http://kotaku.com/nintendo-game-and-...ret-1794696764

Genyo Takeda is retiring in June.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/857553533104672768

Kimishima: More unannounced titles coming for the Switch.

So anyone else looking forward to Mario Kart tomorrow? I am
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am for sure. Gonna pick it up first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I am for sure. Gonna pick it up first thing in the morning.
    Ya I barely played the Wii-U version and didn't get the DLC. So I'm looking forward to this and will likely be getting it early in the morning myself.

Its also nice to have a reason to play my Switch lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ya I barely played the Wii-U version and didn't get the DLC. So I'm looking forward to this and will likely be getting it early in the morning myself.

Its also nice to have a reason to play my Switch lol.
    Yea. I for one am really waiting for the day that a console releases with more than 2-4 games available for it.

I forgot it was this close.

I'd rather hold off for now still honestly, although I might consider checking Amazon tomorrow to see what the price is still. If they have the discount rolling still for Prime members, I might. Otherwise, I'd rather get Yooka Laylee first since I still have Mario Kart on the Wii U with all the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I forgot it was this close.

I'd rather hold off for now still honestly, although I might consider checking Amazon tomorrow to see what the price is still. If they have the discount rolling still for Prime members, I might. Otherwise, I'd rather get Yooka Laylee first since I still have Mario Kart on the Wii U with all the DLC.
    If u got Prime then ya the discount is still there and will be there up to 3 weeks after its release. This will maybe be the last game I get at Gamestop since ill be getting the best buy membership soon.

(Unless Gamestop has some amazing deal that can't be beat anywhere else)

If u got Prime then ya the discount is still there and will be there up to 3 weeks after its release. This will maybe be the last game I get at Gamestop since ill be getting the best buy membership soon.

(Unless Gamestop has some amazing deal that can't be beat anywhere else)
    I forgot to even look into the Best Buy thing, I'll have to do that. I've been mooching off my girlfriend's Prime hah
    I did renew my gamestop card just because it helps out the guy who works there who's actually a super nice person and makes the store actually okay to go to (Also helped that I got the Xenoblade Chronicles X's Collectors Edition "Preowned" for $27, and then I opened it later to find out the game was never even opened, neither was the packaging, it was just a bit dinged up from sitting around for so long).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I forgot to even look into the Best Buy thing, I'll have to do that. I've been mooching off my girlfriend's Prime hah
    I did renew my gamestop card just because it helps out the guy who works there who's actually a super nice person and makes the store actually okay to go to (Also helped that I got the Xenoblade Chronicles X's Collectors Edition "Preowned" for $27, and then I opened it later to find out the game was never even opened, neither was the packaging, it was just a bit dinged up from sitting around for so long).
    Nice, Ya only reason ill keep going to GS is cause I got a credit card though them that only works there. So Ill use it every now and then and pay it off. But I have been looking to get away from them and Best Buy's membership is awesome.

i still need to finish zelda. im not huge on racing games so i probably wont get mario kart as id probably only ever play it with my nephews. after i finish zelda im planning on getting lego city undercover or snake pass since i never got lego city undercover back when it was on the wiiu and it says on the eshop its co op so its a game me and my nephew can play together.

unless arms or splatoon 2 come out before i finish zelda, in which case ill get two more joy cons and arms ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm excited for Mario Kart 8 since I didn't play it much on Wii U, I'm also interested in getting Puyo Puyo Tetris at some point. Luckily the demo offers plenty of fun for free.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/te.../1100-6449617/

Don't expect Tekken 7 on the Switch anytime soon. According to series producer Katsuhiro Harada, the Tekken Team still hasn't gotten their hands on a Switch dev kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in our interview, Harada talked about the possibility of Tekken 7 coming to Nintendo Switch. Don't expect that to happen. Harada and producer Michael Murray, who translated the interview, have not even been able to get their hands on a Switch as of yet.

"Officially, we can't really comment on that because our company has strict policy about which titles we talk about for Switch," Harada explained. "But personally, we've been so busy with trying to master up Tekken for the current platforms that we haven't really had enough time to study the hardware. We couldn't even buy it--it was sold out every time we went to look for it."
    /quotechar

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Harada said in an interview with Famitsu right after launch he was very familiar with the inner workings of the Switch. Could be he's just dodging the question.

I don't see Tekken 7 running on the Switch without significant graphical downgrades. Fighting games have to run at 60 fps and can never drop a single frame, the arcade cabinets are using mid range pc hardware at that even.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't see Tekken 7 running on the Switch without significant graphical downgrades. Fighting games have to run at 60 fps and can never drop a single frame, the arcade cabinets are using mid range pc hardware at that even.
    Yeah...they need every frame they can get. Pros time everything down to single frames of animation, and even losing ONE can mess everything up.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Crap amazon may have just screwed me over on my Mario Kart 8 Deluxe pre-order, apparently free one day delivery is a thing now for my city, not only did I pay for shipping but now there is a chance I won't get my order until Monday. I mean it's not a big deal it just pisses me off that I could order Puyo Puyo Tetris today and get it by Saturday for no shipping cost lol.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170428_2e.pdf

More Switch info:

1-2-Switch nearing 1 million units sold.

Snipperclips around 350 thousand.

Super Bomberman R around 500 thousand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is reportedly running 1080p 60FPS according to Digital Foundry. Compared to the original version on the WiiU that ran at 720p and a really wierd 59fps.

Such a weird number, but it was locked at 59 rather than 60 due to a glitch. Some people can notice it on faster turns and such since the frame is quite literally MISSING where it should be, but most didn't notice. Switch version fixes this glitch. Note: for the most part the game is graphically the same on WiiU and Switch (much like BotW) save for better resolution and the FPS bug fix. There are some other minor changes but nothing major like updated models or textures.

Now I know what you are thinking: "But MK8 is a WiiU game ported over!" Yeah...you are right. And so is Breath of the Wild, so really both games are on equal footing here in that regard.

So yeah...Nintendo not having problems with 1080p. BotW just seemed to have some weird kinks about it. Personally I feel it is more the games engine itself, and less the Switch console, that is holding BotW back performance-wise.

DF Video on MK8eluxe:

As for all this GTAV stuff: I could, theoretically, see it running on the Switch at 30+FPS. 60FPS? Not likely, but 30fps 720p even 900p? Easily. Remember the Switch is stronger than PS3 and 360 were, so it will run it better than those did (but worse than PS4/XBO). Basically I could see it as a better version of the last generation version of the game. Same visuals as PS3/360, but more solid framerate and possibly a better resolution, though not on par with the other consoles.
    I'd be fine with 720p 360/ps3 level graphics with rock solid 30 fps. I'd also be fine with 540p upscaled to 720p in handheld. It would still look decent.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to make a couple predictions here.

April-June sales for Switch has it at 6.5m units sold.
    Zelda reaches 5.2m units on Switch and 1.4m on WiiU for a total of 6.6m units sold to date.
    Arms sells over 1 million units in the quarter.
    Spaltoon 2 over 1m preorders.
    Snipperclips over 1m units sold.
    Mario Kart 8 sells 4m units.
    Nintendo raises outlook on Switch sales to 12m for April-March 2017.

Am I crazy?

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly I think my most unrealistic predictions are 1m for Arms and Splatoon 2. I'm not sure those games can pull those numbers. I do think Switch will sell over 6m by June 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oddly I think my most unrealistic predictions are 1m for Arms and Splatoon 2. I'm not sure those games can pull those numbers. I do think Switch will sell over 6m by June 31st.
    Umm, Splatoon 2 has a hell of a lot better chance of breaking 1 mil on launch day then the Switch does of breaking 6 mil by June 31st. The Switch will probably do 4 mil+ WW in November and December, if they broke 6 mil before the summer they would be on pace to reach upwards of 15 mil which ain't happening. You're expecting way too fucking much out of spring sales.

The Switch could very well break Nintendo's 10 mil estimate by a few mil even, but it will be tail loaded at the end with holiday season.

Splatoon 2 will break 1 mil easy, Splatoon 1 broke 1 mil in less then a week on the Wii U and Switch owners are thirsty as fuck for games, even more so then Wii U owners where during the Splatoon 1 launch. Hell, Splatoon 2 is likely to have a 90% attach rate in Japan which will already be 60%+ to a mil.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-28 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sold nearly 3m in less than 1 month. Surely they can sell at 33% that pace and hit nearly 6m? Splatoon 2 and Mario kart will do well, plus E3 hype might drive some late sales. We will see, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Switch at nearly 4m now.