Holy shit those load times are longer then the Wii U, no wonder all the speedrunners are running the Wii U version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You are way late to the party on that, I even linked detail's befor The Switch released.

Its a custom X1 chipset.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo....

1) Internal Storage loads fast then the SD cards and even the game cartridge.
    2) Seems to be a speed cap on SD cards.
    3) You can not transfer a install from Internal Storage to a SD card. So you will be required to re-download any data to ur SD card.
    4) If you put a SD card in the system everything will install to that card by default. You can not pick where stuff installs and only when the SD card is full will the system install to the Internal Storage.
    5) The only way to transfer data from one SD card to another is via a PC. Still requires using the same Nintendo Switch to access any of that data.
    6) Game Cartridge loads the slowest out of all 3 ways to load data.

To sum it up, this system was halfassed. There is NO REASON for the game cartridge to load slower then a SD card or Internal Storage. I can kinda understand Internal Storage but even then I feel there is no reason.
    Thats weird. On 3ds game cartridge is way faster to load a game compared to SD card loading time.
    Its quite noticable.

Maybe there is a reason why they put a cap on it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Thats weird. On 3ds game cartridge is way faster to load a game compared to SD card loading time.
    Its quite noticable.

When it comes to the game cartridge, The only thing I can think of is Nintendo went super fucken cheap on them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its quite noticable.

I suspect that's because there's WAY less data on 3DS carts (the max size of a 3DS cart is either 3 or 3.5 GB iirc). Since the Switch carts are based on SD tech, they probably tried to skimp quite a bit on read speed to make the 16 and 32 GB carts more affordable to mass produce (and there's still no way the carts are as cheap/fast/high capacity as Blu-Rays, which obviously could never be an option for it to have a handheld mode). Internal storage is most likely SSD.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Its quite noticable.

Knowing how out of touch and backwards Nintendo is? probably some paranoia about using outsourced hardware making it easier for pirates to hack. Which i guess its looking like it is but for reasons other than another feared R4 which killed a lot of DS game sales in the DSlite era apparently.

-also unrelated but WHY THE FUCK IS THE BOTW ZELDA AMIIBO 50 FUCKIN' BREXITBUX?!?

The closest i've come to buying one of those things since the rumours of a Bayo amiibo but fuuuuuucck that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Knowing how out of touch and backwards Nintendo is? probably some paranoia about using outsourced hardware making it easier for pirates to hack. Which i guess its looking like it is but for reasons other than another feared R4 which killed a lot of DS game sales in the DSlite era apparently.

-also unrelated but WHY THE FUCK IS THE BOTW ZELDA AMIIBO 50 FUCKIN' BREXITBUX?!?

The closest i've come to buying one of those things since the rumours of a Bayo amiibo but fuuuuuucck that.
    Yeah, they're like premium toys that Nintendo is (successfully) selling to people that would otherwise be too embarrassed to buy waifu figurines. I, for one, refuse to be scammed into buying figurines that aren't of my waifu.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

https://twitter.com/instalyssa/statu...11534383423488

High quality, weird angle gameplay footage of Modern Sonic in Sonic Forces (formally Project Sonic 2017) from SXSW.

Still Holiday 2017, still coming to the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Yeah, they're like premium toys that Nintendo is (successfully) selling to people that would otherwise be too embarrassed to buy waifu figurines. I, for one, refuse to be scammed into buying figurines that aren't of my waifu.
    Not even thicc eyebrows are worth that price.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Not even thicc eyebrows are worth that price.
    Ya I almost bought the big guardian amiibo at Walmart for $20. I want to buy these but the prices are a joke IMO.

I know me tho, someday ill break down and buy them lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I think 2001 (Halo) to now is long enough, still don't like it I'm afraid and that's not going to change. I only use M/KB for most major PC titles (RE, TR, etc) as well so I don;t have to use analogue sticks to aim at shit.

And as a few other have said, gyro controls are far superior for me for games like Splatoon, Zelda, etc.
    dunno what to say, but i know people including myself who have played consoles for years alongside kbm fps and have zero problem aiming in either using analog sticks at all spectrums of sensitivity. maby you just dont have the chops to man it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I suspect that's because there's WAY less data on 3DS carts (the max size of a 3DS cart is either 3 or 3.5 GB iirc). Since the Switch carts are based on SD tech, they probably tried to skimp quite a bit on read speed to make the 16 and 32 GB carts more affordable to mass produce (and there's still no way the carts are as cheap/fast/high capacity as Blu-Rays, which obviously could never be an option for it to have a handheld mode). Internal storage is most likely SSD.
    It's just a normal eMMC, but still eMMC NAND can have upwards of a few hundred MB/s sequential read speed (though this is going up to the high end ones). Product name is Samsung KLMBG2JENB-B041.
    It's really more normal than odd. The read speed of the cartridges are probably extremely slow but cheap. Load speed on SD Card depends entirely on your SD card, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You are way late to the party on that, I even linked detail's befor The Switch released.

Its a custom X1 chipset.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo....

1) Internal Storage loads fast then the SD cards and even the game cartridge.
    2) Seems to be a speed cap on SD cards.
    3) You can not transfer a install from Internal Storage to a SD card. So you will be required to re-download any data to ur SD card.
    4) If you put a SD card in the system everything will install to that card by default. You can not pick where stuff installs and only when the SD card is full will the system install to the Internal Storage.
    5) The only way to transfer data from one SD card to another is via a PC. Still requires using the same Nintendo Switch to access any of that data.
    6) Game Cartridge loads the slowest out of all 3 ways to load data.

To sum it up, this system was halfassed. There is NO REASON for the game cartridge to load slower then a SD card or Internal Storage. I can kinda understand Internal Storage but even then I feel there is no reason. There is also no reason why you can't pick where u want shit to install.

I was able to install shit on different HD's back on windows 98 ffs.
    I mean you come come up with 6 issues with any console fairly easily and then claim it to be half-assed
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

http://blog.sos.gd/fried-microsd-car...clarification/

Looks like the Switch melting the mSD card was fake, technically. It seems the person shared it on Twitter had put a malfunctioning mSD card into the Switch and that's why it melted.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I mean you come come up with 6 issues with any console fairly easily and then claim it to be half-assed
    I can give a bigger list if you want. I don't really see your point, these issues along with others shows the console/handheld was rushed. I love my Switch been playing the shit out of it. But it is lacking some highly basic features.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    dunno what to say, but i know people including myself who have played consoles for years alongside kbm fps and have zero problem aiming in either using analog sticks at all spectrums of sensitivity. maby you just dont have the chops to man it out.
    having zero problems isnt anything to do with anything. anyone whos ever played video games CAN aim using analog sticks but you will ALWAYS be better with a mouse. ALWAYS.

anyone who says they aim better with joysticks is flatout lying. thats like saying you're better at pointing with your nose versus your finger.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or its just easier and better for me to use other control methods. This discussion is no more sillier than me arguing that arcade sticks (I prefer arcade sticks for 2D fighters and find gamepads superior for 3D fighters) are better for fighters than using a gamepad. All depends on the player and their comfort zone.

I can still use analogue sticks to aim and can play FPS that way I just don't like to. When I get Splatoon 2 I'll only use gyro controls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    having zero problems isnt anything to do with anything. anyone whos ever played video games CAN aim using analog sticks but you will ALWAYS be better with a mouse. ALWAYS.

anyone who says they aim better with joysticks is flatout lying. thats like saying you're better at pointing with your nose versus your finger.
    Generally I agree with you (mouse is much faster and more precise) but I have seen some badasses use a controller pretty damn well for some FPS games. Same with gamepads with 2D fighters vs pros using arcade sticks.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Same with gamepads with 2D fighters vs pros using arcade sticks.
    There is no actual advantage to an arcade stick over a gamepad though. The capcom cup champion plays on a DS4.

People who grew up in arcades play on sticks, the people who grew up playing on consoles play on pads.

It's not like aiming, there is no input advantage to one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no actual advantage to an arcade stick over a gamepad though. The capcom cup champion plays on a DS4.

People who grew up in arcades play on sticks, the people who grew up playing on consoles play on pads.

Never forget Luffy.

(I think it was him who won with a PS1 controller? Or someone did, I may be horribly wrong here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Never forget Luffy.

(I think it was him who won with a PS1 controller? Or someone did, I may be horribly wrong here.)
    Yep, Luffy still plays on a PS1 pad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Oh for sure and I wasn't implying that pads are inferior in that realm and I love playing 2D fighters on pads as well. Sometimes having a a huge arcade stick in your lap isn't very fun.

And yes, watching Luffy kick ass with that PS1 pad was amazing and extremely entertaining.

Just remembering some old squabbles back 10+ years ago on Shoryuken forums with pad vs arcade stick users.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-03-17 at 05:11 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!