10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6121092/

Sony in 2005; PSP dead pixels are common for LCD screens.

Mind, Sony did allow for replacements if you wanted to.
    And they replaced them. It says it right in that post you linked, so what the relevance of your post?

Also 2005, we've seen major upgrades in screen technology in the last 12 years...
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-03-05 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    On the topic of Zelda am I the only one who liked Phantom Hourglass and Links Awakening the most? :O

Guess a close 3rd would be Majoras Mask.
    Got the chance to play Phantom Hourglass a bit on my sister's DS. I liked it, but there was one section in the main dungeon which I thought was incredibly stupid. Basically, you had to close your DS to print out a map, which I only figured out by googling it. It's literally the only time I have seen such a mechanic being used in a game and it completely goes against any gaming sense to do so. Other than that, it was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Liyka View Post
    Ah then that reminds me of the stupid videos I found of the Switch last night.

Like for example the video a couple of posts above this post for one and this is one of the few "stupid" switch videos I found:

Which immediately reminded me of those 1000 degree knife vs X videos but these seem more stupid than the knife ones since people are deliberately damaging something they've spent £300 on just to see how much damage it can take knowing they might not be able to get another one for a while unless they're one of those people that bought like a dozen of them to act all high and mighty like.

Oh and speaking of not being able to find one unless you wanna shell out more money than the retail price like Darsithis says I got curious last night and checked Ebay for myself and found them ranging from £400-£1000 so yeah no way I'd pay 3x times the retail price for this thing and I'd hope others wouldn't either.
    Videos like this will generate back more than the 300 $ they used to get that Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I got zelda and shovel knight, and I'm eyeing setsuna, but he's kinda right. 1 2 switch and just dance are just non games. I don't think this system is going to pick up speed till splatoon 2, then mario. But that is 2 games this year so it feels kind of sparce. And yes I know there are more, but they aren't system sellers.
    That doesn't make him "kinda right". He said "trash titles". What you're saying is still "lack of titles", not trash. 1 2 Switch could be argued sure, and Just Dance, while not a game in terms of what Bigzo means, isn't trash, it's just not a typical "gamer" game.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    "Lack of titles". Nice word choice there. Apart from wii sports, Nintendo relies on decades old franchises to reel people in.
    Splatoon says hello.
    And yeah, most companies use their well established IPs, what's wrong with that? This isn't criticism, this is just a personal complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Metroid is hardly dead when it comes to consumer demands. The only thing that will kill off the franchise is if Nintendo just straight up abandons it or releases something of the caliber of Other M. It all falls down on Nintendo to deliver a game that fans want, not what they themselves think is a "better" direction to go with. *cough*Paper Mario Sticker Stars*cough*
    Oh I know there's the demand, but like you said, it has the risk of being dead to Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just spent an hour playing docked and had no frame drops. Get over yourself.
    Meanwhile, I got a horse, jumped on it, and instant FPS drops the moment I tried to dash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not saying the "sky is falling", I'm venting my frustration at the difficulty in purchasing the console.

You'd think after years and years of releases that they'd anticipate the demand and they still don't.
    To be fair, their last console basically flopped. It's a safer decision for them to put out less this time around since the Wii U didn't fly off the shelves.

On the topic of Zelda am I the only one who liked Phantom Hourglass and Links Awakening the most? :O

Guess a close 3rd would be Majoras Mask.
    Nope-
    https://www.destructoid.com/eiji-aon...s-420293.phtml

Personally Minish Cap was my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Picked up the Switch on Friday and loving it so far. I'm hoping they step it up with games soon, but happy with what I've bought so far. Everyone I know who got one is loving it. No surprise they all bought Zelda, but what did surprise me was how many of them are loving Bomberman and Snipperclips too. I downloaded Snipperclips and my wife and I ended up playing it until after midnight. Fun little game and not a bad price ($20). I haven't tried Bomberman yet, but from what I hear, its a pretty good party game. I also grabbed I am Setsuna.

Honestly, I thought I'd just be playing Zelda and then not much else until Has Been Heroes came out, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Especially with the announcement that a new Blaster Master is coming out this week for ($10). The original was one of my favorite games on the NES, so for $10, I'm definitely grabbing a copy. I know people like to bitch about the system specs, but honestly, its Nintendo. I wasn't expecting a powerhouse system. I was just hoping for a good handheld with a nice TV dock and I got exactly what I expected.

Also, holy shit Zelda is huge. I avoided reading a lot about the game as I wanted to just enjoy the experience (and not have it spoiled months before it came out). I was not expecting it to be this big or have so much backstory. I'm not a huge fan of the cooking, but its come in handy in a few situations. I like all the shrines too. They're like micro dungeons with themes. I also like how it seems there's multiple solutions for some of them or extra hidden chests if you look around. I found it also quite fun to kill mobs with the Magnesis ability (pick up giant metal slab, hold above their head, release, collect goodies).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Media already did some serious investigative journalism on that one, after their round of, "WATCH US TASTE SWITCH CARTS AND ACT STUPID" videos.

It's almost like media are some of the very people Nintendo had in mind when they added the chemical to carts to make them so bitter - children who can't help but put everything in their mouths.
    i have a good idea of what they put on it. if it's what i think it is yes that stuff is nasty. my parents used it to stop me biting my nails when i was a kid. (no not tabasco sauce.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Is this a thing? Or was just bad luck?
    Controllers getting stuck when placed wrong XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGROpX3A5A&t=5m5s

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Is this a thing? Or was just bad luck?
    Controllers getting stuck when placed wrong XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGROpX3A5A&t=5m5s
    There's a label on them to show what side to put it on.

So it's user error if it is a thing, but I'm not quite sure how they could screw up that badly. Also there's a little "lock" near the strap, but I'm honestly unsure as to what that does

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Videos like this will generate back more than the 300 $ they used to get that Switch.
    Unless nintendo monotizes them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You're full of shit, I've played over 30 hours now, there's a lot of FPS drops especially when there's a lot of grass or sunlight or cloud/fog effects. Why bother lying? It's an issue regarding hardware optimizations and it doesn't help to fucking lie about it. Rumor is there will be another patch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Unfortunately near me, even Target is sold out. Every target within two hours of me is sold out, and only getting 4 more each on Sunday. :/

Yup. I said 4. Each store is getting only 4 more units tonight at midnight.
    4 isn't bad for a few days post launch tbh. Gamestop stores don't expect a new shipment until easter...

Yeah no you didn't. It's a hardware issue which is affecting every Switch. I've seen it drop really hard while docked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    4 isn't bad for a few days post launch tbh. Gamestop stores don't expect a new shipment until easter...
    Makes me wonder why people still bother with Gamestop sometimes.

Makes me wonder why people still bother with Gamestop sometimes.
    Convenience probably.

Gamestop's are usually closer to residential areas, on college campuses etc and you're more likely to be in and out quicker then dealing with a random department store clerk.

Welp after a couple of days with it I only have one word to describe it. Overhyped. I mean Zelda is good but having to play it portable to get the better performance is kind of crappy.
    Yeah, playing it handheld is kinda fucking annoying (and I say this as someone who mainly got the Switch as a handheld). I really want to be able to play with the joycons freed, but tabletop mode is no way to play.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Wait a second.

Docked mode, it lags. Tabletop mode, it's probably gonna fall over. Handheld mode, your right hand's gonna end up like a t-rex claw before long.

That's just fucking beautiful.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Wait a second.

Docked mode, it lags. Tabletop mode, it's probably gonna fall over. Handheld mode, your right hand's gonna end up like a t-rex claw before long.

That's just fucking beautiful.
    I haven't had a problem with the kickstand at all, tbqh famicom. It requires a flat surface - what did people expect? It to work on not flat surfaces? It hasn't fallen over for me. The real problem is trying to play a game in tabletop mode is like playing on a television made for fucking ants.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I haven't had a problem with the kickstand at all, tbqh famicom. It requires a flat surface - what did people expect? It to work on not flat surfaces? It hasn't fallen over for me. The real problem is trying to play a game in tabletop mode is like playing on a television made for fucking ants.
    Can't charge it while in tabletop unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    The problem isn't that it needs a flat surface.
    The problem is that it's massively off-centre.
    Where it is, you'd need another one on the other side.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The problem isn't that it needs a flat surface.
    The problem is that it's massively off-centre.
    Where it is, you'd need another one on the other side.
    Its not gonna fall over unless you hit it. Dont touch the Switch while you are playing. Its not rocket science.

Reading is FUNdamental. I was in a dungeon genius bar.
    We were talking about FPS drops in the open world. Of course you are not going to get any in a dungeon. Fact is in an open world game you want to avoid that with how good tech is today. We were discussing the fact that one mode is working better than the other when it shouldn't be. Docked mode should be working better than handheld and it isn't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-05 at 10:33 PM.