Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's still fucking stupid that docked runs worse than portable.
    Ummm DQH2 runs worse in portable then docked.

Edit: Or you talking about zelda?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-08 at 08:28 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Yea the guy he was replying to was talking about Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/0...itch-consoles/

Switch sells 10k more than Wii in France. 105 VS 95k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea the guy he was replying to was talking about Zelda.
    My fault then....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Zelda dude. It just blows my mind how the better mode is worse. That's like saying a 1050 runs a game better than the 1070. It ain't fucking normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, a 900p resolution for docked might have been enough to push it to close to locked 30. maybe 540p upscaled to 720 for Portable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/0...itch-consoles/

Switch sells 10k more than Wii in France. 105 VS 95k.
    Nice, Hope it does really well. But I also Hope Nintendo and 3rd party dev's realize how weak the hardware is and stop trying to max the shit out of it.

20fps for 95% of the game (DQH2) is unplayable and a fucken joke. This will be one of the reasons the game will sell like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, a 900p resolution for docked might have been enough to push it to close to locked 30. maybe 540p upscaled to 720 for Portable.
    For DQH2? Nope it needed to be 720p with graphics toned down a great deal. Them trying to match ps4 was fucken stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Zelda dude. It just blows my mind how the better mode is worse. That's like saying a 1050 runs a game better than the 1070. It ain't fucking normal.
    Ya I missed who you quoted mybad.

Ya it isn't normal, nether is portable mode running worse then docked for DQH2. In docked the GPU is at full speed and in portable its cut down a great deal. You would think everything else would scale down to. But all they did was lower the res.

I know people have different opinions on what is game breaking.

But how is running in 20fps (Docked or not) in a hack n slash like this not game breaking? It runs at 20fps 95% of the time.
    As far as I can tell, only being one dungeon into the game so far, is that the game world works at the frame rate so having a lower frame rate usually just ends up with you having a slower fight. It's annoying for sure, but you can still play the game...it still works, there's nothing actively preventing you from playing except maybe personal preference as to what you consider acceptable, which is a fair critique, but as I said it's not broken to the point you CAN'T play but the performance might be bad enough in your opinion that you WON'T play. Can't and won't are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, Hope it does really well. But I also Hope Nintendo and 3rd party dev's realize how weak the hardware is and stop trying to max the shit out of it.

20fps for 95% of the game (DQH2) is unplayable and a fucken joke. This will be one of the reasons the game will sell like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

For DQH2? Nope it needed to be 720p with graphics toned down a great deal. Them trying to match ps4 was fucken stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I missed who you quoted mybad.

Ya it isn't normal, nether is portable mode running worse then docked for DHQ2. In docked the GPU is at full speed and in portable its cut down a great deal. You would think everything else would scale down to. But all they did was lower the res.
    Could have just straight up ported the ps3 version with no upgrades. But then people would be complaining that the Switch was weak. They couldn't win either way, but id rather have smooth gameplay.

If I could fucking find a switch to buy for it's price of 299 It'd be great
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As far as I can tell, only being one dungeon into the game so far, is that the game world works at the frame rate so having a lower frame rate usually just ends up with you having a slower fight. It's annoying for sure, but you can still play the game...it still works, there's nothing actively preventing you from playing except maybe personal preference as to what you consider acceptable, which is a fair critique, but as I said it's not broken to the point you CAN'T play but the performance might be bad enough in your opinion that you WON'T play. Can't and won't are not the same thing.
    I miss quoted you, I though u was talking about Dragon Quest Heroes 2 not Zelda.

If that was the case then my fault. With zelda's performance issues its still quite playable (just annoying) I look forward to playing it in a few day's (when my switch gets here).

- - - Updated - - -

Could have just straight up ported the ps3 version with no upgrades. But then people would be complaining that the Switch was weak. They couldn't win either way, but id rather have smooth gameplay.
    They could have ported the vita version with a few tweaks and still keep 60fps.

DQH2 is a fucken joke and its highly likely Nintendo pushed them into maxing it as much as they could.

10+ Year Old Account

WIIU has significantly more frame drops, but both WIIU and docked are less than ideal.
    Portable Switch is actually in pretty good shape.

WIIU has significantly more frame drops, but both WIIU and docked are less than ideal.
    Portable Switch is actually in pretty good shape.
    Ya Portable Switch is the idea way to play it if you care about performance. Ill mostly be playing my switch in portable anyway, but it shouldn't be a issue.

Make the docked version run 720p as well with just with a few graphic tweaks. The bump in res isn't worth the performance loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt sure, someone said it was a demo.

- - - Updated - - -

Do developers really think that is acceptable?
    Yeah, the guys didn't buy the full game as it's only available in Japan I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss quoted you, I though u was talking about Dragon Quest Heroes 2 not Zelda.

If that was the case then my fault. With zelda's performance issues its still quite playable (just annoying) I look forward to playing it in a few day's (when my switch gets here).

- - - Updated - - -

They could have ported the vita version with a few tweaks and still keep 60fps.

DQH2 is a fucken joke and its highly likely Nintendo pushed them into maxing it as much as they could.
    I mean, they could have done the same on ps3 and gotten close to 60 fps, but at a certain point id rather have graphics. As long as its rock solid 30 with no drops id rather have that, then glorified upscaled ps2 of the Vita.

I mean, they could have done the same on ps3 and gotten close to 60 fps, but at a certain point id rather have graphics. As long as its rock solid 30 with no drops id rather have that, then glorified upscaled ps2 of the Vita.
    Well anything would be better when what we got now. I'm fine with 30fps, I'm not one of those people who rage when its less then 60fps. But ether make it a stable 30 or a stable 60.

20fps is a fucken joke and like I said its likely Nintendo wanted them to max the game as much as they could.

That shit is unplayable, ill get it on Ps4.

Edit: I got a question that I'm sure I know the answer to. Can I hook a usb cord up to The Switch, Connect it to my PC and have it charge that way?

If so awesome.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-08 at 08:45 PM.

Edit: I got a question that I'm sure I know the answer to. Can I hook a usb cord up to The Switch, Connect it to my PC and have it charge that way?

If so awesome.
    I mean....

http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/03/nin...e-macbook-pro/

I don't know in terms of PC right now though, I'd have to check for you later if no one else does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even ps4 isnt a stable 60 to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean....

http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/03/nin...e-macbook-pro/

I don't know in terms of PC right now though, I'd have to check for you later if no one else does.
    It should work I'm just not 100% sure. I sit close to my PC so if its about to die, I wouldn't mind being able to hook it into my PC's USB and keep playing it. I guess if need be ill just dock it and play on my TV. Its just I run my PC on my tv and cba to switch channels LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Even ps4 isnt a stable 60 to be fair.
    That's not a argument even more so when Ps4 is 55-60fps and holds 60fps a lot. Also its likely the Pro is a locked 60fps.

It should work I'm just not 100% sure. I sit close to my PC so if its about to die, I wouldn't mind being able to hook it into my PC's USB and keep playing it. I guess if need be ill just dock it and play on my TV. Its just I run my PC on my tv and cba to switch channels LOL.
    As long as you don't make the mistake of putting the Switch behind the TV, since that's a no no according to the left JoyCon.