10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    2 versions? Seems like FRLG/HGSS/ORAS.
    Slight story alterations? Seems like FRLG/HGSS/ORAS.
    Enhanced forms for the version legendaries? Seems like ORAS.

BW2 were atleast sequels, these are fucking Sun and Moon remakes, less than year later on the same fucking generation and platform the originals were.
    Those skipped generations and were remakes. They did not say these were remakes. They also did not say that these were slight story alternations. They said they were alternate stories.

Your only valid point is the Primal Groudon and Kyogre thing.

i might not even buy these games. unless they announce something worthwhile or enough new content theres no way im buying remakes of sun and moon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    2 versions? Seems like FRLG/HGSS/ORAS.
    Slight story alterations? Seems like FRLG/HGSS/ORAS.
    Enhanced forms for the version legendaries? Seems like ORAS.

BW2 were atleast sequels, these are fucking Sun and Moon remakes, less than year later on the same fucking generation and platform the originals were.
    Cover Legendaries from previous games being combined with third member of trio.

Games launching after new Nintendo portable hardware launches.

Seems very Gen 5-ish to me.

Outside of that we can't really confirm anything else about it. Maybe once CoroCoro leaks this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Those skipped generations and were remakes. They did not say these were remakes. They also did not say that these were slight story alternations. They said they were alternate stories.

Your only valid point is the Primal Groudon and Kyogre thing.
    they said this is an alternate version of sun and moons story, thats literally what a remake is dude, thats the definition.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they said this is an alternate version of sun and moons story, thats literally what a remake is dude, thats the definition.
    From IGN's article on US/UM:

"Announced in today's Pokemon Direct, each will offer an alternative story set in the same world as Sun and Moon, and will feature new Pokemon that didn't appear in those games."

Alternate story set in the same world as Sun and Moon. I will take their word over your recollection of what was said.

From IGN's article on US/UM:

"Announced in today's Pokemon Direct, each will offer an alternative story set in the same world as Sun and Moon, and will feature new Pokemon that didn't appear in those games."

Alternate story set in the same world as Sun and Moon. I will take their word over your recollection of what was said.
    thats what a remake is dude... do you not understand what the definition of remake is?

its not too soon, before sun and moon every game was a yearly release since platinum
    Nope. Year between B2W2 and X and Y. Year between ORAS and Sun and Moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats what a remake is dude... do you not understand what the definition of remake is?
    A remake brings enhanced graphics and gameplay. Aka FF7 Remake. It does not include an alternate story. Seems like you don't know what a remake is.

I understand what a remake is. They're not going to tell an alternate story in FF7 Remake...

"Do you not understand what the definition of remake is?"

its not too soon, before sun and moon every game was a yearly release since platinum
    After X/Y skipped it i was hoping it was an idea that died with the DSLite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're claiming someone is making shit up yet jumping to wild conclusions not confirmed based off of 30 seconds of footage of a game we know almost nothing about.

Let's face the reality, you're mad that once again you put your faith in your leakers bros and they where wrong.
    Fuckin laura kate fail. Another notch under her belt of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Nope. Year between B2W2 and X and Y. Year between ORAS and Sun and Moon.
    pt 2009
    hgss 2010
    b/w 2011
    b/w 2 2012
    x and y 2013
    oras 2014
    s/m 2016
    s/mu 2017

all yearly releases except sun and moon

Yea, in 2019. You're probably going to get another set of remakes on the 3DS in holiday 2018.
    If it follows the same amount of time it took between going from 2D to 3D Gamefreak will go from SD to HD, then yeah, it will be 2019 before the Pokemon Switch game. It all depends on if they hit that HD wall most developers went though or if Nintendo will help them through that to get a Pokemon game on the Switch faster.

I'm still hopeful as Gamefreak was hiring for Vita/Wii U level motion modellers through March 2018.

And if there were remakes, it would be Gen 4 remakes, and it would obviously be a swan song for the 3DS. But if this gen is more like Gen 5, and these games contain a lot of Gen 4 Pokemon, than I don't expect it.

I understand what a remake is. They're not going to tell an alternate story in FF7 Remake...

"Do you not understand what the definition of remake is?"
    I dunno what you're getting at with FF7 Remake, but that one will supposedly have an alternate story (which is fair enough considering how incomprehensible the story can be).

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7...hanges-e3-122/

We haven’t shown any gameplay yet, but since we’re updating them quite a bit, please look forward to that… Since we now formally revealed Kazushige Nojima’s name for the scenario, there will be more plot devices in the story, so I think you can also look forward to that.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

pt 2009
    hgss 2010
    b/w 2011
    b/w 2 2012
    x and y 2013
    oras 2014
    s/m 2016
    s/mu 2017

all yearly releases except sun and moon
    Oops, my bad. I don't know why I kept thinking B2W2 was 2011.

A remake brings enhanced graphics and gameplay. Aka FF7 Remake. It does not include an alternate story. Seems like you don't know what a remake is.
    remakes can be complete recreations or they can have significant changes.

this is a remake and it has plenty of differences from the original movie

Then that actually changes my statement. Gamefreak has a much greater chance of coming out with Gen 8 on the Switch in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I dunno what you're getting at with FF7 Remake, but that one will supposedly have an alternate story (which is fair enough considering how incomprehensible the story can be).

Uhh, not it supposedly doesn't.

Adding new side quests or events is not an alternate story.

An alternate story would be Aerith not getting killed and going on to marry cloud and have 15 babies. Not sure what that link was trying to prove but it wasn't your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post

The story beats will be the same. Aerith will die, Clouds still a mopey fucker, etc. etc.

This seems to me like it's going to be a different story entirely. Just set in the same region.

- - - Updated - - -

remakes can be complete recreations or they can have significant changes.

this is a remake and it has plenty of differences from the original movie
    Did you just compare a movie remake to a video game remake? Completely different mediums. You're grasping bro.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Then that actually changes my statement. Gamefreak has a much greater chance of coming out with Gen 8 on the Switch in 2018.
    AHAHAHAHAHA

You're really setting yourself up for it again aren't you?