Docked mode has lots of performance issues, randomly dropping to 20fps.

Preferred mode is portable where it stay's at a locked 30fps. This is with the day 1 patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    another reason not to buy a console day one

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

console edition

I still remember when my xbox cable exploded lol

and when my Wii froze for eternity or when my gamecube straight up died lol
    Can you post a screen shot of this?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I didn't buy one but here is the reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ne_died_a_sec/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I didn't buy one but here is the reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ne_died_a_sec/
    Wow...

Here is the screenshot for anyone not wanting to click the link.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I guess since it can blue screen it's now officially a tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lady's and gents its here.

(Docked mode has lots of performance issues, randomly dropping to 20fps.

Preferred mode is portable where it stay's at a locked 30fps. This is with the day 1 patch.)
    Yea TLDR mode:

Versions almost identical settings wise outside of resolution in the 2 modes. Minor AF upgrade in docked but AF is bad in both versions.

Framerate jank as hell in docked and smooth in portable.

They don't have the Wii U version yet to compare but I'm pretty sure it has the same FR issues as docked and it's visuals will be an exact 1:1 match with portable.

I think the game is CPU bound and Nintendo made a mistake trying to force 900p on docked mode. If it was gpu issues then the portable version would be the one running like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea TLDR mode:

Versions almost identical settings wise outside of resolution in the 2 modes. Minor AF upgrade in docked but AF is bad in both versions.

Framerate jank as hell in docked and smooth in portable.

They don't have the Wii U version yet to compare but I'm pretty sure it has the same FR issues as docked and it's visuals will be an exact 1:1 match with portable.
    Yep kinda makes playing in portable mode a must, Even BloodBorne didn't have this much issue.

so there's no way to make it 720p docked?

so there's no way to make it 720p docked?
    Nope.

Switch is out and already a game that tax's the hardware, can't wait to see how Splatoon and MK8 run.

Nope.

Switch is out and already a game that tax's the hardware, can't wait to see how Splatoon and MK8 run.
    Splatoon and Mario Kart are not games that can have performance issues, they will be a locked 60 even if Splatoon 2 has to stay in it's current 720p state to do it.

FWIW played both at the Switch event in SF and they where the same 100% 60 fps as they where on Wii U. MK8 was 1080p and Splatoon 2 was 720p.

Splatoon and Mario Kart are not games that can have performance issues, they will be a locked 60 even if Splatoon 2 has to stay in it's current 720p state to do it.

FWIW played both at the Switch event in SF and they where the same 100% 60 fps as they where on Wii U. MK8 was 1080p and Splatoon 2 was 720p.

I wonder how well Skyrim will run LOL, If anyone think's this is running the Remaster version I got a sea side house in Kentucky to sell them.

I wonder how well Skyrim will run LOL, If anyone think's this is running the Remaster version I got a sea side house in Kentucky to sell them.
    The true test will be the Skyrim PS3 vs Switch FR comparison LOL

The true test will be the Skyrim PS3 vs Switch FR comparison LOL
    Roflmao.....

Mine arrived this morning. Booted up BotW and BLUE FUCKING SCREEN. Not impressed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mine arrived this morning. Booted up BotW and BLUE FUCKING SCREEN. Not impressed so far.
    Its the 360 all over again.

Its the 360 all over again.
    Honestly when I bought mine day 1 I genuinely didn't have a single issue with my 360. But yeah not impressed with the Switch so far in my opinion. However I'll wait a couple of weeks until updates have happened then I'll give a full review.

So I love Zelda so far, but does anyone else feel like we paid to beta test a console? I mean this console is severely lacking in power, I mean some of these FPS drops I'm getting is sub 20 FPS, and did any of the engineers at Nintendo plug it into a 4K TV? Because it looks like shit, and it performs like shit, if this was anyone else other than Nintendo that pulled something like this it would hurt them a lot with their fan base. Only reason I'm putting up with it is simply for Zelda, and yes I know we knew most of the stuff coming out with the Switch ahead of time along with software. At this point I'm not sure what Nintendo has been doing the past few years but it surely feels like they're complacent and lazy considering the amount of games we're getting paired with this mess of a console performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So I love Zelda so far, but does anyone else feel like we paid to beta test a console? I mean this console is severely lacking in power, I mean some of these FPS drops I'm getting is sub 20 FPS, and did any of the engineers at Nintendo plug it into a 4K TV? Because it looks like shit, and it performs like shit, if this was anyone else other than Nintendo that pulled something like this it would hurt them a lot with their fan base. Only reason I'm putting up with it is simply for Zelda, and yes I know we knew most of the stuff coming out with the Switch ahead of time along with software. At this point I'm not sure what Nintendo has been doing the past few years but it surely feels like they're complacent and lazy considering the amount of games we're getting paired with this mess of a console performance wise.
    Seems it ended with iwata. At this point Nintendo is just another game company, but with less powerful machines. I had a good 26 year run as a Nintendo fan, but at this point I simply can't force myself to buy into it and be a terrible consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly when I bought mine day 1 I genuinely didn't have a single issue with my 360. But yeah not impressed with the Switch so far in my opinion. However I'll wait a couple of weeks until updates have happened then I'll give a full review.
    Do not play BOTW in Docked mode, It runs like shit. If you haven't check at the DF video I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    TBH Zelda games have always had terrible performance. OoT and MM where 20 fps all the time, WW had drops to 10 fps on most boss fights, TP and SS had more stable framerates but had major issue with Wii controls and needing to constantly resync which I pretty much put in the same category of performance.

It's just disappointing there is a version of the game that plays better and you can only play it one way instead of both.

Do not play BOTW in Docked mode, It runs like shit. If you haven't check at the DF video I posted above.
    That explains why it was running like shit before it bluescreened.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH Zelda games have always had terrible performance. OoT and MM where 20 fps all the time, WW had drops to 10 fps on most boss fights, TP and SS had more stable framerates but had major issue with Wii controls and needing to constantly resync which I pretty much put in the same category of performance.

It's just disappointing there is a version of the game that plays better and you can only play it one way instead of both.
    Meanwhile all the portable games ran beautifully for what they were. Oracles, Phantom Hourglass, Links Awakening etc. Ironic. I remember when I got my limited edition Phantom Hourglass DS that a game with essentially a similar art style to Wind Waker ran better than Wind Waker did.

Was recently playing A Link Between Worlds on my 2DS and despite it being the crappier of the 3DS line in terms of performance it ran perfectly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-03 at 05:06 PM.