Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Such a project would probably not be handled internally. Almost no FF remaster/port projects have been handed inside Square and are usually contracted out to smaller studios.
    Square handled the PS1/GBA ports/remakes of games but after that they had others handle it. To be specific, it looks like Matrix Software handled a lot of the FF ports/remakes (notably for iOS, Android, and the DS).

They did a great job on the DS remakes of 3 and 4 though (I highly suggest both, if you have not played them....4 moreso than 3), so if they handled a compilation I wouldn't be worried about the quality. Their version of FF4 is, imo, easily the best version available (the Steam version is technically the definitive version of it, imo, over the DS/Mobile versions but they are the same game really). My only gripe with them is the graphics style they chose for the iOS and Android versions of some titles (such as FF5 and FF6). I feel that the "HD" versions made the characters less detailed, honestly. They made them look a lot more cartoony and more...flat. The original pixel-art just had a lot more charm to it. But that's just my opinion, others seem to like it *shrug*.

So yeah it would easily be a viable option to outsource it to Matrix like they have been, though I just don't see it happening anytime soon. One can dream, though...one can dream.

(Note: If you get the Steam version of FF4 you may want to look into a couple mods, though. They did a LITERAL port of the mobile which means the FPS is the same as it would be on mobile, hitting 15FPS in battle on PURPOSE that for some reason they carried over to the Steam port. You can get a mod to fix that and unlock the framerate, however)
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-04-06 at 10:21 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice to get some of the earlier final fantasy games on the store. Maybe the final fantasy GBA port for 1 and 2.... granted 2 sucks, but i found 1 enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Would be nice to get some of the earlier final fantasy games on the store. Maybe the final fantasy GBA port for 1 and 2.... granted 2 sucks, but i found 1 enjoyable.
    I liked 2...but mainly due to the character customization. I love being able to level every aspect of them to customize them to be exactly the role I want.

And sure, you can just try and grind everyone to do everything and be awesome at it all...but the amount of grinding for that is pretty crazy.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I liked 2...but mainly due to the character customization. I love being able to level every aspect of them to customize them to be exactly the role I want.

And sure, you can just try and grind everyone to do everything and be awesome at it all...but the amount of grinding for that is pretty crazy.
    Except for that 4th party member.... give them nothing

Except for that 4th party member.... give them nothing
    Oh..

I give them something all right...
    ....A QUICK DEATH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh..

I give them something all right...
    ....A QUICK DEATH!
    I hated that aspect so much.... it was like WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER LEVELING YOU! And it was always the 4th party member, like come the hell on!

2 is a game I cant stand

But 1.... thanks to 8 bit theater, is 100% my favorite. Black mage, red mage, thief, warrior in party :P

I hated that aspect so much.... it was like WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER LEVELING YOU! And it was always the 4th party member, like come the hell on!

2 is a game I cant stand

But 1.... thanks to 8 bit theater, is 100% my favorite. Black mage, red mage, thief, warrior in party :P
    Ahh good old 8bit theater..."I AM DA BLACK MAGE! I CASTS THE SPELLS DAT MAKE DA PEOPLES FAWLL DOWN!"

Also if you just like hearing stories about FF1 and the like...ProJared is currently doing a full playthrough on his channel...I've learned a lot of stuff from him (such as the Thiefs main ability was Luck which made it easier to escape battles in FF1. However due to a GLITCH in the game, Luck actually didn't work making the Thief class literally useless. So naturally he chose one and named it after himself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh good old 8bit theater..."I AM DA BLACK MAGE! I CASTS THE SPELLS DAT MAKE DA PEOPLES FAWLL DOWN!"

Also if you just like hearing stories about FF1 and the like...ProJared is currently doing a full playthrough on his channel...I've learned a lot of stuff from him (such as the Thiefs main ability was Luck which made it easier to escape battles in FF1. However due to a GLITCH in the game, Luck actually didn't work making the Thief class literally useless. So naturally he chose one and named it after himself).
    Yeah hes playing it, but he needs to cut down the grinding and edit it out. Also he made the thief himself since a thief/rogue is is favorite D and D class.

Yeah hes playing it, but he needs to cut down the grinding and edit it out. Also he made the thief himself since a thief/rogue is is favorite D and D class.
    See...I kinda like the grinding if only because it lets him talk more....it's something I throw on while I do other stuff (like my own grinding in WoW or something XD) as background noise.

Yeah, he made him based on Diath....but also because there is nothing special about him ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    See...I kinda like the grinding if only because it lets him talk more....it's something I throw on while I do other stuff (like my own grinding in WoW or something XD) as background noise.

Yeah, he made him based on Diath....but also because there is nothing special about him ;P
    Except his ability to get a hot wife, JEEZ!

Except his ability to get a hot wife, JEEZ!
    Indeed....Heidi is something special alright XD.

(Also, random note: I just now realized that that the VA for Kain in the FF4 remake is Liam O'Brian aka: Illidan. Yet another reason to get that version.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed....Heidi is something special alright XD.

(Also, random note: I just now realized that that the VA for Kain in the FF4 remake is Liam O'Brian aka: Illidan. Yet another reason to get that version.)
    D: you were not prepared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A literal translation of Japanese to English is fucking terrible though.

The lines in Persona 5 that suffer from this are so damn out of place, thank God they're few and far between.

If you don't have an editor worth his salt you shouldn't be localizing games.
    Didn't say anything about it being good or bad.
    NISA is the extreme of bad localization, there's no need for it to be like that. The other extreme is everything literal.

Though in terms of P5, you fine with kek?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well the character is loli bait and is named after the Japanese version of 4Chan so it seems suitable. No where near having Futaba in my english playthrough though so not sure how they handle her in the localization yet. She was the worst character in Japanese version so not like my expectations are high.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Didn't say anything about it being good or bad.
    NISA is the extreme of bad localization, there's no need for it to be like that. The other extreme is everything literal.

I swear you will find a hidden rare pepe after seeing the odd 'feels bad man' or 'za warudo' stuff put in. Thats abuse of meme magic right there. Thats how shit like Boss Baby happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I swear you will find a hidden rare pepe after seeing the odd 'feels bad man' or 'za warudo' stuff put in. Thats abuse of meme magic right there. Thats how shit like Boss Baby happens.
    Please no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    ZA WARUDO!!!!!!! *bass drop*

Its the best meme magic

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Well then, how about some actual news:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/06...ings-japanese/

Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda said in an interview with Nikkei that they will be focusing more on the Switch than Scorpio because they want more platforms to work on, and they want not only new titles, but ports of older titles for the Switch.
    Yea saw this on another website and and until they mention something specific ,beyond some old ports and 2d side scrollers, you should just take this as lipservice.

Companies can promise you the moon but until they actually give you specifics just take it with a grain of salt

10+ Year Old Account
    SOOOoooo apparently my Switch controls my TV? Thats a feature I didnt know. Not only does it turn on my TV, but it switches which port is active.... I mean my Xbone doesnt do that so it was a surprise... kinda wish both did.

Didnt even know it was a feature

10+ Year Old Account
    SOOOoooo apparently my Switch controls my TV? Thats a feature I didnt know. Not only does it turn on my TV, but it switches which port is active.... I mean my Xbone doesnt do that so it was a surprise... kinda wish both did.

Didnt even know it was a feature
    Really? This was on the ps3, its not exactly new tech, my £30 Chromecast does the same.