maybe thats why they have a mouse wheel? maybe it functions as multiple buttons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It looks like it's going to gouge into my palm honestly. Like, it looks painful to hold.
    and I thought the 3DS was uncomfortable for long periods of time... that looks painful after about a minute.

I keep looking at it, and I really, really want to like it. Like I said before, it looks cool to look at, it's aesthetically pleasing I guess would be the way to put it. It's definitely nicer to look at than the Wii U tablet.

But WHERE ARE MY BUTTONS NINTENDO, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CUT MY HANDS OPEN?!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    and I thought the 3DS was uncomfortable for long periods of time... that looks painful after about a minute.
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure it was the original 3DS that used to dig into my palms too, hence why I upgraded several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep looking at it, and I really, really want to like it. Like I said before, it looks cool to look at, it's aesthetically pleasing I guess would be the way to put it. It's definitely nicer to look at than the Wii U tablet.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure it was the original 3DS that used to dig into my palms too, hence why I upgraded several times.
    Nintendo hates hands.

Original 3DS with those sharp box corners, oh God. What a piece of trash that thing was to game on for long periods of time.

Nintendo hates hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Original 3DS with those sharp box corners, oh God. What a piece of trash that thing was to game on for long periods of time.
    Nintendo secretly wants to kill your hands so you have to upgrade to motion controls and swing your stubs around with the controller tied to your hands. Just so they can get sweet revenge on all the Wii mockers.

But seriously, if this is how it comes out, I've learned from the 3DS, it was awful. I'd hold off as long as I can to get the better controller choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo secretly wants to kill your hands so you have to upgrade to motion controls and swing your stubs around with the controller tied to your hands. Just so they can get sweet revenge on all the Wii mockers.

But seriously, if this is how it comes out, I've learned from the 3DS, it was awful. I'd hold off as long as I can to get the better controller choice
    Proof that nintendo hates hands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_...8video_game%29

In Mario Party, certain minigames required players to rotate the controller's analog stick. Some players reportedly got blisters, friction burns and lacerations from rotating this stick using the palms of their hands instead of using their thumb.[10][11]

Although no lawsuits were filed, around 90 complaints were received by New York's attorney general's office and Nintendo of America eventually agreed to a settlement, which included providing gloves for anyone who had hurt their hand(s) while playing the game and paying the state's $75,000 legal fees. At the time, providing gloves for the estimated 1.2 million users of the game who might have been affected could have cost Nintendo up to $80 million.[10][11]

The analog stick rotation has been used sparingly since Mario Party 2. Despite Nintendo's current analog sticks being better suited to play these games than the hard plastic of the N64 controller, Mario Party has not been re-released for the Virtual Console. For the Wii Virtual Console, Nintendo skipped it and instead re-released Mario Party 2. There are currently no plans to re-release it for the Wii U Virtual Console.

Proof that nintendo hates hands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_...8video_game%29

In Mario Party, certain minigames required players to rotate the controller's analog stick. Some players reportedly got blisters, friction burns and lacerations from rotating this stick using the palms of their hands instead of using their thumb.[10][11]

Although no lawsuits were filed, around 90 complaints were received by New York's attorney general's office and Nintendo of America eventually agreed to a settlement, which included providing gloves for anyone who had hurt their hand(s) while playing the game and paying the state's $75,000 legal fees. At the time, providing gloves for the estimated 1.2 million users of the game who might have been affected could have cost Nintendo up to $80 million.[10][11]

The analog stick rotation has been used sparingly since Mario Party 2. Despite Nintendo's current analog sticks being better suited to play these games than the hard plastic of the N64 controller, Mario Party has not been re-released for the Virtual Console. For the Wii Virtual Console, Nintendo skipped it and instead re-released Mario Party 2. There are currently no plans to re-release it for the Wii U Virtual Console.
    What

Who spun the analog stick so hard they hurt themselves.

Why would you do such a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    What

BECAUSE YOU NEED TO FUCKING WIN AT MARIO PARTY! Also it was that mini game where you put the palm of ur hand on the analog stick and spun it super fast.

A Nintendo Treehouse employee retweeted the NeoGAF thread on the leak, but it was deleted.

BECAUSE YOU NEED TO FUCKING WIN AT MARIO PARTY! Also it was that mini game where you put the palm of ur hand on the analog stick and spun it super fast.
    Yeah, but like, if you start hurting yourself, why continue? Why wouldn't you go "Oh, this kinda hurts" instead of "I MUST PROCEED AT MAXIMUM VELOCITY TO BEAT MY FRIENDS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but like, if you start hurting yourself, why continue? Why wouldn't you go "Oh, this kinda hurts" instead of "I MUST PROCEED AT MAXIMUM VELOCITY TO BEAT MY FRIENDS"
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!11111111

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What

Because someone is trying to submit Triple H and I'm having none of that nonsense. Palm spinning the center stick was the way to do it. It hurt so bad, but I don't remember disliking the 64 controller at all. If you think about it, the way we held them most of the time it was the same as controller now, but the Z button took the place of the left bumper. Then it just had an extra bit sticking out to the left.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Because someone is trying to submit Triple H and I'm having none of that nonsense. Palm spinning the center stick was the way to do it. It hurt so bad, but I don't remember disliking the 64 controller at all. If you think about it, the way we held them most of the time it was the same as controller now, but the Z button took the place of the left bumper. Then it just had an extra bit sticking out to the left.
    I spun it the same way honestly, but if my hand hurts, I'd stop.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spun it the same way honestly, but if my hand hurts, I'd stop.
    When it meant letting your friend or cousin win, there was no such thing as giving up. It was the equivalent of literally tapping out. I remember getting some pretty bad blisters from it and having to go back to playing Mario or something.

I always lost in Goldeneye, so I was not going to let anyone win in wrestling.

PS- That controller straight up sucks. Like, worst idea of the gaming era sucks. There is no way I'm playing a console with digital controllers, controllers that are shaped like giant ovals made of glass, or any other nonsense. In fact, the advent of all this VR and controller 'evolution' nonsense has made me realize I think the current PS4 controller is not only perfect, but the right way to innovate on a solid design.

Keep the shape, keep the functionality, somehow find room to make it more awesome. I'm not a fan of the center push/slide thing, because I don't find it very useful outside of being a much larger start button for maps and inventories, but the headset/mic jack, controller speaker, and glowing colored light were all good ideas.

I already dislike most WiiU games and Nintendo's practices in general b/c I need to just spend money on 5 different controllers to play their games properly. No way I'm signing up for that again.
    BAD WOLF

https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cu...22594919804929

Liam Robertson is saying his source is saying fake.

god damnit off by a minute
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cu...22594919804929

Liam Robertson is saying his source is saying fake.
    Didn't his source also say Shovel Knight was in Smash.

If this clown is saying it's fake, chances point to it being real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Didn't his source also say Shovel Knight was in Smash.

If this clown is saying it's fake, chances point to it being real.
    no he heard a rumour, which many other people heard that shovel knight would get an amiibo and be in smash, he got an amiibo so many people assumed the 2nd part of the rumour was true. he never said it was 100%

hearing about a rumour that turned out to be half true isnt the same as "i asked someone at nintendo and he said it was fake"

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no he heard a rumour, which many other people heard that shovel knight would get an amiibo and be in smash, he got an amiibo so many people assumed the 2nd part of the rumour was true. he never said it was 100%

hearing about a rumour that turned out to be half true isnt the same as "i asked someone at nintendo and he said it was fake"
    Oh please, are you Liam? It's crazy how much you defend him when he has been full of shit more times then he's been right. He is not an insider and he has no source.

He claimed Shovel Knight would be in Smash after the amiibo was leaked by OTHER people. He was wrong, and it's not the first or last time he was wrong.