as fast as a game cart. I also wonder if there's any issues with swapping them in and out - because I imagine I would eventually need a couple 128gb ones sometime down the road.

I want everything I've bought previously tied to my account.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I want everything I've bought previously tied to my account.
    nope

you gotta re buy it again for the switch then you can have it tied to your account

great isn't it?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    nope

you gotta re buy it again for the switch then you can have it tied to your account

great isn't it?
    You don't know that, but you are probably right.