Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Lets do a search to where I said bad...

Hmm, I can't seem to find it, how odd

I said it would sell the least out of all the major nintendo exclusives this year, and it wouldn't to THAT well, obviously I meant compared to the others releasing this year, 1.8-2M lifetime will likely be under the others.
    "or even really doing that well" implies selling poorly
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "or even really doing that well" implies selling poorly
    Again, obviously I meant compared to the very well selling Switch exclusives this year.

And considering Pokken is getting some decent marketing, if it sold under 2M units lifetime I would consider that pretty poor compared to the other exclusives, but please, nit pick more.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Again, obviously I meant compared to the very well selling Switch exclusives this year.

And considering Pokken is getting some decent marketing, if it sold under 2M units lifetime I would consider that pretty poor compared to the other exclusives, but please, nit pick more.
    I'd be surprised if it sold 1 million. Out of all the things to port pokken is probably the worst. It's not that good and more characters isn't going to help it, people will not buy it for the Voice acting alone....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The close ups look a lot worse due to the textures, but actual gameplay footage isn't significantly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

The close ups look a lot worse due to the textures, but actual gameplay footage isn't significantly different.
    Besides the up close textures the biggest difference is the lack of AA on the Switch.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'd be surprised if it sold 1 million. Out of all the things to port pokken is probably the worst. It's not that good and more characters isn't going to help it, people will not buy it for the Voice acting alone....
    I imagine it will sell more than the original though.
    Diablo Bore.

So, what I am wondering is, Will Pokken DX sell the least of the "major" nintendo exclusives coming out this year
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    ARMS
    SPlatoon 2
    Mario+Rabbids
    Pokken
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade

I can't see Pokken outselling any of these or even really doing that well, Pokken sold around 1.3M on Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 1.8-2M on Switch.
    ARMS is barely over a mil WW and has no legs.

Fire Emblem Warriors(switch version only) probably isn't going to sell gangbusters either nor is Xenoblade 2(1 mil in 2017 would be amazing sales wise for both).

If we compare them to Hyrule Warriors which sold barely over a mil on the Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X which sold barely under a mil on the Wii U Pokken beat both. Pokken beat both while releasing in the final year of the Wii Us life when it was dead as fuck. Pokken on Wii Us first month sales also beat ARMS on the Switch FWIW.

Pokken probably outsells all 3 of those on brand alone, even with your prediction for it's sales...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-17 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Besides it being 30FPS on Switch...

I would consider that significantly different for a sports game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Besides the up close textures the biggest difference is the lack of AA on the Switch.
    Half the framerate. No depth of field. No cloth physics.

But yea, only difference is textures and AA...

Been replaying Darkest Dungeon on my Vita and god damn would this be a good mature title for the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    ARMS is barely over a mil WW and has no legs.

Fire Emblem Warriors(switch version only) probably isn't going to sell gangbusters either nor is Xenoblade 2(1 mil in 2017 would be amazing sales wise for both).

If we compare them to Hyrule Warriors which sold barely over a mil on the Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X which sold barely under a mil on the Wii U Pokken beat both. Pokken beat both while releasing in the final year of the Wii Us life when it was dead as fuck. Pokken on Wii Us first month sales also beat ARMS on the Switch FWIW.

Pokken probably outsells all 3 of those on brand alone, even with your prediction for it's sales...
    Uh, the last report for ARMS was 1 million in June, I imagine is has risen since then and will beat 2 million lifetime.

Fire Emblem I could see selling less though as it is releasing in a terrible spot, 10 days after Shadow of War, 3 days after South Park, 7 days before Odyssey and Assasins Creed, and 4 days before DestinyPC
    Diablo Bore.

Uh, the last report for ARMS was 1 million in June, I imagine is has risen since then and will beat 2 million lifetime.
    Look at the damn sales charts. That was 1 million shipped by Nintendo(not sold)

It had no legs whatsoever past launch week. Pokken sold 1 mil+ in march 2016 on a dead console.(yes sold not shipped)

Where is this magical other million coming from? Your ass? Cause it's certainly not reflected in NPD or mediacreate.

The only chance it has of passing 2 mil is a $19.99 Nintendo selects version down the line or being bundled as a free game.

ARMS is literally dead, nobody cares about it. Even the people that bought it no longer care about it let alone potential new buyers. Pokken's sales will literally destroy it lifetime. Not even a fair fight.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-17 at 09:24 PM.

It had no legs whatsoever past launch week. Pokken sold 1 mil+ in march 2016 on a dead console.(yes sold not shipped)

Where is this magical other million coming from? Your ass? Cause it's certainly not reflected in NPD or mediacreate.

The only chance it has of passing 2 mil is a $19.99 Nintendo selects version down the line or being bundled as a free game.

ARMS is literally dead, nobody cares about it. Even the people that bought it no longer care about it let alone potential new buyers. Pokken's sales will literally destroy it lifetime. Not even a fair fight.
    ARMS is actually running even lower than a million from the looks of it but I could be wrong. Holiday season might boost those numbers though.

However, that's not exactly a failure and saying it's "literally dead" is a bit silly considering most people buying it are likely playing it among friends, not online.

Additionally, I'm interested in purchasing it myself but I want a second controller before I do. So, let's not rush to conclusions about a lack of potential, future purchases. Meanwhile I'm still on the fence about Pokken. Pokemon or not, it doesn't exactly show itself to be anything wowing from the perspective of a longtime fighter fan but that's just me.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Generally, looking at the interest for Pokken, there is none, like at all, I was perhaps being TOO generous with my prediction, I just naturally expected it to sell better on hotter less dead hardware, but I am having a hard time finding really, any switch fan who is excited for it besides one personal friend.

Arms is more likely to have bundles with the consoles given that it's a major nintendo developed exclusive, and considering it shipped 1 million from release to end of the June, I could believe it passed 1 million as there is no real evidence that it is under 1 Million, unless you count VGcharts, which is so wrong on so many games.
    Diablo Bore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Been replaying Darkest Dungeon on my Vita and god damn would this be a good mature title for the Switch.
    Totally agree I love playing dd on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Totally agree I love playing dd on my computer
    It's definitely a game I want to try, maybe I will if it comes to the Switch, don't feel the need to by it on my PC or anything though.

- - - Updated - - -

I just now realized farming simulator is coming to the Switch, Day 1 clearly.
    Diablo Bore.

Generally, looking at the interest for Pokken, there is none, like at all, I was perhaps being TOO generous with my prediction, I just naturally expected it to sell better on hotter less dead hardware, but I am having a hard time finding really, any switch fan who is excited for it besides one personal friend.

Arms is more likely to have bundles with the consoles given that it's a major nintendo developed exclusive, and considering it shipped 1 million from release to end of the June, I could believe it passed 1 million as there is no real evidence that it is under 1 Million, unless you count VGcharts, which is so wrong on so many games.
    If you combine the NPD and Mediacreate it's no where near 1 mil and there is no way ROW is making up the difference. ARMS is a rare Nintendo game that is actually overshipped, I highly doubt Nintendo is even actively producing new copies of it considering what they shipped and what the measurable sales are.

It's seems you're arguing just for the sake of it. ARMS is not a sales monster and Pokken will out sell it on brand name alone. Which game is a parent going to buy their kid for christmas weird springy arm character they never heard of or Pikachu on cover?

Pokken could actually outsellf FEW, XC2 and ARMS COMBINED in a best case scenario, but even in the worst case one it's out selling all of them.

Pokken and ARMS are both meh games, but Pokken has the brand power. There is a reason it out sold many better games on the Wii U(Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, XCX, TMS, W101) all games Pokken out sold being released at the tail end life of a dead in water system. Some of those games not even remotely close in sales either. The reason? Brand power. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-17 at 10:34 PM.

Does anyone know of any hidden gems on the E-shop? I only own BoTW and snipper clips. Nothing is really sparking any interest until Super Mario Odyssey.

May grab shovel Knight though because I loves it on the 3ds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reji View Post
    Does anyone know of any hidden gems on the E-shop? I only own BoTW and snipper clips. Nothing is really sparking any interest until Super Mario Odyssey.

Not an eshop exclusive but lego city undercover is a game slept on by many. It was one of the better Wii U games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reji View Post

Wonderboy is really fun
    Diablo Bore.